The online racing simulator
Schumacher to Mercedes?
(284 posts, started )
Schumacher to Mercedes?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/h ... t/formula_one/8368107.stm

Quote :
Michael Schumacher is poised for a sensational return to Formula 1 with the new Mercedes team, according to BBC Sport pundit Eddie Jordan.
Mercedes want the seven-time champion as their lead driver after taking over title-winning Brawn, Jordan says.
"The possibility is being actively pursued and I believe it is going to happen," said Jordan.

Not sure what to think about this myself.

Discuss...
Do not beleive anything that comes from Eddie Jordans mouth!
Pure and simple: Don't believe it until it is confirmed. I don't really see any reason why it couldn't be and would be awesome to have Hamilton, Button, Massa, Alonso, Vettel and Schumacher all on track at once.
#4 - 5haz
Stranger things have happened, especially this past year.
Michael is part of the Ferrari familiy. If he wants to race he only needs is to talk with Montezemolo and he will kick Massa or Alonso's ass in order to make a place for him. So no, I don't believe it l
#6 - 5haz
Mercedes and Schumacher do go way back though, back when him and Frentzen were doing World Sportscars for Merc, at the time Frentzen was seen as the more promising driver.
Quote from JPeace :also mercedes is a german manufacturer, and im guessing that schumacher would love to race with german teammates in a german team?

considering his history with the team back in the late 80's with GT's and other racing series...I don't think so. He'd try to establish himself in the team as the "master" instead of a leading driver...plus he's way too attached to Ferrari to leave them for their main rivals (even if Brawn is managing Mercedes), so it would be a huge shocker if he would join the team. It would be as shocking as his retirement 3 years ago or even, dare I say, Senna's death.
#8 - JJ72
Lemme guess.........all hype till season opener then we will all be told his neck isn't alright afterall.
-
(DeKo) DELETED by the_angry_angel : Irrelevant.
I think Schumey's connections with Brawn are what's important in this case. Not his links with Ferrari.
-
(tristancliffe) DELETED by the_angry_angel : Irrelevant.
-
-
Schummy is in America driving a kart this weekend for TonyKart at the SuperNats, so unless BBC was really slow with getting it out there, then it's all a rumour...
Quote from DeKo :All through the season, he might have been annoying, but he was always right on insider dealings.

No he hasn't, he's come out with so much bullshit, like when he said his "insiders" told him massa's injuries they were totally different to what he said it was. Hes done it all through the season, you tell me when hes said something that has come true that wasn't already in speculation before he said it? You think all these people are going to be giving him inside info so he can go shout at the top of his voice on the telly and to the press so he can make money? I don't think so...
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :No he hasn't, he's come out with so much bullshit, like when he said his "insiders" told him massa's injuries they were totally different to what he said it was. Hes done it all through the season, you tell me when hes said something that has come true that wasn't already in speculation before he said it? You think all these people are going to be giving him inside info so he can go shout at the top of his voice on the telly and to the press so he can make money? I don't think so...

With regards Massa's injuries, nobody knew until about 12 hours later. His insiders were just that - insiders. They don't necessarily get it right themselves, and so much is speculation - albeit often educated speculation.

I don't like Eddie, but he does have a knack for getting his news right.
I wouldn't be surprised if Eddie Jordan's prediction turned to be wrong though. At this point in time, no one is even able to imagine Michael Schumacher in any other team than Ferrari.
Why not? He's not been that chummy with Ferrari since Todt left, Alonso didn't want him in the team either, his contract was apparently not going to be renewed (in the same role at least), he's a big friend of Brawn, and is ex-Mercedes.

I don't think it will happen, but it's not that unlikely...
Quote from JPeace :also mercedes is a german manufacturer, and im guessing that schumacher would love to race with german teammates in a german team?

I think Michael is not a stupid patriot. Who cares about nationalities in F1? This is not the soccer world cup...
This would be mind-boggling, upcoming season already seems to be as exciting as it can get without this..
Even if he would go to Merc, his comeback would be doomed after first crack in his neck.

But it'd be interesting to see him back compared to all those newbs.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Do not beleive anything that comes from Eddie Jordans mouth!

Eddie is a bit of an idiot on the BBC but he has awesome super secret contacts in the F1 paddock, he seems to know stuff before team bosses know it.
Like what? All i noticed was him getting it wrong all the time.
Quote from nitronitrous :michael is part of the ferrari familiy. If he wants to race he only needs is to talk with montezemolo and he will kick massa or alonso's ass in order to make a place for him. So no, i don't believe it l

+1
Quote from Töki (HUN) :+1

Why is that +1? It might be true, but it's completely missing the link between him and Brawn which if anything would be even more significant.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Like what? All i noticed was him getting it wrong all the time.

You need to watch the F1 forum on the red button a bit more, every other week Jordan seemed to have inside information on something. Of course he would take that information and interpret it in a totally bonkers way, but that doesn't mean the information was wrong.
And, as much as Jordan talks nonsense, his predictions, (for the podium, i know this is irrelevant to the drivers rumour mill) are mostly right
#24 - 5haz
In modern F1, thats quite easy.
-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Töki (HUN)
Quote from Gills4life :Why is that +1? It might be true, but it's completely missing the link between him and Brawn which if anything would be even more significant.

Hmm, yeah Brawn is a good point, but still, he won't return.

Schumacher to Mercedes?
(284 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG