The online racing simulator
Old School out in the middle of nowhere track
so im currently looking through blackhole motorsports' website, and came across this game being created called Racecom, nothing about the game.. but rather the track in the screenshots
specifically this one: http://www.bhmotorsports.com/sims/RCOM/screenshots/7.jpg

now.. whats cool about that picture, is its like all the tracks back .. waaay back during the early days of tarmac tracks that.. basically look like they are out in the middle of nowhere with trees .. basically everywhere, driving like in a forest almost.

but what that picture reminds me of, is the old pictures of Aston, which... looks like it "caught up to its time" and now has big stands and whatnot
but i think.. this is what we needs, a track like it used to be :
http://www.liveforspeed.net/pa ... s/screenshots/Image12.jpg
http://www.liveforspeed.net/page_images/screenshots/as6.jpg

and .. thats what kinda sucks about all of the tracks in LFS right now, they all seem to be around.. some large .. economy, theres always huuuuuge buildings somewhere in site, and never.. tree covered track sections which is pretty much uninhabited; which.. kinda gives racing its original name, back when there were no tracks, but dirt pathways

anyone agree..?, have any ideas, comments or anything about having a track thats mostly in a very 'out in the middle of nowhere' idea for a track
(and yes, this isn't a specific point out to this track, but nordschleife and the nurburgring do include this kinda.. highly forrested area)
Yeah, I know what you mean. One thing I always loved about the Paris-Dakar rally was the complete remoteness of it - just man and machine. Le Mans has lots of sections that are unaccesable to the public, just long tree-lined sections. Would be very cool.

Btw, where is this shot: http://www.liveforspeed.net/page_images/screenshots/as6.jpg - I can't remember it in game.
Quote from Bob Smith :Btw, where is this shot: http://www.liveforspeed.net/page_images/screenshots/as6.jpg - I can't remember it in game.

Reminds much of Aston GP/Historic we have now.

Somekind of midle of nowhere section would be cool for some tracks. Like Westhill, it could have longer old section with it, midle of forrest. Hilly tarmac track in midle of forrest...hmm

*sits and waits who is the first one to mention and post a pic of the Norchalsieseise*
I dont recognise it either tbh, so its either been cut, or heavily modified to the chicane on Aston GP / Historic? As usual I'm probably wrong (or am I just trying to spread mis-information )

I totally agree with the remote-ness factor of tracks. A paris-dakar style "track" could be fun But more general remote-ness would also be very cool :up:
Looks like the long left-right-left leading to sector 3 in the GP and Historic configs of Aston, maybe the FOV is just making it look longer than it really is :S
#6 - Vain
You mean like a long narrow track with few visible corners, a lot of vegetation and very hilly?
That's why I want to see a 'Ring-track in LFS.

Vain
Isn't that limerock park?
thats the pre S bend at aston (that tire is the same tire so..)
and that was back before S1 lol
#9 - Swat
one of the reasons there might not be remote tracks in the game is because the cars in the game would be raced on the big tracks with buildings and stands and stuff
so if you want those kinds of tracks you might have to wait untill we get some different cars
but i would also like to see some of those tracks
#10 - Vain
Oh yeah, you only see those street cars on the real big tracks. I mean, XRT and XFG type cars are only driven on wide highspeed tracks and never on some tourist-type track. Normal people just can't effort a pure racecar like the FXO and so normal people can't take them to the local racetrack on trackdays. Really!

Vain
#11 - Swat
#12 - Vain
Mine is the 'Ring.

Vain
ya mine (er.. hte one we used to have part ownership in) used to be... Road Atlanta.. till then.. panoz has .. well, turned the place into a tourist atraction.. its not really a race track anymore
Me local tracks are Pocono Raceway/Limerock/Dover/Watkins Glen. I live in NJ. Any1 been to the IRL Watkins Glen race?
I think my local track is the forest

A forest track could be nice, hmm. Can you even hit a tree in LFS in any track? Too safe
I don't think it's nice to imitate Jimmy Clark's :bananadea.
ya.. you can hit a tree.. go to Fern bay lol
where on the track?.
fe green specifically has most open trees
If I had magical powers I would remove all the spectator stands etc. stuff from Westhill and make it look like some really old half-adandoned track with Autumn scenery.
Quote from XCNuse :fe green specifically has most open trees

I go check now.

EDIT: Couldn't really hit any of those trees. Unless you get over the fence there is no chance of hittinh 'em
the ones after the HUUUGE jump hill? on green.. you can hit those.. or atleast you could in S1
no tree is hitable on green.where is the HUUUUGE jump hill 'cause i don't get air.
Quote from deggis :If I had magical powers I would remove all the spectator stands etc. stuff from Westhill and make it look like some really old half-adandoned track with Autumn scenery.

Mmm that reminds me those great countryside tracks of Porsche 2000, crossing forests and valleys, they were good
Autobahn was my fav track in that game

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG