The online racing simulator
LFS'ers, I need your Votes, nothing else.
It only takes 5 seconds.

There's a Shootout that's been set up for young, aspiring racing drivers (like myself) to go head-to-head through a series of driving / racing challenges, the winner of which will get a free season in Formula BMW, and if all goes well GP2 and then, possibly, F1. The problem is it cost £9k to enter this shootout, which we don't have.

Luckily, this website below is offering 3 drivers a chance to enter the shootout for free. The 3 drivers with the most votes by the end of September will get free entry to the Shootout. This is where you come in...

Enter your email address below the black box at the top of the page and click vote. You'll then get an email from the website within which is a link, click that to validate your vote. If you can't see the email in your inbox, check your junk folder.

I'm looking to make a career in Motorsport but realistically, unless we win the lottery, there's not much chance. This may be my only hope of moving up to the higher levels in the sport. I'd really appreciate it if any of you could spare the time it takes, and pehaps get friends to do the same, to vote for me.

Thanks very much in advance guys, much appreciated.

http://www.driverdb.com/drivers/43295/

UPDATE 18/09/09:

We are offering 3 randomly selected people who have voted for me free passenger laps in my race car at a track day, driven around at race speed by myself. All you have to do is forward the confirmation email you received after voting to prize @ alexgassman.com (remove the spaces) If you voted from 10 different accounts and as a result have 10 different confirmation emails, you can forward each of the emails to the above address from the accounts you voted with. So the more times you vote, the more confirmation emails you'll have, and the more chance you have of winning one of the three passenger rides!

For more information see www.alexgassman.com
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Nope didn't see it, sorry.

EDIT: I saw Adam on there as well, did make me wonder...
Voted. I've just read your racing history on your page, and you would really deserve this opportunity. Good luck
Thanks very much Toki, really appreciate it.
Your engineer is called Alec Fitness! How could I not vote for you?!?

But seriously, you're a very clean driver on LFS, and we did share the most amazing race in LFS history, so I'd be happy to vote for you considering there are only a few other drivers on the list who I've heard of; most of whom I think have the funds to get into the series they want anyway.
voted for ya... good luck..
I know your driving in lfs and parts of your race history so happily voted for you Used both email addresses too

Good luck with it all, hope you get the place.
#8 - STF
^ I hope you used different IP addresses (just in case).

Voted. What Toki said.
Passo, StableX, Greboth, STF, really appreciate it, thanks very much.

The website is playing up, I don't think they expected the amount of traffic they must be getting. Come back to it later if you can't get it to work.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
#10 - STF
I see, my bad, I didn`t read the rules.

Anyway, good luck.
To be honest, in my eyes asking for people to vote for you to win something on a big forum or something is cheating....

But I'll still vote as soon as the page is back up, good luck to you.
I don't see how it's cheating, the guy organising the competition sent an email to all the entrants suggesting ways to get more votes and posting on forums was one of the methods he suggested, along with Facebook. Thanks anyway!

Yeh the website is still down!
#13 - pipa
Aint loading still, but you ll get my vote later .

Voted
Voted for you, good luck man
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
#15 - 5haz
You have my vote, I expect to see you as F1 champion in 5 years.
Got my vote. Driving a mr2 = legend.
Cheers all of you, much appreciated.

Pipa the website seems to be working now so you could try again if you haven't already.
Voted. Good luck!
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) in /home/driverdb/wwwroot/driverdb.com/connectit.php on line 4
The database is currently unreachable.

READY.
LOAD

PRESS PLAY ON TAPE

huh?

EDIT - works now, voted
Quote from anbiddulph :
READY.
LOAD

PRESS PLAY ON TAPE

LOL, brilliant! I bet only a handful of (middle-aged :razz people get that one
Yeh funny error message that!

Website is back up now so keep voting. Thanks so much to everyone that's done so already!
Voted, good luck dude.
Voted! Good luck!
Quote from anbiddulph :
READY.
LOAD

PRESS PLAY ON TAPE

huh?

OMG, JUST DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING FOR A WHILE DUDE! IT'S GOING

Catch a vote Alex, good luck

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG