The online racing simulator
Blur
(57 posts, started )
Blur
The creators of the PGR series a MSR are now creating a new game... called blur. Now it is in the line up of racing games with weird names. (Shift, fuel, Dirt etc.) But they have taken the PGR formula and remixed it a little. First, it is on the PS3 (yippe!) and PC, and it is more arcadey that ever.

Now you can get weapons (not including guns) to use on opponents. How that will work online, I'll never know, but they might be able to pull it off.

Here is an early preview of the game. Here you can see real cars and a modified BMW M3:
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/984/984394p1.html

So can Bizarre creation's new game pull of a racing game Genre that can cross between a street racer and Mario kart in a very neat package, or just leave PGR fans with broken hearts?
I already like it because it has 4 player split screen multiplayer, which is something I really miss. I like the idea of social networking menus, and the ability to create groups with custom rule sets. We could make a group for LFS, but I doubt anyone would agree on a set of rules to use. I'm looking forward to this game, hopefully it will be a big hit.
midnight club arcade? oh well, it looks like fun!
"Blur" ... Maybe it means speed. Unbelieveable speed with huge motion blur

Anyways, waiting - seems like worth to try.
"Confidence is a preference to the habitual voyeur of what is known as...

PARK LIFE!"
Looks pretty good. I wish I had a decent PC .
#7 - 5haz
Quote from Crashgate3 :"Confidence is a preference to the habitual voyeur of what is known as...

PARK LIFE!"

Thats what I was thinking too.
#8 - G!NhO
I think this game will just be NFS, with one big blob of blur.
Quote from Crashgate3 :"Confidence is a preference to the habitual voyeur of what is known as...

PARK LIFE!"

lmao.

OT: pgr was and still is Rubbish.

Forza is the best till they stuff that too.

And yes,

They will.
Someone made a nice comment there:

"Wow i personally find this game an embaresment to racing games
*returns to nfs*"

Edit: :doh:
Quote from 510N3D :"Wow i personally find this game an embaresment to racing games
*returns to nfs*"

Cars with weapons and stuff, reminds me of carmageddon!
Oh no, BC have really f'ed this game up:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-09-blur/54661

This has taken a huge step back from PGR. The physics are super arcadey, the graphics have gone back to last gen levels, and don't get me started on the cars.

At the time GT5, Forza 3, DiRT 2 and NFS SHIFT are coming out, Bizarre Creations couldn't have picked a worse time. Looks like a miss here.
It seems like an odd move by Bizarre, if you ask me.

I like the PGR series, and it's always sold well. It's always been super-arcadey, but it was fun. Jack Black played it, and yes he would kick your ass if you joined a game with him. But this looks like they're just copying Midnight Club LA in all but name, but without the visual quality.

I'll wait for a demo before I write it off entirely, but it's definitely not sold me this far.
Lives in a house a very big house in the countryyyyy.
Watchin afternoon repeats and the food he eats in the countrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyy!
im getting sick of these new driving game names...
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Oh no, BC have really f'ed this game up:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-09-blur/54661

This has taken a huge step back from PGR. The physics are super arcadey, the graphics have gone back to last gen levels, and don't get me started on the cars.

At the time GT5, Forza 3, DiRT 2 and NFS SHIFT are coming out, Bizarre Creations couldn't have picked a worse time. Looks like a miss here.

LOL! It really, really does remind me of NFS Underground and NFS Underground 2 in almost everything, combined with Nascar Rumble for the PSX because of the things you pick in the track that make strange effects around the car and so on
Quote :im getting sick of these new driving game names...

I came up with a few more...

WHeEL

SKiD

DoNUT

TARMaC

WiPER

PaRK

iNDICATE

TyRE

SiCK

PARK LIFE!"

Thought the very same
Quote from batteryy :im getting sick of these new driving game names...

I know. 4 used for racing games. SHIFT, Blur, DiRT, GRID. If I chose a name for a racing game that was a next gen Underground 2, I would call it RICE, and for a GT5 rivalling game, I would calll it REAL.
#22 - 5haz
Its clever marketing, a bold one word title is going to catch the attention of the average Dagenham Dave more than a lengthier one. Of course you beings of higher intelligence may feel insulted, just try to grin and bear it.
Quote from 5haz :Its clever marketing, a bold one word title is going to catch the attention of the average Dagenham Dave more than a lengthier one. Of course you beings of higher intelligence may feel insulted, just try to grin and bear it.

buuuuuump...

New trailer:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/under-the-blur/61366

At the beginning, there is a Supra with aftermarket body mods so there is going to be car customisation. They have fixed the reflections since the last time they previewed the game, but they are likely to be renders, so don't be so sure on that. Looks like fun for anyone interested in a next-gen arcade racer.

Blur
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG