The online racing simulator
#126 - CSF
Yes maybe that didn't help.
Quote from CSF :Well that might not be a good idea given the fits of laughter the last round gave me when BOOTHY did fastest lap.

Obviously those behind me were pissing themselves laughing so much at me being in the lead that I sneaked in there with the fastest lap!
-
(J@tko) DELETED by J@tko : Chris got angry :/
Quote from J@tko :^ Exactly why we're not going for a blanket rule

Exactly why you had to get another post to add to the 6,873 when I had already explained :doh:
Quote :What?? SCCC, a 6 years old team without any experience in endurance, throwing a chance to get into the IGTC, in order to be 100% sure they'd get in the GTAL?

This was just to show to everyone, that this rule is destroying the IGTC's and the GTAL's grids, while endurance racing is struggling with the lack of interrest coming from the "historical" teams. I find it absolutely pathetic IMO.

SCCC is a mature and experienced team and we are acting like one. We have no endurance racing experience. Hence why we will follow the natural way of working ourselfs up in endurance racing by starting in GTAL. Being a 6-years-old team doesn't necessarily make us better than a just made team (extreme example: nFinity eSports).

If our first GTAL season goes well we'll soon be racing in IGTC. If not, then at least we're racing where we should be racing without diminishing anything of the high quality racing seen in IGTC and while contributing to a great organised league, like GTAL will undoubtfuly be, with our clean and mature racing.

Win-win for everyone, I hardly see why this "would be destroying IGTC"... I'd easily say au contraire!

Sincerely,
Yann just $hites wisdom
Provisional Rulebook update:

Edited qualifying. I'm keeping the two sessions during the week. It does two things: Lets us see what might need to be watched out for, gives time to teams to see what they need to work on, offers a chance for more practice before raceday, and will allow us admins time to sort any issus, and allows drivers and teams a break between qual and racing. Shift p/s must be done from a pit stall. Added the qual driver must do at least a lap rule.

Amended some other stuff, but nothing too difficult if I remember.

It's attached. If there are no further complaints, I'll update it with a table of contents and stuff. I'll also do a few summary sheets for the important stuff like race procedures etc.

Also, provisional schedule, order may change though:
Round 1: 3 Hours of Kyoto GP Long (KY3) w/Boothy chicane
Round 2: 3 Hours of South City * - See below
Round 3: 6 Hours of Westhill International Reversed (WE1R)
Round 4: 3 Hours of Fern Bay Gold (FE3)
Round 5: 6 Hours of Aston Historic Reversed (AS4R)
Round 6: 3 Hours of Blackwood Grand Prix Reversed (BL1R)
Round 7: 12 Hours of Kyoto National (KY2)

The SO is not fully decided because we have a few combos in mind. SO4 is considered overused, and we won't use that. Jackson brought up SO6R as "being really great" that we basically canned that idea. So, the combos we've narrowed it down to are:

SO4R and SO5.

We are leaning at the moment towards SO4R, but want to hear what you all think.

We are also unsure on start times yet for the season, but once we finalise the rules and stuff that'll be sorted.

Also, provisional restrictions are in the rules. FZR 21%, FXR 23% and XRR 24%.

We are also going to stage a test event rather soonish after all of this other bureaucratic stuff gets sorted. And after applications start.

Comments of course, are welcome.

d
Attached files
GTALRegulations_2010_0_4.pdf - 72.2 KB - 173 views
If you asked me on what track to use for the SO round I´d say SO4R. SO5 is nearly as overused as SO4.
SO4R indeed sounds good.
Can the KY3 race be made KY3 Rev ?

Good updates further, bit sad about the split qualify but I can understand the motivation of doing so.

Bring on the test event
Quote from GianniC :SO4R indeed sounds good.
Can the KY3 race be made KY3 Rev ?

Good updates further, bit sad about the split qualify but I can understand the motivation of doing so.

Bring on the test event

They already finshed season 1 on KY3R and KY3 is nicer and easier to drive. Especially with boothy´s chicane.
Quote from dekojester :Round 1: 3 Hours of Kyoto GP Long (KY3) w/Boothy chicane

Does that mean Boothy will stand there and we avoid him? That would be a spectacle if i ever saw one.

Quote from dekojester :Jackson brought up SO6R as "being really great" that we basically canned that idea.

Also Lol. But i do like his idea though strangly.

I like the scheduale going to be a good mix
Quote from AstroBoy :Does that mean Boothy will stand there and we avoid him? That would be a spectacle if i ever saw one.

Also Lol. But i do like his idea though strangly.

I like the scheduale going to be a good mix

The boothy chicane is findable here http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1236304#post1236304

And no, boothy will not be there. He'll be in the race control booth helping me monitor the race if everything goes to plan.

Jackson also said that WE1R was a shite idea for a track, but I again reminded him that he is automatically evicted from any discussion on what westhill combo to use, what to do with a setup, or anything other than actually race it or discuss the race after it happend because of this post of his
Keep ky3 it's mint !

For South City, so4r plox

And is there any chance to replace we1r by we1?
Quote from GreyBull [CHA :]And is there any chance to replace we1r by we1?

No.
I'm glad we're naming the corner after Boothy. Hopefully MoE will use that chicane so I can keep saying his name so he becomes an LFS legend with his corner-making skills.
Forza SO4R ! Not a track for women ^^ like FE

Looks to be a nice programm withlonger race...that's better
As much as it would be funny to stick a marshal there and skin it to look like me, I don't think the drivers would approve of being spectated. And I'll be racing anyway, so I can't be in two places at once.

Can we have a common sense approach to the restrictions please, keep the FZR where it is, and move the other cars closer towards it! Calendar looks good but isn't 7 rounds a bit much? Considering season 1 only had 5 races, and MoE has 6 - especially with the longer races?
I personally wouldn't mind dropping KY3.

Sorry JP
No way, let's drop we1r instead.
Quote from Wilko868 :No.

yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes
Original:
Round 2: 3 Hours of South City * - See below
Round 3: 6 Hours of Westhill International Reversed (WE1R)
Round 5: 6 Hours of Aston Historic Reversed (AS4R)
Round 6: 3 Hours of Blackwood Grand Prix Reversed (BL1R)

Better:
Round 2: 3 Hours of South City Long (SO4)
Round 3: 6 Hours of Westhill International (WE1)
Round 5: 6 Hours of Aston Grand Prix (AS5)
Round 6: 3 Hours of Blackwood Grand Prix (BL1)
Just, no. This isn't MoE.

GTAL: New Management Introduction
(207 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG