The online racing simulator
2009 Kyoto 500 : Race Discussion
Hello all !

Here's the thread to discuss the race, from pre-race thoughts, comments, strategy discussions, predictions.

DO NOT post protests in this thread, there will be a thread for that.
A Thread Will be created later on Monday with Driver's Briefing Info.

The Race will be run on Cloudy Afternoon conditions, with low wind on. The NDR server is set to this.

Race will be going green flag at 16:45 GMT. The Driver's Briefing will contain the schedule of events.

d
2:45AM here Damn thats harsh.

I just hope people will not be as aggressive as they were in the practise sessons.

3 people in my team in the 500 with all 3 continuing on with the LFSCART so good points can be made here.
let's discuss how BIG this is gonna be! \o/

GUYS, SERIOUSLY...
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG COME UP, PLEASE BE PATIENT AND LET'S DO THE FIRST LAP WITH NO INCIDENTS!!
we will not win this race in the first lap...
If you need someone to fill up the grid in case of a non-attendance, you can call me.
Guys, please, be careful. No one wants to be rammed at Lap 1 in 270 lap race.
I could voluntarily start from the back, it's the best option.
We'll gotta be very careful, IIRC, no practice session had 30 drivers, starting in rolling start, 3-wide. One bump and all can go wrong, so just take it easy, you have 270 laps to achieve whatever you want.

I'll run two stop strategy, but if there will be opportunity, i might cut it into one stop race, but that would require some SC's. How about you?

Oh, and i hope i won't get kicked in first warmup lap... happened to me so much times, MoE 24h, KY250...
If we make it through the start without a wreck, then I'll be happy the rest of the race, no matter what happens.
Quote from PMD9409 :If we make it through the start without a wreck, then I'll be happy the rest of the race, no matter what happens.

not if your pc will burn alongside with your wheel.
Or if police come to your room and ask something
Deko, TBH, I didn't try hard in qualifying. So call me when the no showers don't show, mk? And if not, Go Buck!
Quote from pacesetter :Deko, TBH, I didn't try hard in qualifying. So call me when the no showers don't show, mk? And if not, Go Buck!

weeee

i'm gonna do my best and try to avoid the first yellow flag of the race, which will be shown up just after the race start!!!

you will race, james! you can count on it!!!!
Remember, that we call up people to race when we need to BY THE ORDER THEY QUALIFIED. So, 31st will be before 41st, etc.

As per the rules.

d
Quote from buck77 :weeee

i'm gonna do my best and try to avoid the first yellow flag of the race, which will be shown up just after the race start!!!

you will race, james! you can count on it!!!!

and stay off the grass in turn 2 when yer under me please.
(kyoto250....)
#15 - wild
All I can say is good luck and I sincerely hope that each and every single one of you finishes the race

Just remember to check your mirrors when attempting to pass. Another thing; make sure you enough space, time and speed when attempting a pass. Other than that read Jeff's excellent topic and I'm sure we'll all do fine
Quote from z-ro 8 :and stay off the grass in turn 2 when yer under me please.
(kyoto250....)

true!!!

sorry 'bout that btw!

i actually was the most n00b ever those days! hahah
Quote from buck77 :true!!!

sorry 'bout that btw!

i actually was the most n00b ever those days! hahah

no problem!!!
good luck in the 500.
you are much improved since the 250 btw.
Quote from LFSn00b :All I hope is to have a proper race and clean as possible. Also read - http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=58779

Practising with pitspotter makes it really easy for me to drive closely to others now so I won't fall out on same mistakes I did on practise sessions.

I really don't recommend pit spotter in a race like this, but you can try it. Always try it in a large field before coming to the race, because pitspotter may actually annoy the hell out of you with so many cars around.

Your best bet... set steering buttons for viewing left and right, EVEN IF you have only 2 buttons (you G25 users). Get used to using your own instinks to drive. Use the force!

You'll become a much better and safer driver.
I actually use the paddles as my look left and right because i dont use them for gear changing
But im looking foward to it just dont want to run into any unexpected trouble especially under yellow.
I cant make the race, im in zandvoort all weekend, didnt new it earlyer then today cuss it seemed to be just a sunday event.

Good luck to all drivers
no pink power...
Quote from buck77 :Unfotrunately!

Bah, i'll take his place, I can give you some blue and orange powaa
:sadbanana
could turn out for Formula Racing and for Rudy to loose their top position in the championship to XFusion (at least in the Team Championship)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG