The online racing simulator
Schumacher to Mercedes?
(284 posts, started )
Quote from BlueFlame :As a unit, you and a kart are more connected to the road, you feel all the bumps in your spine, you are closer to the ground, more open to the elements. Saying you're more connected in a kart than any other car just makes sense to be honest.

Dunno about that, there are lots of cars out there with very hard suspension and lots of downforce as well as larger tyres and contact patches.

Of course I don't know how it feels to drive such things, and neither do you.

Anyway, wasn't this all about someone trying to prove that Karts are very similar to F1 cars? And now I've got people try to tell me the opposite.

Its all daft TBH, you can see the differences just by looking at them, the power characteristics are completely different too, and people don't go straight to F1 cars from Karts for a reason.

And F1 drivers may be racing Karts for recreational purposes.

Quote from durbster :Oh great. Came in here to read about Schuey and Mercedes and what a surprise, it's the same moronic banter found everywhere in this forum.

Nobody cares about your smug playground argument. If either of you think either you are impressing the readership then think again. You're only illustrating that you're as insecure as each other so move on and stop littering the forum with your pointless pissing contest.

Ta.

Yeah, you just added some really useful on topic stuff there. :rolleyes:

If you don't like the heat, get out of the kitchen, if we need a running commentary from you we'll bloody ask for one, ok?
Quote from BlueFlame :I agree lol

Funny you consider yourself somehow not part of the problem.....
Quote from JJ72 :Funny you consider yourself somehow not part of the problem.....

I don't I'm just sick of people arguing for the sake of it. I won't give in to anyone but I'm beginning to think what's the point in anybody even sharing their opinions anymore, it always evolves into an arguement. Much of the time between Tristan and Alan and Alan isn't the one that starts it. It's Tristan who can't leave shit alone that starts it.
Quote from 5haz :
If you don't like the heat, get out of the kitchen, if we need a running commentary from you we'll bloody ask for one, ok?

Thats abit harsh, maybe we're in the wrong kitchen in the first place? - Create a relevant thread
People can argue with my opinions, which is fair enough. But my opinions aren't really mine, they are based upon what people that have experienced both F1 and top-level karting have told me. Your not arguing with me, your arguing with them. So if you disagree with me go speak to Davidson, go speak to F1 team bosses, go speak to Schumacher and ask them yourselves. I try to inform my own opinions. And tristan to call me misinformed while youn make statements about karting which aren't true. For example the idea you can't change anything while driving, which as I proved you can, and do quite regulary.

Davidson is pretty clear in what he says. There's no way to misinterprete his opinions. He loves karting more than most, but i know he hasn't got weird agendas. It actually surprised me the extent at which he praised his karting days. He has NOTHING to gain by saying karting is as hard as F1. What he says is not tainted, I can assure you.

/ends
Quote from Scott Mckenzie :Thats abit harsh, maybe we're in the wrong kitchen in the first place? - Create a relevant thread

Sorry but it just winds me up when people think its clever to point out people not contributing anything (they see as) useful, while not exactly adding anything useful either.

You are not the police of the forum, so stop telling people what they should do.

Quote from Intrepid :People can argue with my opinions, which is fair enough. But my opinions aren't really mine, they are based upon what people that have experienced both F1 and top-level karting have told me. Your not arguing with me, your arguing with them. So if you disagree with me go speak to Davidson, go speak to F1 team bosses, go speak to Schumacher and ask them yourselves.

So you're admitting to blindly taking the opinions of others without thinking about them properly? (or having any first hand experience)

Quote from Intrepid :Davidson is pretty clear in what he says. There's no way to misinterprete his opinions. He loves karting more than most, but i know he hasn't got weird agendas. It actually surprised me the extent at which he praised his karting day. He has NOTHING to gain by saying karting is as hard as F1. What he says is not tainted, I can assure you.

How do you know?
-
(Scott Mckenzie) DELETED by Scott Mckenzie
-
(5haz) DELETED by 5haz
Quote from Intrepid :For example the idea you can't change anything while driving, which as I proved you can, and do quite regulary.

Fancy playing 'spot the question mark'?

Quote :/ends

Yayness!
Quote from 5haz :Sorry but it just winds me up when people think its clever to point out people not contributing anything (they see as) useful, while not exactly adding anything useful either.

If it brought the thread back on topic then I'd say it was useful.
I have been in karting for my whole life, and know the community. EVerybody knows everybody, and everyone has stories to tell. it was also me that SPOKE to anthony. He has no agendas. He just loves karting. Ant is one of the most genuine racers i've ever met. It doesn't take long to spot hidden agendas when u've been in motorsport as long as I have

I admit to actually SPEAKING to the people involved in the sport in all areas before making an opinion. I don;t make an opinion and then try and find ways to re-inforce it. That's just bad science!
Quote from 5haz :

Quote from 5haz :
You are not the police of the forum, so stop telling people what they should do.

Hypocritical?

I never claimed to be the forum police, although it may be cool for a day. I was simply agreeing to what durbster said, he has a valid point. This thread is titled 'Schumacher to Mercedes?' not go-karts versus F1.
Quote from BlueFlame :I don't I'm just sick of people arguing for the sake of it.

You've barely done any karting, you've barely done any slicks&wings racing, so for what 'sake' are you arguing? You can't add anything to the argument/discussion. To me that sounds like arguing for the sake of it...
Quote from Intrepid : it was also me that SPOKE to anthony.

Drivers never lie or say mistruths to journalists. Ever.
So that's your arguement? People lie to journos? I know (sometimes) when people lie, it's pretty easy to read. Ant has nothing to gain, and none of my questions were leading questions. His views surprised me more than anyone, but they aren't that unusual to be honest.

But if you believe Ant, and numerous drivers throughout the history of motorsport are bullshitters then fine.

Yep, what SilverArrows said.

It all makes sense now.
Quote from tristancliffe :You've barely done any karting, you've barely done any slicks&wings racing, so for what 'sake' are you arguing? You can't add anything to the argument/discussion. To me that sounds like arguing for the sake of it...

I'm not gonna sit and let you rip into Alan again because you do it everytime you and him post in the same thread as each other, many cases you just post purely to argue with him.
Quote from BlueFlame :I'm not gonna sit and let you rip into Alan again because you do it everytime you and him post in the same thread as each other, many cases you just post purely to argue with him.

Is blueflame feeling sowwy for ickle Alan, and wants to look after him?
Quote from tristancliffe :Is blueflame feeling sowwy for ickle Alan, and wants to look after him?

lol I think some people are just slowly waking up to my side of the debate Tristan.
Quote from tristancliffe :Is blueflame feeling sowwy for ickle Alan, and wants to look after him?

From a supposed argument backed by logic, into a playground whine. wtb fail?
Jordan was right.

Anyway, looking forward to upcoming F1 season. Curious what our olde German can do, curious on the new teams, no refueling, ect... Still sucky parts in F1, but we had a good year, next year should promise to be good as well.

Quote from Intrepid :lol I think some people are just slowly waking up to my side of the debate Tristan.

Pity they're not the kind of people you'd want to ascociate yourselves with.

You seem to like turning this into some kind of big war (and claim victory every 5 minutes), you also like to act the victim, when its you that starts this off.

No matter what the subject is, BBC, Karting or whatever, its always you the causes this. And now people have learnt to ignore you and your BBC rantings, you've gone back to Karting as the basis of your attention grabbing behaviour.

If you don't want to be picked on, stop being such a repetetive, trolling, attention whoring arse.
Quote from 5haz :Pity they're not the kind of people you'd want to ascociate yourselves with.

You seem to like turning this into some kind of big war (and claim victory every 5 minutes), you also like to act the victim, when its you that starts this off.

It's not, Alan always posts before Tristan, and then Tristan picks at Alan's comments. It's clear to this day, from the beginning that you both agree to disagree so why Tristan do you insist to continue it?
So it's agreed that there is a direct correlation between being good at karts and being good at F1? Every karter that has ever been any good would win F1 championships. Those kartorers that beat Schumi in Vegas would all be 10 times F1 world champions, assuming they had the money to get there?

Right....
Quote from BlueFlame :It's not, Alan always posts before Tristan, and then Tristan picks at Alan's comments. It's clear to this day, from the beginning that you both agree to disagree so why Tristan do you insist to continue it?

Why does Alan insist to continue it?

If he didn't post the same crap over and over again, and regard his views as absolute fact, then perhaps Tristan would leave him alone?

Alan's got himself this bad reputation that leads to him getting picked on, and he does absoluetly nothing to change that, its his fault and nobody elses.

Schumacher to Mercedes?
(284 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG