The online racing simulator
3h of As Historic (2 classes)
(114 posts, started )
Good it looks like we have everyone acounted for, only skins i don't have is the #4 and #6 Muroc, but i know they'll be racing cause i saw them practacing a lot
Qual Is In 15 Min
Qual results
w00t. Bengt got pole in GT2
My team mate just took over for me, but instead of him starting in the pits he started half way around the track, a few corners before the second sector marker. Very strange bug, I think we lost a place or two there.
I had an odd bug, teammate crashed, I took over, but the setup was all screwed, gearing was very low, suspension was very bouncy, not sure what happened there

Dan,
I would like to apologise for ot showing up, partly due to illness and partly to bad internet connection, finally woke up, and couldn't join any online server (Connection to master server), so Sorry Aldi and sorry everyone else, hope the raceing was still good!!!
Quote from Cropsy :My team mate just took over for me, but instead of him starting in the pits he started half way around the track, a few corners before the second sector marker. Very strange bug, I think we lost a place or two there.

It's a well know bug Cropsy... pitbug, warping you to somewhere half way the track, one lap down...
Misko told me one day, that if you dont see any cars when you first connect, you should reconnect quickly and that will solve the problems.
Pity though..
#84 - Nobo
Congratulations to the winner!!!
Thanks a lot guys for racing Official results, race report and pics will be up tomorow evening (17-04-2006)
Humm i would like to point out that the quali times are wrong....If you had of waited untill i finished my lap you would of gotten the right time I quali 4th place. See in my screenie. Great race everyone and congrats to cyber. Was a big test for us as we had little time to train for the XRR since we never really used it before and i found it was a handfull to start of with.
Attached images
quali 3 hour.JPG
Hehehe, nice spin Jaakko

Dan,
When will we see official results?

BTW, I think that in races like that should be very clear rules about overtaking slower class cars. Now it was bit random & I had few contacts with big GTRs when they were overtaking our little dSRC UFR...
Well I had one ugly situation with a little XF GTR. He made a mistake in the little eau-rouge and I was right behind him with my XRR. Now to avoid him, I had to drive wide in the eau-rouge and through the grass, leading me to spun off. For the rest I think most of the overtakings went smooth, even when now and then some guys could have let someone pass before a corner rather then blocking them through the corner. Let's put it that way: In my opinion from the 2 classes the GTR's have top priority when it comes to overtaking, cause a GTR looses a lot of time if it gets stuck behind the smaller XFR/UFR in a corner (1st corner speed is slower and 2nd you can't accelerate like you would normally at the exit). The smaller cars don't loose that much time if they leave space for the GTR's by running wide in a corner.
I disagree, just because the GT1 class is faster, it doesnt give them priority IMO.

The GT2 class were racing for places to, and are not going to move off their line just to let a GT1 class car through, of course, when I knew there was a GT1 car behind I was aware, and would make room wherever possible, but I wasnt going to jepperdise any time by moving off line.

I thought it went really well, the 2 class thing.

Dan,
I drove two stints in the XFR and my general impression is that the majority of the GTR drivers were careful enough to overtake at the most suitable places on the track. As a small gtr (XFR) driver I never expected GTRs to try overtaking in crazy places like the eau-rouge, and the last chicane before start-finish - that would be far too risky. Also I think it's wrong to give the GTRs top priority when overtaking. I prefer to look at it as cooperation; gtrs sacrifice a bit by going a bit wide in a corner, while GTRs loose some time by taking inside line. Simple.
I agree Aly. I was blocked a few times due to the little cars wanting to drive round the corners before i could overtake but the bigger named teams i had no problems with at all. I did have a little issue with the #1 car who almost pushed me onto the gravel but other than that i think it went great.
Quote from owl_NO :I drove two stints in the XFR and my general impression is that the majority of the GTR drivers were careful enough to overtake at the most suitable places on the track. As a small gtr (XFR) driver I never expected GTRs to try overtaking in crazy places like the eau-rouge, and the last chicane before start-finish - that would be far too risky. Also I think it's wrong to give the GTRs top priority when overtaking. I prefer to look at it as cooperation; gtrs sacrifice a bit by going a bit wide in a corner, while GTRs loose some time by taking inside line. Simple.

Well I didn't try to overtake this car in the eau-rouge section (well imo he could have let me pass just before this section without loosing any time), i wanted to overtake him on the straight after this section. But as he did a mistake in this section I had to avoid him, wasn't meant as a crazy overtaking maneuver. I think I have enough experience to know when I can overtake someone or when it's better to back off.
Quote from owl_NO :Also I think it's wrong to give the GTRs top priority when overtaking. I prefer to look at it as cooperation; gtrs sacrifice a bit by going a bit wide in a corner, while GTRs loose some time by taking inside line. Simple.

Exactly, trouble is, when people drive big cars they get a nice big penis extension, which sometimes means that people have the "BLUE FLAG, BLUE FLAG GET OUT OF THE WAY FASTER DRIVER COMING THROUGH" syndrome

Of course, deliberate blocking is bad, but we were all racing for places, and driving a bigger car does not automatically give you "oneupmanship"

Dan,
Well it's not because the GTR's are so fast on the straights that the Gt2's can
only let them pass there. Of course to overlap someone both drivers must work together. And the majority of time this was no problem, but from time to time you could've been blocked by a slower car in corners where it would have been possible for that car to let you pass before the corner. I don't think that it changed something on the result but who likes to be stuck?

PS: It also has not necessarily to do with the 2 classes, this situation can also happen when there is only one car class on the track. Difference is that with 2 classes the bigger car loose more time behind someone.

3h of As Historic (2 classes)
(114 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG