The online racing simulator
Quote from Kid222 :I have only one question... will i get ANY points for this shit??? Bacause i am really pissed now, 250 laps done and DNF for THIS....

Sure you will.
Quote from Kid222 :I have only one question... will i get ANY points for this shit??? Bacause i am really pissed now, 250 laps done and DNF for THIS....

Kid222
Please tell us what was going through your mind during lap 127-128 (1:37:40.00) and lap 129 (1:39:50.00).
One question: who the **** Won the race!!

I've searched everywhere and no one has said the winner.(I went to sleep after I retired.
Quote from Mustafur :One question: who the **** Won the race!!

I've searched everywhere and no one has said the winner.(I went to sleep after I retired.

Car 116, Nolan Scott, is the provisional winner, pending any protests that might come forth.

d
Quote from Skydiver173 : Kid222
Please tell us what was going through your mind during lap 127-128 (1:37:40.00) and lap 129 (1:39:50.00).

I am sorry for this, especially to number 85, which was taken out by me, but the cause was my internet. My ping raised momentarily to heaven (over 1500) and i couldn't see anyone for a while. I had no bad intention in this and i tried to stay off the line and let everyone past me, but this happened.
I want to apologize, i was considering going to spectate, but it calmed down after a while.
Quote from xtraction :awfull start, im pretty angry that J.Wang timed out on lap 2, and Brit was allowed to join the race.... whereas on the 1st green flag, i was hit out of bounds by phil diaz, who was currently in a ruthless spin, and i was not allowed to rejoin as the yellow flag came out again.

I feel that a rule should be revised and put in to place to help people early in the race in incidents similar to mine.

Because official scoring isn't started until the third lap (even if the start is waved off/delayed).

Car 085 cleared pitlane before this point, so that's why I scrambled him to the field. I had him on standby to join with the cars timing out.

Once Lap 3 starts, if you leave the course for any reason, whether due to you timing out or crashing, you're out, you don't rejoin.

Even if I did allow anyone to rejoin from early in the race, then the first 100 laps would be under yellow because of people being kamikazee. It's a league/organized event, not pickup racing.

d
IIRC, car 173 was crashed away, and in result, huge pileup after T2.
Question: Who caused that crash?
@Texas...can you be a bit more specific on that one, please ?

Also, based on what I see from the statistics from the stream, we have 300 visitors to the P2P stream, and almost 400 to the Standard stream. I'm not sure how accurate this is, but definitely is a great number. That's the total visits to the pages all day, and I don't yet see a way to get something like hour-by-hour detail.

Quote from AstroBoy :Also towards Deko in no way did i and even though it was directed at everyone i cant speak for them but myself in no way did i like being thretend by the race director.
I may of interpretted it wrong but thats how it came across to me and quite turned me off racing in future events, also my ear drums can only take so much shouting only gets you so far before it becomes annoying and looses its power.

Well, if you're taking about around the lap 20 area where I belted almost everyone for being sloppy, I'd tend to think it worked since we had very nearly 100 laps green.

I really don't like to shout or yell like that, honestly. But I spend so much time and effort and to see these things go to hell in a hand basket as it can seem in the moment, I get a bit upset. Remember, it is not personal. It's just me trying hard to keep the event clean. Once everyone gets over the jitters, I calm down when it all calms down.

I always never really see the good until a couple days after the event. My role has to focus on the bad during and right following the race. Now how I wish it would be, I wish all my races went smoothly green flag all the way. But that will be a very rare thing.

I'm much calmer in non-oval events. Oval just is so much more pressure on me, you, everyone, because of how fast everything happens.

d
Quote from dekojester :I'm much calmer in non-oval events. Oval just is so much more pressure on me, you, everyone, because of how fast everything happens.

d

That's because your not in charge on other events
Quote from Kid222 :I am sorry for this, especially to number 85, which was taken out by me, but the cause was my internet. My ping raised momentarily to heaven (over 1500) and i couldn't see anyone for a while. I had no bad intention in this and i tried to stay off the line and let everyone past me, but this happened.
I want to apologize, i was considering going to spectate, but it calmed down after a while.

If you have a copy of your local replay, can you please either upload the whole thing or mpredit it to the discussed portion ? I'd like to see what you saw if it's available.
Quote from dekojester :If you have a copy of your local replay, can you please either upload the whole thing or mpredit it to the discussed portion ? I'd like to see what you saw if it's available.

No, i don't have it. When i left the race, my room became.... can't quite describe what, but battlefield could be the right word. I had no thoughts of saving it and when i realized it could be any use later, it was already too late.
Guys, thank you so much for coming and making it such a great event. Tbh I don't think it could have gone much better than it did. My thanks to all the usual NDR peeps, but also to Chris Ford, Michael Booth, Joe Keaveney and of course Michael Passingham for doing what they did

Downloading the broadcast now [at 240kbps - WIN!], and looking forward to 3 hours of fun watching that!

I hope you all enjoyed watching/racing, and will see you on track

J@tko
I'd better post my thoughts on the race. I think what really sums up this race is my current facial expression. I'm still smiling even though the race finished more than 15 hours ago and I've had time to sleep on it. I had a lot of fun in the commentary box; what you couldn't hear were the two hidden commentators, CSF and Fuse5. They were constantly telling us ridiculous (and sometimes useful) stuff about the racing that was going on, and insisted that Buck still had a chance to win the race, with 30 laps to go.

The racing itself was exciting. Only 11 actually crossed the finish line but that doesn't really bother me. I think nearly everyone tried their best to stay out of trouble and provide some great action. I know some people have been complaining that they have been taken out of their comfort zone in this race and that the other drivers weren't following the 'FM way' of doing things. Simply, there is no official way of doing an oval race in LFS. It's up to all the drivers to understand who is where. That's it. There's no rules on how to draft. All that is asked is that you drive with foresight and some spatial awareness. I think that the quality of racing can only get better and, if there is a race next year, next year's race will surpass even this one.

That was a bit of a ramble, but hey, I'm still a little tired.
Quote from TexasLTU :IIRC, car 173 was crashed away, and in result, huge pileup after T2.
Question: Who caused that crash?

I wasn't 'crashed away'. The only person who hit me was Buck... but he hit everyone.
He hitting me didn't effect anyone else but me.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Simply, there is no official way of doing an oval race in LFS. It's up to all the drivers to understand who is where. That's it. There's no rules on how to draft. All that is asked is that you drive with foresight and some spatial awareness.

Yep.
This is exactly the point where car 116 failed in lap 153 turn 3 taking out car 123.
Car 116 was *guessing* where car 123 would be instead of getting visual confirmation of being clear to go behind car 123.
By saying "car 123 could have driven lower" you refer to the "fm way" to drive best possible line - something you apparently found out cannot be expected from the drivers.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I'd better post my thoughts on the race. I think what really sums up this race is my current facial expression. I'm still smiling even though the race finished more than 15 hours ago and I've had time to sleep on it. I had a lot of fun in the commentary box; what you couldn't hear were the two hidden commentators, CSF and Fuse5. They were constantly telling us ridiculous (and sometimes useful) stuff about the racing that was going on, and insisted that Buck still had a chance to win the race, with 30 laps to go.

The racing itself was exciting. Only 11 actually crossed the finish line but that doesn't really bother me. I think nearly everyone tried their best to stay out of trouble and provide some great action. I know some people have been complaining that they have been taken out of their comfort zone in this race and that the other drivers weren't following the 'FM way' of doing things. Simply, there is no official way of doing an oval race in LFS. It's up to all the drivers to understand who is where. That's it. There's no rules on how to draft. All that is asked is that you drive with foresight and some spatial awareness. I think that the quality of racing can only get better and, if there is a race next year, next year's race will surpass even this one.

That was a bit of a ramble, but hey, I'm still a little tired.

Seems like you just shot yourself in the foot

We were the ones that looked around us all the time. We got crashed by people that clearly didn't. So what was it you were trying to say again?
Quote from FM-Failure :Yep.
This is exactly the point where car 116 failed in lap 153 turn 3 taking out car 123.
Car 116 was *guessing* where car 123 would be instead of getting visual confirmation of being clear to go behind car 123.
By saying "car 123 could have driven lower" you refer to the "fm way" to drive best possible line - something you apparently found out cannot be expected from the drivers.

You hit that one perfect
Quote from FM-Failure :By saying "car 123 could have driven lower" you refer to the "fm way" to drive best possible line - something you apparently found out cannot be expected from the drivers.

We state all possibilities that could have been done to prevent the accident when we try to decide on a penalty. We tend to follow one simple rule about driving, which works quite well, as long as the drivers cooperate:

d
Looking around is not just 'the FM way'. It's basic sense. Don't tell me you're the only people on the planet who think that looking around is crucial to racing!
Ok, I think I understand now. I'll make sure next year I'll just ride on your left and keep you right against the outside wall. After all it is not my fault by doing it, as it would be the outside person's fault if there is any contact...

Re-read what Michael said again. Michael did not shoot himself in the foot, if anything it was the people that posted after him that did.
-
(hyntty) DELETED by hyntty
Quote from imaquad :my thoughts on the incident with 116 and 123. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvv0Gt8J0pI

I'd say thats kinda a racing incident/CoRe cars fault... It was 3 wide so maybe the guy in the middle was just being cautious but at the same time the CoRe car isn't expecting THAT much space to be left therefore he turns in for the turn rather than staying high. Maybe he shouldn't have turned into him but then again maybe the middle car should've actually turned for the corner taking a normal racing line rather then going so wide.
Quote from imaquad :my thoughts on the incident with 116 and 123. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvv0Gt8J0pI

Now, if you had shown the video in a less biased way; as in at full speed, you will be able to see that it would have been quite hard for 116 to react as 123 went past. It all happened in a split second. That said, 116 should have seen 123 in his mirrors. Maybe he wasn't expecting 123 to keep to that line, or something. It was more 116's fault. Looking at the driving from 123 earlier in the lap, it makes it abundantly clear that 123 was in an aggressive mood; weaving left and right in a strange fashion. That behaviour contributes to the decision that both cars are behaving a little oddly on that lap, therefore making it hard to apportion blame.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Now, if you had shown the video in a less biased way; as in at full speed, you will be able to see that it would have been quite hard for 116 to react as 123 went past. It all happened in a split second. That said, 116 should have seen 123 in his mirrors. Maybe he wasn't expecting 123 to keep to that line, or something. It was more 116's fault. Looking at the driving from 123 earlier in the lap, it makes it abundantly clear that 123 was in an aggressive mood; weaving left and right in a strange fashion. That behaviour contributes to the decision that both cars are behaving a little oddly on that lap, therefore making it hard to apportion blame.

sure i understand, its fast raceing with incident. i know first hand lol. but i thought the issue was he shouldve looked and w8 till hes even further in site, instead "expecting" him somewhere on track? and if 123 was weaving in an unlawful way, penalty or warning should be given then, and then another for whomever this accident? and im sure most ppl have the replay to watch full speed, can see still see him.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG