The online racing simulator
How can i spot a cheater
(42 posts, started )
How can i spot a cheater
how can you tell if some one is cheating in lFS?
What would make you think someone is cheating?
I don't think you can cheat in LFS the only thing i can think of which i don't really consider a cheat is the tweak and you cant use that online so......
Cheaters are usually not of the subtle kind, so they're easy to spot due to them going down the straight at 300 km/h in the XFG.

For a subtle cheater to succeed, he would be required to have a decent driving skill and keep his cheating to minimal bursts of speed that improve his time, but not beyond the world record. Not because times better than the WR aren't possible, but because they draw lots of attention. Overall the existence of a subtle cheater is very unlikely, considering how people with decent driving skill don't tend to cheat in the first place.

If you have a suspicion, a thorough look at the replay should reveal what's up. Sudden jumps forward are a giveaway, as are laptimes that seem very unlikely compared to what skill the driver displays. If someone consistently has problems in corners or botches one or two in a lap but still has a very good laptime, something is up.

That said, you can't cheat in single player / hotlaps. I mean, technically you can, but anyone watching the replay will get an OOS error, making it obvious that whoever recorded the replay didn't have the same physics restrictions as you do.
Quote from AndroidXP :Not because times better than the WR aren't possible, but because they draw lots of attention.

Not on oval servers.
That's true, but in the replay the cheat would be even more obvious, since you cannot reach those times without constant teamwork. And if you already have to hang around others to drive fast then what's the point of cheating?
They are generally 'yellow' with black spots, and they chase gazelles. Very flexible backbone, and one of the fastest creatures in the world, and the fastest land animal (at @75mph top speed!). Probably more likely to be found in the Serangetti.

It's likely that Mike Tyson has one as a pet.
This is not Counter-Strike. We do not have a witch hunt for cheaters.

I can't even tell you how many times I've been banned from CS servers on suspicion of cheating. Actual cheating in CS doesn't even really seem that prevalent these days. I don't even recall the last time I saw someone blatantly cheating, but the witch hunt goes on.
Gone are the days of... Rocketeer was the name of that thing, right?
Quote from tristancliffe :They are generally 'yellow' with black spots, and they chase gazelles. Very flexible backbone, and one of the fastest creatures in the world, and the fastest land animal (at @75mph top speed!). Probably more likely to be found in the Serangetti.

It's likely that Mike Tyson has one as a pet.

ah, good times. lol
I was just woundering I seen a player on my server hitting times that seam imposable to hit making Perfect laps with no screw ups...IM sorry i put in 2whole days doing the same track with every DL set up I could find and tweaked mine and COULD not drive perfect laps every time times would change each lap and would loose RPMs in corners....This person held same line never lost RPMs or gained RPMs you would have thought it was a AI computer car I found it odd so I thought id ask
Just out of interest what track car combo are we talking about? and what sort of lap times was this player setting?

I have see people using the button clutch or "macro clutch" exploit to achieve a few tenths faster than what is possible with auto clutch but its not really what I would call noticable.

SD.
The best thing about LFS is that either you can drive, you are an obvious cheater very and thus very easy to discover. If someone was driving with "impossible" consistency, he was just pretty skilled, that's all. There are no "breakhakz" or "steerbots" in LFS. Creating some would be quite tough task to do and I can't see any point in spedning few months trying so. What fun would it be watching some bot winning the races for you?
Maybe he just did /ai ?
I'm actually thinking in a XFG, stucked in 1st gear going round Blackwood. No RPM changes, full throttle, and specially.. lots of fun
isnt scripting cheating though... or is that dead ?
Scripting as in macro clutch/gears is still alive and well, its easy enough to spot too, watching flatshifting in the xfg for example, with macroclutchers you can see the revs drop differently from A/C users.
I see it as a cheat, but it seems from what has been said about it before, most don't.

LFS has always had its share of players that will always cheat to get ahead, I'm sure we all know who most of them are by now.

There will always be people who will be able to drive better or faster than you, be it down to ability, skill or exploit it will always be

SD.
i just realised, in the logitech profiler you can make macros, and bind them to a button, you can probably record a lap on lfs as a macro and press a button and have it repeat and with the right luck you have a good win every time
Keep calm folks, LFS can detect when you use Logitech profiler to record a fast lap and play it back.
really
Cheater can be found, When:

: First timer bets his winnin chances and then bullying you,(Really Annoying) or...
: He/She is telling that he got S2 license,(Usually have got Tweak&NOS) or...
: UF 1000 wins UF GTR, (Which is not possible)or...
: Driving like me (And take this seriously and you want to punch my teeths off)

If taking seriously, in Patch Z someone built a NOS mode and published it...Well guess what happened then on Blackwood
whats all this bout???
Quote from RMZ125 :whats all this bout???

About how to spot a cheater. I thought it was pretty obvious.
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :UF 1000 wins UF GTR, (Which is not possible)...

I've done this without cheating...UF1 is a lot easier to keep out of walls!

How can i spot a cheater
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG