The online racing simulator
What i think would improve LFS.
(34 posts, started )
What i think would improve LFS.
Between reading through the forums and playing online, I come to a concusion.
Quite a few ppl always seem to want more, if you give the dev's a break, get of their back with new ideas, let them get on with what they are doing, without trying to do more stuff, with a longer wait till the next update, i dont mind long waits, infact i like being told tht its gonna be a while until an update, because the you know it will be great.
sure suggestions are ok, aslong as they are related to simulation,not things like big spoilers, nos(u get the idea).
But dont you think the dev's already have thought of most of the things you are suggesting to them to add into the game. Like, it not like game developing is their job, oh wait, it is. And they are very good at it, like most, they probaly have a list of content they wish to add, and a todo list, which does probaly involves some of the stuff you guys suggest to them.
Personaly i love the game, been playing it for bout 7 months now, klass, really love it, devs have done an amazing job on it, i wise them to keep up the great work they have been doing up till now.
Sure, if the tires over heat, they become soap, but if you really like the game, tht shouldnt matter, cos you know it will be fixed.

Now, i know im a newbie to this game, but i really wanna see the devs getting a break, maybe even take a break, away from annoying little kids tht want nos, and body kits, sure it might be nice, but we got nfs for them kids.

To sum it up, for a while, why dont we, as a comunity, give the devs a break from suggestions, and alot of crappy ideas, and give them a big pat on the back, it cant be easy for a 3 person team to create the best racing game(which it is) when little noobs are crying for more content, be happy with what you got, cos usaly the ones tht always want more, are the spoilt kids tht get what they want when they want

Just a thought

to the comunity, not regarding devs:
As i have just join LFS, i know what its like to be a newbie. A very small amount of people are willing to help you, and its usaly the midfeild racers that give you a hand, not saying the faster ones wont, just most have they ego is tht big they cant see that once they where new, and they usaly forget that they didnt get where they are without the help of others. Like if it wasnt for my old team(you know who you are ) i wont have improved as quick, infact i would still be at the back of the grid, with all the "can you send me your setup" crew.

So when you are racing and someone asks for your help, atleast atempt to help them, it shows tht not everyone isnt unwilling to help.

It will improve the comunity, bring alot closer racing at the front of the grid. Cos lets face it, winning a race by a lap just isnt fun, but if you have 5 or six, at the very front, and 10 or so about 3 or so seconds behind, its alot more fun.

Cheers for reading for those who took the time, you can say what ya want bout me below, just take it into consideration.

For those tht didnt read it all, Im gonna tell my mommy on you :P jk

Cheers Deathstar
that was the most beautiful thing i have ever read jklol but really everything you say is true!
+1 for this one.
The devs have the right to do LFS in their own way. LFS has it's own style and asking for too much is not good at all.

Helping newcomers (new in serious racing, not only LFS) does good to you both. The faster and more experienced one can also learn something from the training, and the newcomer gets a door to the new world. However, proper training requests not only good driving skills. You need to be experienced in this type of work, understand what the newcomers are thinking, and that's what I'm studying on.
Exactly! +1
eh... There's no ppl asking for nos and bodykits. A break from suggestions.. Do you think the devs gets bothered of them?
They just simply don't read them if they don't want to. Your idea would not improve LFS even a little.
What we need from lfs is more serious racing people and less cruisers, drifters and these stunt ppl which doesn't make any sense.
We need more proper servers, where are good reporting systems like in CTRA to have clean races without crashers.
Suggestions does not slow down their work.
Do you think devs gives a ****? They can't even be arsed to look in the topic that says something about bodykits/nos/shit. If they're bothered of it, then why the hell they read about them.. Think a little.
i was, i know they wouldnt read bout them, just proving u wrong wih them links

Quote :
What we need from lfs is more serious racing people and less cruisers, drifters and these stunt ppl which doesn't make any sense.

i really dont get the reason why so many ppl dont like drifters. Fair play if they come on racing servers to drift. But you cant comment on all the drifters unless youve met them all. their are alot of drifters, which stick to the drifting servers, dont bother racers, and quite often like to race. Some of you on here just dont seem to see past racing.
I agree we dont need cruisers or stunt ppl. they arnt even motorsports. Atleast drifting and racing are motorsports.
I don't think #1 is really talking about "stop this forum for a while". He/She is just talking about stop asking for XXXXX.

About drifting: why do so many people hate show drifting ?!
Show drifting is a kind of motorsport and it requires driving skills, so it worth much effort if you love it.
Do you take all the drifters as slow drivers ? NO. Many top drifters can race really fast. The may be not "pro" in a typical grip-style race, but not slow as well.
I'm not trying to get rid of the drifters, I just said that MORE racers LESS drifters. There will be more drifters than racers if there aren't already, the racing will be dead.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :I'm not trying to get rid of the drifters, I just said that MORE racers LESS drifters. There will be more drifters than racers if there aren't already, the racing will be dead.

I understand.
Typical racing should always be 1st for the sim and its community.
BTW, there are some teams or leagues that require both typical racing and show drifting skills. But no matter which you're good at, you have to reach some time limit to show that you can go fast enough (grip, of course). I think that's good.
Quote from Keling :BTW, there are some teams or leagues that require both typical racing and show drifting skills.

Which ones?
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :the racing will be dead.

bah...the only one who is dead is you. no offense, but there are:

[FM] servers
LR Race Centers
[NLR]Servers
LFS Norge RX
[AKM] Racing servers
[CD] Conedodgers
Redline Racing
[SR] Fox League
[AA] AirAttack servers
[NCR] Racing TBO Server
FPRS Racing servers
Netikka servers

and most of them almost 30 peoples
only few under 10 or 0 peoples

of course, those are less for drifting/cruising/carsh servers, but have you been in all of these? Because I am, expect [NLR]

EDIT: those are all racing-servers, but yes you are right, there is also many many drifing servers, but do not say you can't find racing
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :Do you think devs gives a ****? They can't even be arsed to look in the topic that says something about bodykits/nos/shit. If they're bothered of it, then why the hell they read about them.. Think a little.

Why would they waste time on something they can leave to the mods/community to deal with?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Why would they waste time on something they can leave to the mods/community to deal with?

!!!

I noticed about this comment something very special! I can see a sign...
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :eh... There's no ppl asking for nos and bodykits. A break from suggestions.. Do you think the devs gets bothered of them?
They just simply don't read them if they don't want to. Your idea would not improve LFS even a little.
We need more proper servers, where are good reporting systems like in CTRA to have clean races without crashers.
Suggestions does not slow down their work.

i like to drift, and i like to race, is tht a problem?

Quote from deathstar64 :i was, i know they wouldnt read bout them, just proving u wrong wih them links

i really dont get the reason why so many ppl dont like drifters. Fair play if they come on racing servers to drift. But you cant comment on all the drifters unless youve met them all. their are alot of drifters, which stick to the drifting servers, dont bother racers, and quite often like to race. Some of you on here just dont seem to see past racing.
I agree we dont need cruisers or stunt ppl. they arnt even motorsports. Atleast drifting and racing are motorsports.

I don't have any problem with most of the suggestions here, certainly not with drifters. In fact, not even the cruisers piss me off, unless they're suggesting stuff that doesn't benefit everyone. I even like the idea of having stunt tracks. We have the physics, why not use them and have people pushing the capabilities of the LFS cars like people do IRL? I remember Race Drivin'/Stunt Drivin', nothing else has really done that since.

The only thing that needs to stop is people whining. It's the complainers who ruin it for everyone.
Quote from Dajmin :I don't have any problem with most of the suggestions here, certainly not with drifters. In fact, not even the cruisers piss me off, unless they're suggesting stuff that doesn't benefit everyone. I even like the idea of having stunt tracks. We have the physics, why not use them and have people pushing the capabilities of the LFS cars like people do IRL? I remember Race Drivin'/Stunt Drivin', nothing else has really done that since.

The only thing that needs to stop is people whining. It's the complainers who ruin it for everyone.

correct me if i am wrong, but cant you put objects and layouts onto lfs, so there is no real need for stunt tracks imo
Quote from logitekg25 :correct me if i am wrong, but cant you put objects and layouts onto lfs, so there is no real need for stunt tracks imo

exactly! LFS is based on racing, any other is an optional

EDIT: but for example, speed bumps and other items for testing physics FTW
I don't consider a single, narrow ramp with no friction a proper device for creating a stunt track. If it was at least wide enough for a car then that'd be a step in the right direction. Banked corner pieces, a half pipe and a loop-de-loop might be a bit closer to the mark That old VGA screenshot of pre-alpha LFS had some of that, I assume used to test the physics engine.

I've seen some impressive videos of synchronised stunt drifting, no reason we couldn't have synchronised stunts like that too. Not necessary, and definitely not racing-related, but a motorsport nonetheless.
Quote from Dajmin :I don't consider a single, narrow ramp with no friction a proper device for creating a stunt track. If it was at least wide enough for a car then that'd be a step in the right direction. Banked corner pieces, a half pipe and a loop-de-loop might be a bit closer to the mark That old VGA screenshot of pre-alpha LFS had some of that, I assume used to test the physics engine.

I've seen some impressive videos of synchronised stunt drifting, no reason we couldn't have synchronised stunts like that too. Not necessary, and definitely not racing-related, but a motorsport nonetheless.

heh heh
Quote from Dajmin :I don't consider a single, narrow ramp with no friction a proper device for creating a stunt track. If it was at least wide enough for a car then that'd be a step in the right direction. Banked corner pieces, a half pipe and a loop-de-loop might be a bit closer to the mark That old VGA screenshot of pre-alpha LFS had some of that, I assume used to test the physics engine.

ramps not wide enough for cars?? wtf. i guess stunt tracks are good

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG