The online racing simulator
Quote from joeynuggetz :Isn't that limerock park?

Not steep enough but did remind me of Limerock.

In the UK circuits grandstands I can think of:

Brands (S/F + some on GP circuit?)
Donnington (S/F only)
Silverstone (lots)
Mallory (none)
Cadwell (2 small ones)
Oulton (some)
Snetterton (maybe S/F?)
Lyden (none)
Goodwood (most corners)
Rockingham (grandstand only spectating)
Pembery (none)

I think LFS could do with less grandstands in future tracks and more intense tracks with less run off area like proper club circuits and some really high risk fast undulating corners (such as Devils Elbow @ Mallory and Knickerbrook @ Oulton).
#27 - Vain
Quote from Hyperactive :I think my local track is the forest Big grin

So you propably like rallying a lot Big grin .

Vain
Quote from _Rob_ :Autobahn was my fav track in that game

It's true, I so want a properly motorway modelled in LFS. Oh yeah. Grr.

Although preferably without the toll booths in the middle of a high speed section. But starting from somewhere like that would be great. Big grin Makes a reverse track awkward though. Point to point! Oh randomness.
Dunno about you guys but i think i can recognise where the pics have been taken around AS. I think 2 or 3 places are a little unrecognizable.
I liked the level through the forest most in the 914 or Carrera RS (not Normandy the other forest) as well as the City track in the 959. So much better than the Hot Pursuit 2 that followed.
Never had S1 but I thought Aston was new for S2? Or was this development screens (there are S1 screens of the FO8 somewhere).

Quote from Bob Smith :Btw, where is this shot: http://www.liveforspeed.net/page_images/screenshots/as6.jpg - I can't remember it in game.

The very fast esses on the Aston Historic/GP layouts always scare me shitless Big grin
Quote from ajp71 :The very fast esses on the Aston Historic/GP layouts always scare me shitless Big grin

esses section only scares me in FV8 because of that last right hand turn before the bridge, if you go over a touch on it, it has a curb thats invisible, and can fling you .. destroyed my FV8 on like a 20 lap race.. was like lap 18 too.. that sucked

but the turn during and after the bridge scares me in GTRs, because it destroyes your front right

and no, aston was not in S1, all we had was BL, SO, FE, and AU
but apparently (obviously) it was made beforehand and extremely made over ( i just WISH we would get the docks track back: http://www.liveforspeed.net/pa ... /screenshots/shot5big.jpg )

imo, looking at this picture of the start of the old aston
http://www.liveforspeed.net/page_images/screenshots/as2.jpg

^ i want to see something like that
Quote :Le Mans has lots of sections that are unaccesable to the public, just long tree-lined sections

You can drive the whole thing except the start/finish section. You might have trouble recreating the mulsanne chicanes without wrong siding a roundabout, but it's all public road except the complex. The fact that parts of it are tree lined is because it's in France, and they like their trees Smile.

I actually disagree a little with the original post, I find a lot of the tracks in LFS quite sparse... We've got a lot of "Snetterton" like tracks already, what I feel would be nice is more tracks like Blackwood and South City where the backdrop has something other than farmers fields.
Quote from Becky Rose :You can drive the whole thing except the start/finish section. You might have trouble recreating the mulsanne chicanes without wrong siding a roundabout, but it's all public road except the complex. The fact that parts of it are tree lined is because it's in France, and they like their trees Smile.

i think, he meant that some sections of le mans are unaccessable to the public DURING a race Smile (no opportunity to watch that sections as a visitor).
Quote from Primoz :I agree, the old starts were nice. And can you find more pics of that track? (did you say it was the 'docs'?) Also look at this pic:

http://www.liveforspeed.net/pa ... /screenshots/shot1big.jpg

Notice the green on the inside of the corner? Smile

same goes for the uphill after the esses on bl ... bl is too paved now too modern too clean
Quote from Primoz :I agree, the old starts were nice. And can you find more pics of that track? (did you say it was the 'docs'?) Also look at this pic:

http://www.liveforspeed.net/pa ... /screenshots/shot1big.jpg

Notice the green on the inside of the corner? Smile

that right there is the long turn in SO Classic (notice how much it has changed)

the docks.. is what i call it because i can never remember the name of it, i think its the name of some like.. body of water or something.. some of the guys that have been here know what it is

there are VERY old pictures of the place, but its not.. really anything more helpful lol it looks like an old DOS game
http://www.4players.de/renders ... ;world=lfs&setid=4205
look down at bottom for the really old pictures, the ones with the palm trees
A track in the middle of nowhere sounds good. Reading all the posts so i was thinkin - there are tracks like blackwood that are surrounded by farmers fields but they dont feel like the little in the middle of nowhere tracks as theres lots of space round the track.
I saw a video of blackwood last night and i guess was s1 as the chicane had metal barriers which IMO looked good. The graphics are an improvement but as general outline of track it looked better.

(ill try to find link for video)

Edit : http://video.google.com/videop ... 660&q=lfs&pl=true <-- video
that is s1 but whoever recorded that video had modified textures loaded... the original textures werent like that...
Quote from Takumi_Project.d :that is s1 but whoever recorded that video had modified textures loaded... the original textures werent like that...

I wasnt commenting on textures or anything. Simply if you look around the track there seems to be more trees and closer to the track.
On the uphill from the esses (in S1 blackwood) the trees were actually ON the track, at least some leaves and branches of them Smile S1 Blackwood was actually quite nice... This one is kind of too modern. We have Fern Bay that looks old, but Blackwood had a much more classic feel to it, maybe because it's a brittish track and FE is Jamaican?
Psst would it be anyhow possible to hack the old blackwood into S2 Big grin
@Takumi, thats not S1, thats pre S1 back in the demo days the textures were like that (actually, i believe those were pre S1 textures made by Mr. X)

@primoz, yes FE is "jamaican" (put around quotes since its a made up track)

@Greboth, yes, there were TONS... literally TONS of trees on the left side of BL during S1 and before down the back straight
I miss those trees alongside the S1 BL GP in after the esses... It was beautiful then Big grin

I too would like a middle of nowhere track... How about a Canadian one this time? BC mountains anyone? Big grin "Greg Moore Memorial Park" perhaps? :P

MAGGOT
Ooooooooh, with killer downhills and uphills :pillepall Big grin Thumbs up

And yes, it's 'jamaican' Smile

Oh, Hyperactive, it would be nice, but isn't doable Frown
@Maggot... hey.. maybe not canada, but... anywhere there is snow would be nice Big grin

so, some of you may be wondering well.. isnt KYGP kinda out in the middle of nowhere.... it is..... but it definetly doesnt give that feel, i think it doesnt give that feel because of how much area there is from side to side on the track, and i would rather see armcos on this 'out in middle of nowhere' track as compared to KY's thick concrete kiler slabs (some sections look kinda good in small areas ei: right before the hard right turn and then into the esses, on that straight on the left side there are a ton of trees which give it that feeling)

maybe its just that i want a track with an invisible turn
Quote from XCNuse :@Maggot... hey.. maybe not canada, but... anywhere there is snow would be nice Big grin

Well, I wasn't thinking THAT far up the mountain Wink

What I want is a fun track, which has some hair-raising elevations, and a "home-town" track feel to it, but can still support fast cars. Also, have a little less run-off, to help with the "crap-your-pants" feel to the track. For instance, Mosport and St. Jovite (Mont Tremblant) are good examples of this. Hell... why not just make a Mosport clone? Big grin lol

MAGGOT
Would be kind of nice to have an old track too Smile Like the old blackwood, with cracked up and patched asphalt and an REALLY old school layout Smile
Quote from MAGGOT :What I want is a fun track, which has some hair-raising elevations and a "home-town" track feel to it, but can still support fast cars. Also, have a little less run-off, to help with the "crap-your-pants" feel to the track.
MAGGOT

Laguna seca? thats got some serious elevations and drops. Can support fast cars. Although it hasnt got that "home town" track feel.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG