The online racing simulator
GTAL: New Management Introduction
Hello racers !

I figure that since I'm now a moderator of the section, it's alright to make this announcement and post. Advance apologies for this long post, but hopefully it can convey most of what I want it to.

I am the Chief Race Administrator of New Dimension Racing, and we are pleased to report that the GTAL admins of Season 1 selected us to continue on this promising series. We accept this offer, gladly, and will work to make GTAL as great as it possibly can.

For those who don't know us, New Dimension Racing are a team of 5 (errrr...now 6) LFS members: Jack "J@tko" Atkinson, Joseph "JO53PHS" Ellis, Thilo "TFalke55" Falkenberg, Timo "hyntty" Hynninen, Chris "wilko868" Wilkinson, and myself, Jonathan "dekojester" Palmer. We started as a team in the beginning of 2008, and started with the LFS Beginner's Cup. Since then, and our very dismal Kyoto 250 in March of that year, we have grown and honed our skills immensley, and now seem to have gained a good reputation in the community, which we intend to keep. Our current list of events that we run (excluding GTAL) are: LFS Beginner's Cup, Kyoto 250, Kyoto 500, LFSCART, LFSCART Light, and MiniFBM Series. We also hold occasional special races, mostly of a 2h Endurance variety. This year's Kyoto 500 had over 100 signups, and over 40 drivers attempt to qualify for the 30-car field. We take our job seriously, and do our part to make opportunities for racers to race.

We plan to run GTAL as a Winter Series, to reduce conflicts with our other events, and with all the events that run in the Summertime. It will follow the same general calendar consumption as MoE generally does, operating with actual rounds from November until March/April. We classify our events based on the year they complete. So, if a season runs from 2009-2010, it will be Season 2010. So therefore, the next season of GTAL will be called "GT Amateur League 2010"

I wish to hear from you, the participants and interested parties, your thoughts on what should come for the 2010 Season. We have already had some internal discussions, but before we make anything official or announce anything, we want to see what you all have to say. Anything is open to be commented about for what you would like to see in 2010 Season. We will go through everything and make sure that as many loopholes are close.

We request that you keep the discussions here civilized and clean. The first season is done, and there is no need to ressurect past arguments. We do not want a flamewar. No attacks to anyone. Anyone doing any attacking of any sort to anyone will have the offending content removed. We desire to see a clean, and respectful discussion.

We have a rather simple credo/motto/stance at NDR, that's not really officially written, but it's understood by most who participate in our events:

We at NDR will strive to provide the best racing experience possible, and will do everything in our power to make the racing as clean, friendly, and safe as possible. Our plan will only truly suceed if the participants in the race follow the rules, after having come to a working understanding. We as Administrators only have so much control. Ultimately, an event's sucees or failure is down to what the racers do on race day. We do not demand respect, we prefer and know that it is earned. The same is held for the drivers. We will respect you and give you our trust when you prove that you deserve it. We do not wish to, nor will we ever wish to be "The Mean, Power-Hungry Race Administration." We want to see fair, clean racing. Racers who fail to do their part to make an event a success lose any rights to expect constant nice actions from the admins, we then have the right in that case to pass judgement on any incident(s). We don't hold grudges ever, we don't single people out without probable cause. We will always, regardless of what happens, treat you in the fairest manner possible. If all drivers do our part, and all admins do their part, then the ultimate goal we strive for is a safe, competitive, and most of all, FUN event for all.

That's it. That's not even really still anything official, as the credo/stance changes with the environment, but that's the jist of it. It's close enough to official.

We want to see friendly competition, we want to see racers doing the best they can do. So, with all this in mind, tell us what you think for Season 2010, as well as any general comments you have about NDR. We'll answer any questions. The only authoritative responses will come from the two main honchos of NDR, which are myself and J@tko. Other members of NDR will come in I'm sure, but expect only official word from me or J@tko for the time being. We'll sit back and look at what you have got to say, then we'll come in and answer. We want to hear your side first.

Thank you all for continuing to participate in LFS, without you, there would be no need for us. We thank you, and hope to see you around.

Sincerely,
Jonathan "dekojester" Palmer
Chief Race Administrator
New Dimension Racing

EDIT by J@tko: Rulebook link http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=91132&d=1251285409
Great news! Good luck in GTAL 2010, maybe we are in again

One Question: Will there be any broadcasting in GTAL 2010? The final broadcasting Round in GTAL 2009 was very good.
Cheers!
Quote from fireb0llch :One Question: Will there be any broadcasting in GTAL 2010? The final broadcasting Round in GTAL 2009 was very good.
Cheers!

We will consider broadcasting as we get closer to the time. For now, we will focus on what needs to be done to prepare for the racing: Rules, Restrictions, Applications. But yes, we will look at broadcasting, something we do with several of our events.
OLD news! ... Well I'm glad you guys took over, good adminning, and you stick to the initial rules
good luck !!!
Best of luck deko and NDR.
I wish you good work. Keep it up
Gl and looking foward to next season
Good to hear.
Good Luck NDR and thanks to the old organisators for the work they have done
NDR is a bunch of really fair guys. GTAL 2010 will be superb for everyone involved.
Quote from pacesetter :OLD news!

Without me you wouldn't have been aware of that that early so:shhh:

Hey, good luck NDR btw, I'm sure you'll fit really well for the job

PS : Will we have SCs?
Quote from J@tko :Oh come on Yann

Deko's in charge, of course there will be SCs lol

You´re driving the rescue car then J@tko, right?
On paper it will be written J@tko as SC I bet. But for real, he has dinner.
Quote from evilpimp :On paper it will be written J@tko as SC I bet. But for real, he has dinner.

No, we'll have someone else to SC.

:P
Quote from dekojester :
We at NDR will strive to provide the best dinner experience possible, and will do everything in our power to make the eating as clean, friendly, and inconvenient as possible. Our plan will only truly suceed if the participants in the race understand we gotta eat, after having come to a working understanding. We as Administrators have so much hunger. Ultimately, a dinner's sucees or failure is down to what the racers do on race day. We do not demand gravy on our tators, we prefer to know that it is earned. The same is held for the drivers. We will respect you and give you our leftovers when you prove that you deserve it. We do not wish to, nor will we ever wish to be "The Mean, Power-Hungry Biscuit Hog." We want to see fair, clean eating. Racers who fail to do their part to make a dinner a success lose any rights to dessert. Constant nice actions to the admins are expected when we ask you to pass the ketchup.. We don't hold forks ever, we don't say excuse me when the gas just won't stay in. We will always, regardless of what happens, treat you in the fairest manner possible. If all drivers do our part, and all admins clean their plates, then the ultimate goal we strive for is a full belly, dry pants, and a decent nap.

Sincerely,
Jonathan "dekojester" Palmer
Chief Race Administrator
New Dimension Racing

seriously tho, i know that NDR will make the GTAL as much of a premier league as the MoE and others.
good luck deko and crew, and to all the participants in the future seasons.

regards,
k.m.
If they would eat that often and that much they´d all be fat and after some time get a heart attack and die.
Quote from z-ro 8 :seriously tho, i know that NDR will make the GTAL as much of a premier league as the MoE and others.
good luck deko and crew, and to all the participants in the future seasons.

regards,
k.m.

You fail havoc. :P

d
Thanks for the compliments and good luck wishes, but I'd still like to see some things you'd like to see changed or think should be. It'll be still a couple weeks before we have a provisional rulebook out.

d
Premier Amateur league? Cool
Quote from dekojester :Thanks for the compliments and good luck wishes, but I'd still like to see some things you'd like to see changed or think should be. It'll be still a couple weeks before we have a provisional rulebook out.

d

Good to see you guys getting involved

I've raced in a couple of your events and always found them well managed.

Changes/alterations/comments:

1. It would be good to see fuller grids.
2. We need more 6hr races, not just one at end of season. Maybe a 12hr finale?
3. I liked the no MoE/IGTC drivers rule. Gives the rest of us half a chance.
4. Would you consider the introduction of a push car/safety car?
5. Can the season be longer than 5 races pls? Although one a month was good spacing.
6. The restrictions should be the same as MoE GT2.
7. Will teams who raced in season 1 be given priority in the sign up? I can see this being MUCH more popular this time around.
8. Glad you're moving it to winter, far too many nice summer evenings spent in front of my PC....
9. The race end procedure should be followed or scrapped from the rules.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG