The online racing simulator
Mercedes take ownership of Brawn
(82 posts, started )
It looks as if McLaren is going to be a full-on British team then!
Goooo, Nico!
"Mercedes GP"
#5 - hp999
Fail.
I knew that Mercedes were looking at a bigger share in Brawn but didn't expect them to take a majority share. With McLaren moving the road cars away and now this, is this the end of the Mclaren Mercedes partnership?

Will McLaren be just McLaren now then? or will the keep McLaren Mercedes as they are still powered by them. Eitherway, good McLaren are back but shame the Brawn name is leaving already.
#7 - wild
It's good news for 'Brawn' then, at least they'll not have to worry about money anymore. As for McLaren well they still get free sponsership out of it + free engines i believe.

McLaren: Lewis Hamilton + Jenson Button
Mercedes: Nico Rosberg + Nick Heidfield

Interesting line up i see for 2010
Quote from Greboth :
Will McLaren be just McLaren now then?

They will stay as Vodaphone McLaren Mercedes

Cant wait to see Jenson and Lewis on the same team
Quote from Greboth :I knew that Mercedes were looking at a bigger share in Brawn but didn't expect them to take a majority share. With McLaren moving the road cars away and now this, is this the end of the Mclaren Mercedes partnership?

Will McLaren be just McLaren now then? or will the keep McLaren Mercedes as they are still powered by them. Eitherway, good McLaren are back but shame the Brawn name is leaving already.

If you read the article linked it states:

Quote :As part of a deal that will see the McLaren Group buy back Mercedes's 40% shareholding by 2011, the German company will continue to supply free engines and sponsorship to the team for at least the next six years.

The team's official name will remain Vodafone McLaren Mercedes.

Wow, I didn't expect that, and it's kinda funny.

(Mock up obviously)
Not too bad either :P . But I just hope we won't see both teams with similar paint jobs.
Great news (even if it everyone knew it was going to happen)!
#14 - aoun
Quote from Knight_Atack :Not too bad either :P . But I just hope we won't see both teams with similar paint jobs.

Mercedes is the silver arrows. The car will be silver, with a colour of whatever sponsor is involved. Vodafone = Red Mercedes = Silver.

Old Mclaren, West = Black and red, Mercedes = Silver.

Its already known that the car will be silver. Crome on the other hand, i guess we dont know. All crome and black would look great to me.
Ross Brawn sure made some money out of this season. He invested a friggin 1 euro and made over 500 million euros profit.

And Brawn GP will remain as the only team which has won on its first (and last) season both Drivers and Constructors championship. Way to go Ross!
Quote from Knight_Atack :Not too bad either :P . But I just hope we won't see both teams with similar paint jobs.

Maybe it is finally time to bring the Orange back perminatly. Though they probably will be silver/white as usual
Quote from EliteAti :Brawn GP will remain as the only team which has won on its first (and last) season both Drivers and Constructors championship. Way to go Ross!

Only because the car was already there for them, only 2 things he did was buy out honda's F1 department (even honda out them out with money problems) and change the team's name.
Quote :only 2 things he did was buy out honda's F1 department and change the team's name.

And I thought I was cynical.

But the above is just downright wrong.
#19 - JCTK
Quote from rc10racer :Only because the car was already there for them, only 2 things he did was buy out honda's F1 department (even honda out them out with money problems) and change the team's name.

and all he paid for it was ONE euro...
but don't forget that even if the development was done with Honda's money, Ross Brawn was the one that transformed the team of making the worst car on the grid into a championships winning team...

the first thing Merc do after buying Brawn is to try and put two german drivers into the team... I'd prefer they to keep Button, it's not like they can't afford it anymore...
#20 - 5haz
So now Mclaren will have a rocket who crashes out quite a bit and a pair of relatively steady hands. Probrably quite close to a perfect driver line up.

Mclaren seem to be taking a massive gamble over the next decade, and if it pays off Mclaren could become a car company to rival Ferrari. But Mclaren are taking quite a bit of a gamble and Merc are taking over an established championship winning team with none other than Ross Brawn at the helm, so I think Mercedes are likely to come out of this better off eventually.

It'll be nice to see some genuine silver arrows back in F1, silver goes very well on a race car IMO.

Quote from rc10racer :Only because the car was already there for them, only 2 things he did was buy out honda's F1 department (even honda out them out with money problems) and change the team's name.

Ross Brawn joined the team in 2008, so no doubt he had an influence on the car and the team for quite a some time before Honda pulled out.
Quote from JCTK :and all he paid for it was ONE euro...
but don't forget that even if the development was done with Honda's money,

And obviously most of the season's budget was still Honda's money. There were reports at the time that Honda had given a £100 million "dowry".
Quote from 5haz :Ross Brawn joined the team in 2008, so no doubt he had an influence on the car and the team for quite a some time before Honda pulled out.

I remember reading somewhere, I think it was an interview with Ross, that he joined too late in the development of 2008 to have a big impact. Only through the season he could. Whereas 2009 was under the full impact of having Ross on board. Either way, it was an amazing transformation.

Button and Hamilton in the same team would be an awesome line up. The previous world champsion and the current racing each other in the same machinary - who is going to win.
Quote :Q: Can you tell us if the look and feel of the Brawn will change to be Silver Arrows next year?

Dieter Zetsch: The answer is yes. Without any detail so far of how this will look, we are on the way to develop that, but it will clearly be Silver Arrows.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80175
#24 - 5haz
Quote from Greboth :I remember reading somewhere, I think it was an interview with Ross, that he joined too late in the development of 2008 to have a big impact. Only through the season he could. Whereas 2009 was under the full impact of having Ross on board. Either way, it was an amazing transformation.

Yeah thats what I meant, he had an influence on the 2009 car, he didn't just show up and buy the team.

Anyway, I'm quite excited about it all.
Quote from Greboth :Button and Hamilton in the same team would be an awesome line up. The previous world champsion and the current racing each other in the same machinary - who is going to win.

Lewis most likely.

If button is to Mac then what now for Kimi?

(82 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG