The online racing simulator
No new tires for next race
(19 posts, started )
#1 - Joris
How about a server option to keep the tires (and maybe even damage) for the next race.

The option to pit for new ones (and repair) after finishing could remain but this would just give up the grid position that is gained by the result of the previous race.

It's such a waste to throw away a set of tires after just 5 laps.
that would be pretty cool actually rally stages!
This would be pretty interesting with leagues like iTCC.

Me likes.
So to allow people to only use say, 4 or 5 sets over the course of a practise, qualifying and then race? I see
I think this could really shake up some racing series'. It could make some pickup races. Could also be good to even things out for drivers who are dominating pickup servers.
But this has to wait - proper damage first!

We have tyre heat more or less working.
Tyre wear is implemented but has a strange effect (better cooling).
I suspect that tyre damage modelling is what we are missing to get there (damage other than flatspots, due to kerb riding / excessive heat affecting tyre surface and structure).
After this is in it would be a great addition to keep tyres / damage to the car / setup from race to race, according to server enforced / insim enforced rules.
so... +1 but not in the current status of LFS damage model.
#7 - J@tko
Quote from PMD9409 :This would be pretty interesting with leagues like iTCC.

Me likes.

Noooooooooooooooo
This is something i have been looking for a big YES for this one. But then it need to be set by admin:

/keepdam=yes
Or something like that
I see this as a great addition to LFS leage races could even do like a limitation of tyre sets during race day.
It would be like nor more then 4 tyre sets per race but more then 1.

So this actualy gets thee biggest yes I have personaly ever given a suggestion
Could even make it an automatic system based on LFS' UTC clock.

If the server opts in to the system, players are given access to (for example) 4 tyre sets. They can switch between these sets freely, but all of them retain the level of wear from when they were removed. Obviously tyres not being used cool down as normal.
Tyre wear could be repaired/reset every 24 hours or so.

Could be sweet for realism and adding another level of strategy to league races.
Quote from Mille Sabords :
Tyre wear is implemented but has a strange effect (better cooling).

If you're referring to the fact that worn tires are harder to keep warm then this is actually realistic. Tire heat is generated mostly by the rubber flexing, so if there is less rubber to flex then less heat is going to be generated. If you meant something else (and already know this) then whoops.
I do know about that, but a worn out tyre should offer less grip than a new one.
The grip seems no different and cooling is better on thin tyres, so it seems to early to implement this system with the current model.
With this system a short race could be run on thin and old R1 set instead of new R2s with better results regarding both grip and temperature control.
great idea!
Great idea ! This would add a twist to pickup racing, and to league racing.
#15 - Zay
nice idea.i love it!
Great idea,
I am only not sure or it would be working like we want too
How do you want to set it up?
Is every server having his own setup?
How is it going with tyre temp. if you finnish the race the next race they are cold again but then are just used.
or will the tyres hold the temp.

In other words good idea good theory, but i am not going to see it working as we like.

remember that a tyre in lfs only can hold 50~80min racing. so when you it doesnt care or you cool them down they will just blow.
Quote from hotmail :Great idea,
I am only not sure or it would be working like we want too
How do you want to set it up?
Is every server having his own setup?
How is it going with tyre temp. if you finnish the race the next race they are cold again but then are just used.
or will the tyres hold the temp.

I agree there is a lot of room for finetuning within this concept. I would say the tires should lose some temperature before the next start.
+1 I like the idea.

So for GTR and formulas will be nice an option to go out to track from boxes with used tires, and with a determinated temperature. And for small cars with no option, only cold tires (more cold than now)
Yeah!!! +1

This option would be like "checkpointed". And I also say about no repairing also. This option is altough maybe the most one what LFS would need, because there, a skill is very high priority and when you crash, it is actually game over perhaps. Keeping a cars as same like from BL2R to FE5R would be awesome, altough it doesn't sound realistical, but there could be a rules that Cars are not allowed to repair / modified in at all.

I really want this.

AND PEOPLE! I AM VERY SORRY I MADE THIS STUPID BUMP BUT I WAS MAKING A ONE THEN I GOT THIS AND I TYPE THEN HERE!!!!!!! Sorry for caps but I haz a flame suit on
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG