The online racing simulator
I cant see why its so hard to say thanks for hosting the server and leave it at that?

If it doesn't butter your banana race somewhere else ..
Quote from richo :I cant see why its so hard to say thanks for hosting the server and leave it at that?

If it doesn't butter your banana race somewhere else ..

Because when people congregate to specific servers and most of the others hardly get more than 2 or 3 people we'd like those few populated servers to be free of people likely to wreck our races again and again and again.

Then again if this server attracts all the flies... maybe that's a good thing after all.
Quote from pik_d :Because when people congregate to specific servers and most of the others hardly get more than 2 or 3 people we'd like those few populated servers to be free of people likely to wreck our races again and again and again.

And again and again and again and again and again. I can do this all day. I've been taken out of almost every race I participated in yesterday.
Unfortunatley it happens so you need to develop the new skill of race craft and actually waiting and then overtake in the sensible places if someone does dive bomb into turn on with no indication of braking tell an admin and they will be kicked/banned

Tur8o
That doesn't really help when someone you're lapping sideswipes you on a straight, or when that same guy comes to a stop in the final chicane.
Quote from Kandis :but XRR has more torque and greater power to weight ratio, how can it be possible?

FZR has a naturally aspirated engine. The XRR has a turbo charged engine. It takes some time to get the turbo pressure up. The XRR also has no traction of the line and in short races you can´t afford to lose any time. That´s why there are mainly FZRs. And how can it have a better power to weight ratio? Both FZR and XRR weigh the same and have the same amount of power.
Quote from Deutschland2007 :FZR has a naturally aspirated engine. The XRR has a turbo charged engine. It takes some time to get the turbo pressure up. The XRR also has no traction of the line and in short races you can´t afford to lose any time. That´s why there are mainly FZRs. And how can it have a better power to weight ratio? Both FZR and XRR weigh the same and have the same amount of power.

The facts are from here
http://www.lfs.net/?page=contents&car=xr_gtr
http://www.lfs.net/?page=contents&car=fz50_gtr
It is the same actually, I didn't go into the values, I just saw that XRR has the highest value of those 3 GTR cars.
What do you mean saying "The XRR also has no traction of the line"?
Quote from Kandis :The facts are from here
http://www.lfs.net/?page=contents&car=xr_gtr
http://www.lfs.net/?page=contents&car=fz50_gtr
It is the same actually, I didn't go into the values, I just saw that XRR has the highest value of those 3 GTR cars.
What do you mean saying "The XRR also has no traction of the line"?

Go to any track, then floor the throttle hammer in 1st gear when the lights go green. Do this with all 3 cars and you´ll see that the XRR has the worst traction. You also see more sliding out of corners from XRR drivers. It generally has less traction than the FZR, but that´s also down to the fact that the FZR has it´s engine at the back.
For me FZR is more difficult to drive than XRR, in AS3 though I am quicker with FZR
Quote from Kandis :For me FZR is more difficult to drive than XRR, in AS3 though I am quicker with FZR

Better drive the car you like more rather than the car that´s "faster". I drive the XRR for most for the time although I think I could be faster in the FZR. The only thing where the XRR is more difficult than the FZR is under braking. When you have to downshift the reartires sometimes lock and the back get´s abit lose, but aslong as you don´t shift down to quickly all should be fine. There is not an all that big diffrence between XRR and FZR on AS3 as the XRR has a fair bit of topspeed.
Quote from Deutschland2007 :Better drive the car you like more rather than the car that´s "faster". I drive the XRR for most for the time although I think I could be faster in the FZR. The only thing where the XRR is more difficult than the FZR is under braking. When you have to downshift the reartires sometimes lock and the back get´s abit lose, but aslong as you don´t shift down to quickly all should be fine. There is not an all that big diffrence between XRR and FZR on AS3 as the XRR has a fair bit of topspeed.

Even though FZR is faster, it is as challenging to drive as XRR The rear tyres of FZR doesn't last long despite my efforts to be smooth. Maybe it is the setup issue, as I haven't made it for FZR myself yet. And it is easier to control XRR in the first corner of AS3, than FZR
Quote from Deutschland2007 :Go to any track, then floor the throttle hammer in 1st gear when the lights go green. Do this with all 3 cars and you´ll see that the XRR has the worst traction. You also see more sliding out of corners from XRR drivers. It generally has less traction than the FZR, but that´s also down to the fact that the FZR has it´s engine at the back.

I don't think FZR Engine is in the rear. It's rear wheel drive but I"m pretty sure the engine is in front. It's not a volkswagen, I mean Porsche.
Quote from cobra193 :I don't think FZR Engine is in the rear. It's rear wheel drive but I"m pretty sure the engine is in front. It's not a volkswagen, I mean Porsche.

The engine is at the back. Just have a look at the weight distribution. 62% of the weight is at the back. Engine has to be there.
Quote from cobra193 :I don't think FZR Engine is in the rear. It's rear wheel drive but I"m pretty sure the engine is in front. It's not a volkswagen, I mean Porsche.

Hehe, it's actually at the rear
I thought it was modelled after the Nissan 350z (which is a front-mid engine)? I guess it WAS modelled after Porsche..

And a while back I thought the XRR was 4 wheel drive.. I was wrong then too.
Quote from cobra193 :and a while back i thought the xrr was 4 wheel drive.. I was wrong then too. :d

:d
I have raced this server a few times over the last few days, and I have to say that it's very enjoyable racing.

Yeah, there are occasional crashes, and most of the time they are in turn one, but what would you expect? 25 or more cars, all having a long run in to T1, braking from 150mph to 108mph within 20 yards, and all trying to navigate without touching anyone - that's part of what makes it such a challenge.

I've not experienced intentional crashers - every race replay is watched, and 9/10 times crashes happened because of the volume of traffic in a single corner. That's racing and if you cry about it, then go play mario kart instead
I like the Conedodgers and their server.
Quote from jrd.racer :I like the Conedodgers and their server.

Then make a topic .. " i love CD because"

As you have all of 6 months in lfs , go hijak some other topic
This server is in serious need of admins who are not afraid to use the kick button regularly to get rid of the idiots runing everyone's races. Get some or start doing this!

I can't count how many times i've watched wreckers go about lap after lap knocking ppl out and there would even be two or three AMG guys on the server, chatting amongst each other... and guess what? nothing is done about the wrecker... even after they have been told several times.
Quote from DoC_uk :go hijak some other topic

i saw that Amg was kinda being compared with CD a bit so i commented
and what about the other guys taliking about the FZR is rear engine or not..they basically hijacked the tread too.
Quote from jrd.racer :i saw that Amg was kinda being compared with CD a bit so i commented
and what about the other guys taliking about the FZR is rear engine or not..they basically hijacked the tread too.

No its not being compared to CD , a few CD have posted here but its a disscussion about the AMG server .

The disscusion about the pros and cons of the xxr was infact quite interesting , so I stand buy my previous post
Quote from DoC_uk :No its not being compared to CD , a few CD have posted here but its a disscussion about the AMG server .

The disscusion about the pros and cons of the xxr was infact quite interesting , so I stand buy my previous post

ok brother ....peace, peace
Quote from DoC_uk :

As you have all of 6 months in lfs , go hijak some other topic

How much time must somebody spend at LFS for the right to say something in the forum?
Quote from Damion1972 :How much time must somebody spend at LFS for the right to say something in the forum?

you're quite right , the 6 month thing was a cheap shot , on the other hand its not really about the right to say something , more about really knowing what you are saying . knowledge gathered over time ..

@Jrd.racer , sorry about the 6 month thing there buddy , was an uncalled for comment

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG