The online racing simulator
oh, thx
Now you have to thank him for breaking the rules and driving the whole race.
First I want to say sorry to those who I crashed after the safety car had returned into pit.

The first race was great for us.. I startet at p8 and with a lot of luck I was after the first corner on P2 . Then on P4 - they stopped the race.

The second start I thought, I could make it same like the first race, and can overtake on the outside , but unfortunally I hit a car and caused a crash , so we were on p21. I dont have any replay, but I'm very anxious to see it.

After this, the race wasnt without big incidents for us, and we ended on p9 .
Quote from michi119 :I dont have any replay, but I'm very anxious to see it. .

Look 4 posts above..
oh yeah thx
Does anyone has the first replay ? before the servercrash ?
Does anyone have a qual replay, please? :P
Thanks Ivan.

It was a really good race for EER. Good start & no crashes. #Low-racing was a little bit faster than us but it is okey because they are proffessionals. Congratz all who finished. :P

Edit :

13. Force Majeure
1. A state of force majeure is in effect when the primary race server’s connection crashes and the
race must be restarted.
2. In cases of force majeure, the race will move to the designated backup server and be restarted. An
interrupted race will be restarted with the time remaining rounded to the nearest hour. If 15 minutes
of a race are completed before the server crash, the race will be restarted with 3 hours remaining. If
30 minutes or more of a given race hour are completed, that hour will be counted as completed--i.e.,
a race in which the server crashes at 1:30 or 1:31 will be restarted with 1 hour to go, whereas 1:29
would mean 2 hours to go. The grid for a restarted race will be set using tracker data. Furthermore,
all GTAL admins and marshals will have auto-save enabled as a backup.

Admins, you failed @ this point of rules.
Quote from VTiRacing :Admins, you failed @ this point of rules.

Server lost connection to master server at lap 11 (or even earlier). I was posting on 18:21 that we are unable to get back to the server. So it was before 30 minutes mark. And since we should restart from 3h mark, i don't see where admins failed.

But there was one problematic point in this race. There was not enough slots on the server! I was trying to get in for 3 laps until i got to the server. With all drivers and admins there were only 5-6 slots for switching drivers. That is not enough. Hopefully this can be fixed next time, since we were near ruining our race (i managed to get into the server where we had no fuel for another lap).

In general it was pretty tough race for us. We we fighting around 15 place for most of the race, but tire lost 3 laps before finish caused 4 places lost, so we are not particularly happy with the result. Hopefully next round will be better for us.
I think we didn't fail. We didn't restartet the race. We startet the race completly new.

The Problem was found about 10 minutes after start of the race. We tryed to fix the masterserver connection, but this was impossible without a server reboot and so we decided 10 mins later to start the race completly new.

Some racers would change drivers but couldn't this do, as result of this problem. We have decided to start the race completly new, to give all teams a fair chance.

Don't flame me now with posts like "but the other teams *whine*". Is completly wayne to me. We would avoid that the result will be forged by server problems, at point of restart the race, this was already the case for some teams.

I hope you guys will understand this.

Edit:
Quote :I interpret that as: if the race is restarted with more than 30 mins completed, you start with the tracker-data grid. If you complete less than that, you do a full restart.

Well, right.
Server reboot was only option since none of the switching drivers could not probably get into server. We got DSC early in the race and none of our drivers could get back into server. So it the race would go on there would be massive problem around 1h mark (when teams would like to change drivers).

Good decision by admins!
Whats up with everyone this week, picking on every decision we made.. The restart was the only choice, and as the connection got cut before the 30 minutes mark we had to restart.
Quote from Victor :
Hello,

There was a bug in the master (not related to yesterday's crash though) that caused hosts with more than 24 players on them not to reconnect successfully after a master restart, which was the reason why your host did not reappear immediately after the master restarted.
This has now been fixed so it will not happen anymore.

I hope it did not cause too much inconvenience,

Victor

Quote from GabbO :Whats up with everyone this week, picking on every decision we made.. The restart was the only choice, and as the connection got cut before the 30 minutes mark we had to restart.

No matter what you do, there will be complaints. As long as you always justify the decisions you've made, you know that you're right. If people are still complaining, instead of being upset, just explain politely your decision again and again until they understand. Or, take their arguments into consideration and make changes to your league.
Quote from VTiRacing :i.e.,
a race in which the server crashes at 1:30 or 1:31 will be restarted with 1 hour to go, whereas 1:29
would mean 2 hours to go. The grid for a restarted race will be set using tracker data. Furthermore,
all GTAL admins and marshals will have auto-save enabled as a backup.

Admins, you failed @ this point of rules.

no we did not fail, this is an example for a POSSIBLE EVENT!
the race was stopped at 24 minutes and a few seconds, so we had to clear the tracker data because the FULL 3H race will be restarted. we talked about the tracker option and we saw no sense to use it for grid ordering.
fruthermore team 32 had connection problems early in the race and they had no chance to get on the server. so it would have been unfair if they race with 15 laps penalty. additionally some teams wanted to make a driver change in the first 15 minutes.
The only part of fail here was the effing long it took to stop the race. You should do it immediately when problems are discovered.
There was a chance to reestablish the connection, so we tried to save it. But see my post above, it was impossible due to a bug
Quote :13. Force Majeure
1. A state of force majeure is in effect when the primary race server’s connection crashes and the
race must be restarted.

I do not recall a command to re-establish the master server connection. Neither do I recall an incident where this has happened without a restart (probably due to Scawen's 24-obsession :P). As there is no quarantee of anything You, the admin team deliberately decided with that call to make it impossible to do driver changes and thus effectively making the situation unequal for everyone. To me that's just pure idiotism and an apology by the admins would be appropriate. There's nothing you can do with server crashes, but you must halt everything when that occurs. Period.
Timo, at the time there was communication between Victor and the race management to try and fix the issue... When it couldn't be fixed, they immediately stopped the race. Please, don't complain if you don't know the facts...

My only real complaint is the low amount of slots in the server, was quite panicky in our first driver change, Felix took the whole inlap to get on the server since it was full! So please, can we have a server with more capacity next race?
Quote from Gil07 :
My only real complaint is the low amount of slots in the server, was quite panicky in our first driver change, Felix took the whole inlap to get on the server since it was full! So please, can we have a server with more capacity next race?

It was our problem too, server was full. Please, next time server with more slots.
Gil: You cannot be serious?
Quote from hyntty :I do not recall a command to re-establish the master server connection. Neither do I recall an incident where this has happened without a restart (probably due to Scawen's 24-obsession :P). As there is no quarantee of anything You, the admin team deliberately decided with that call to make it impossible to do driver changes and thus effectively making the situation unequal for everyone. To me that's just pure idiotism and an apology by the admins would be appropriate. There's nothing you can do with server crashes, but you must halt everything when that occurs. Period.

Most of the time, I'm a stickler for rules and expect high standards, but this is a new league. The admins are learning. As you know well, what with being in the event organising team of NDR, it's a bloody tough challenge. We've all made admin mistakes in the past and you know full-well that being called an idiot (or implying that is the case) does not help at all. If anything, it is a big demotivator and helps nothing. The fact is, in the end the race was restarted. Lessons have been learnt. Can't we leave it at that?
That's not the point. I understand mistakes happen quite often. Here I'm just not getting a sensible reply where someone would state that there was no point in waiting the extra 15 minutes. The damage was already done. The result is far more important, but in the future this mistake should be avoided. If someone would be kind enough to explain why the **** I am so wrong here I'd be grateful.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG