The online racing simulator
@wheel4hummer
well.. not quite, that track is to wide open, i want something that is just .. lined with trees and you just feel like you have no room to move, giving the track a small appearance even though it isn't, so that you really have to train your brain to get good times around the track
Quote from Greboth :Laguna seca? thats got some serious elevations and drops. Can support fast cars. Although it hasnt got that "home town" track feel.

Ah, Laguna Seca. There's a track that's got everything. The corkscrew is the ultimate "oh shit" elevation change in any track I've seen. While it's a bit technical, it can definitely support fast cars. I was there 2 years ago for the Monterey Historics, when Ferrari was the marque of distinction and they had Micheal's 2003 car there trying to break the track record. Didn't quite do it.. a couple of hundredth off, but seeing a car that fast maneuver the track was hair raising even from the stands.
is there a video of that somewhere?
well i've been thinking about this more, and a track that has really appealed to me on this topic is VIR (virginia international raceway)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVES715qL0w

its a great track, plenty of altitude changes, and its quite wooded, but i think something in LFS would look ever better if it were wooded closer to the track and more so in the center section

but its generally a fantastic track with just about everything you could want (well.. minus a corkscrew) but it has esses, long turns, sharp turns, serious hills, and a seriously long back straight which will really determine who has the better line

heres a map of the track

http://www.ogaragroup.com/ogara_ssi/images/va_racewayMap.jpg

..anyone find it a resemblance to road atlanta?
http://www.automobilemag.com/f ... 07_x+road_atlanta_map.jpg
I still want my Canadian Mountain track. hehe
#56 - joen
I never saw those old Aston screenshots and missed this thread before, but damn, I agree that´s the type of environment LFS could really use.
I always felt a forest type track would be great to have and give a great sense of speed.

So Eric, how about it?
Quote from Bob Smith :It's true, I so want a properly motorway modelled in LFS. Oh yeah. Grr.

Although preferably without the toll booths in the middle of a high speed section. But starting from somewhere like that would be great. Makes a reverse track awkward though. Point to point! Oh randomness.

Autobahn was also my favorite in that game.

The LFS tracks are in between that ultra smooth surface and a very poor, nordschleiffe?, surface.

Now they are all much alike.

There could be much more difference between the different tracks just by making the tracks have their own track smoothness.
I'll just quote my post from an earlier thread, becasue I still like the idea, although it's unlikely.

Quote from DTrott :I want a twisty, mountainous circuit as well. Maybe a point to point thing.

What I'd really like is to thunder through the hilly and twisty roads of the Yorkshire dales, in a classic british sports car. Piercing the country side silence.

Like this: http://www.istockphoto.com/fil ... ral_journey.php?id=493050

I'd also like English woodland track this sort of scenery: http://www.istockphoto.com/fil ... 94632_road.php?id=2694632

Though the truth is we probably won't get one.

The second pic you have there, DTrott, I what I want the most; a two-lane Tarmac Rally type stage through a dense mountainous forest area. I have a feeling that won't happen, without modding, in LFS, though.

Alternatively, I want my Canadian mountain race track. lol (Yes, I'm going to keep bringing it up... )
Quote from Vain :You mean like a long narrow track with few visible corners, a lot of vegetation and very hilly?
That's why I want to see a 'Ring-track in LFS.

Vain

but withought the walls that are on the ring... and a bit wider.. like model it as a 2 lane road...
black wood looked pretty good back then :o

i think the streight away on the old black wood is better because of the bump which theyv toned down into a small smoothe hill now
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :
i think the streight away on the old black wood is better because of the bump which theyv toned down into a small smoothe hill now

Why can't people understand that the bump was just badly modeled, bug and unrealistic. Imagine doing that in the BF1, would snap your neck I tell you! :P

Some sort of west loop to Blackwood would be cool, it should go deep into pitch black woods. Blackwoods eh? Well...you can always dream :/
A Blackwood "Rally Stage" would be neat; Could be set on the other side of the highway in a dense forest; but I don't want any sort of connection to the race track. The race track has one config (plus rallyx and reverse) and I like it best that way. But I do like the idea of a BL Rally.
I'm glad to see Champ car took my un-announced suggestion. They wanted another French-Canadian date; where the idea of 3-Rivers was brought up. I immediately suggested St. Jovite to my father.

It's a BEAUTIFUL track and area. There is two problems with the circuit, though. The first being a very small paddock area, and the second being that it is not very fan friendly. Fans are limited to the paddock area, and the infield around the top 1/3rd of the circuit pretty much. They need to find some way to extend the paddock area and allow the fans full access around the circuit (like Mosport) and then it will be an absolutely amazing facility... Moreso.
Actually St. Jovite (le Circuit Mont Tremblant) has more elevation changes than VIR. Turn 1 is a ballsy corner for sure, Namerow another interesting corner, and the bridge turn (Shapr righthander immediately after a moderate climb).

VIR ain't got nothin on Mont Tremblant as far as I'm concerned... okay.. maybe it has one thing; crowd friendliness. .. *cough*

VIR is nice, too, though.
Okay, I was just watching a video on youtube of the track, and you're right maggot, it actually does have a fair amount of altitude change, I say +1 to CMT, also it has 5 tracks paths you can take on it too which is a good +.
Dunno about you guys, but I gave up posting track suggestions lonnng before this thread was even created.
Nice to dream, but the word futile comes to mind. We'll get 3 or 4 environments with S3, 5 at the most I reckon, and there'll be a lot of disappointed people. The current batch of LFS tracks is fairly unimaginative, quite formulaic (particularly the S2 stuff), and positively bewildering in some ways. Tracks aren't and never will be LFS's strong point, mainly since there's so few, but more of the same wouldn't be great either.
By the way, st.jovite is actually a fake name to avoid confusion. The tourists that came from USA and other parts of Canada were apparently confused with the name. The track is actually in the town of Mont Tremblant, St-Jovite being another town.

I agree, it definietly isn't fan friendly, say, as the Gilles-Villeneuve track is, but that actually adds a bit to it, imo. I wouldn't see it with huge stands all around it.
You don't need stands to be fan friendly; yet again I'll bring up Mosport ( ). It has small stands on the front straight, and some inside Turn 8. That's it. BUT the thing that makes it fan friendly is the openness; you can go almost anywhere there. That is what I'd like to see St. Jovite do.

Oh, and I know it's in the town of Mont Tremblant. St. Jovite is just easier to say, me being a non-french speaking Canadian. Tremblant just doesn't roll off the tongue like 'Jovite' does. (Anyone who knows the proper french pronounciation for both knows what I mean, I'd assume.) Along the same lines, I use the English translation for Trois Rivieres. (Three Rivers) I know, I'm an ignorant jerk... I've come to terms with that. lol.
That original screen shot which got you started on this thread is of the track Lime Rock Park. The game in now Driver's Republic and that track is rather fun and feels very remote. I love it. It reminds me of my local track. Some of the tracks we have now feel too comercial if you know what I mean.

The old blackwood had this same feel, Fern Bay to some degree feels the same as does Westhill and parts of Aston but in the end that all feel too much like international racetracks and less like the local club track that I feel would fit better with how I see LFS.

I always felt that for S2 the Fastest cars should have been the non-downforce GT cars and the FOX single seater. The GTRs, FOX, FO8 and BF1 could have been left for S3 along with an LPM and other high end cars.

I hope for S3 we get some tracks that feel like the local haunts that see less profesional racing an more drivers training and club events.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG