The online racing simulator
#1 - GabbO
Round 2 Post Race Discussion
Please post your thoughts here

PS: #32, serious problems? We have waited for you 2 mins...
Remote is gone.
Indeed.
#4 - GabbO
Race stopped, server problems
Just move the race to another day, some ppl must leave server due own stuff, Server crashed and now some of them must retire
#6 - GabbO
Figure out with the teammates, its an endurance race afterall
My stint is over.

I've really enjoyed today's race so far. We've had battles and some incidents but it's all part of the adrenaline rush. I was ready to make a pass on Timo but instead, I hit his dirty air and crashed at the chicane causing massive damage. Despite this mishap, I expect us to finish in around 15th-16th place. Which is pretty good, for us!

Gotta say, a good job has been done by the admins so far. It's not an easy job and things will improve with time.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :My stint is over.

I've really enjoyed today's race so far. We've had battles and some incidents but it's all part of the adrenaline rush. I was ready to make a pass on Timo but instead, I hit his dirty air and crashed at the chicane causing massive damage. Despite this mishap, I expect us to finish in around 15th-16th place. Which is pretty good, for us!

ROLF! You were no where near me that time... What an excuse I laughed my ass off when I saw you spinning in mah mirror.

Anyway, everything hasn't been so smooth with us, minor engine damage and minor mistakes. A steady 14-15 place or so which I've left for Yann. As Passo wouldn't know since he has probably blocked me in facebook, I spent the last week working in Espoo doing an 84 hour work week so not much practice. Still I'm disappointed in my pace Bah.
Quote from hyntty :ROLF! You were no where near me that time... What an excuse I laughed my ass off when I saw you spinning in mah mirror.

Anyway, everything hasn't been so smooth with us, minor engine damage and minor mistakes. A steady 14-15 place or so which I've left for Yann. As Passo wouldn't know since he has probably blocked me in facebook, I spent the last week working in Espoo doing an 84 hour work week so not much practice. Still I'm disappointed in my pace Bah.

It felt like I was near you! The gravitational pull of the FXR is epic, because of its extreme fatness.

Also, I just accepted you on Facebook
IIRC I befriended you like 2 months ago? Were you just laek "Who the fook is thath dood" till now?

Anyway back to the point, we might end up 19th with this pace. Hmmph.
33 K.Gasiunas : You got nothin
33 K.Gasiunas : miintt

Good race, even tough we didn't got the place we wanted due to some unnecessary glitches (P10).
Permission to say cock.

A puncture on the last lap just after the pit entry. Lost to Passo by tenths of seconds.
Well I totally buggered up my stint
Someone decided to take Route 1 through the chicane tyres, so I tried to capitalise on the gap. And then the tyres respawned right infront of me

Ah well, better luck for R3
#15 - Dmt
Three crashes and from last place to third place, im happy..

Race replay
bad first stint for us because of thatbstrange start...i don't think it's quite normal that someone starting 7th is fighting for 2nd place in the first turn...but it's the rules...i was involved in a crash, don't have seen somebody in my mirror, sorry for that :s and thanks to everyone which were fair play and with whom i had nice fight.
Quote from Dmt :Three crashes and from last place to third place, im happy..

Race replay

Isn't you DQed?

Anyway, good race, except pesky binds instead of tyre temp caused me Stop and Go
Quote from Dmt :Three crashes and from last place to third place, im happy..

Race replay

I'm afraid you were disqualified

You drove 100% of the race distance; you're only supposed to drive 75% of it.
#19 - Dmt
Forgot to add, theoretical third place.
I wrote this now, so I don't forget what happened. Amazing finish

Also written on our forums.

Our race was interesting and enjoyable. It was decided that James would take the first and last stints. At the initial start, James had a good chance of getting into the top 10. But because of the failure of the Master Server, the race was restarted. Unfortunately he spun on lap 1 and dropped to 24th place. Not to worry, we had plenty of time. As he got to the first pitstop, he was in the top 10, but around 14th on on the track (I can't remember). Anyway, he pitted and I took over. I was driving slower than usual because I was so nervous. I was passed once, but was pretty happy. I was catching Timo at a fast rate but on the lap I would have passed him, I spun and caused big damage to my car. This was where the race started to go a little bit wrong.

Because of the damage, I needed to pit. But to make sure that james could make it to the end, I drove a couple more laps on the broken car. Unfortunately, we forgot about the 75% rule, assuming that we had already met the target. You're not allowed to drive for more than 2:15 in this league, which is 75% distance. I had driven for around 41 minutes which meant that when James finished, he would have driven 3 or 4 too many minutes and we would have been disqualified. We decided that James should pit with 7 mins to go, just to be sure. In the laps leading up to the pit stop, he was blocked by a back marker and we lost around 5 seconds over several laps. Once the stop was made and I was back in the car, the craziest last laps of my LFS career took place. I was passed by a few people as I exited the pits and was 17th place. As I came through turn 2, a car which was a lap down decided that this would be a good point to pass me. Only after he had passed me did I realise that he was a lap down. At the same time, I was being lapped and going through turn 4, the car lapping me made contact and pushed me into the gravel. This was frustrating mainly because this allowed the other XRR to pass us and meant one of my targets would be lost. However, there were some happy moments to come. With 2 laps to go, I was fighting with an FZR and swapping positions with him. On the final lap of the race, it looks like he realised he didn't have enough fuel, and started to slow. I initially hit him up the rear because he was travelling so slowly. It was after I passed him that James noticed that Laprovotte was very slow ahead of me, and that I had made 10 seconds on him in a single lap. Coming into the final corner, he was very wide and I stuck my car into the gap, getting totally sideways on tyres that wouldn't last another lap because they were freezing cold. Amazingly, I got alongside and used the XRR's grunt to beat him by half a second. This was an amazing end to the race! It turns out that Laprovotte had had a puncture and was struggling. He was very unlucky to be caught by us where he did, because he was having a hard time turning left and that final corner is a very tricky left-hander.

So, we got 15th place. BUT, 3rd place was disqualifed and 1st place was the guest car of #low so we ended up 13th. This is a 5 place improvement on our previous race. Coming into Fern Bay, we are extremely confident of another top 15 finish. And, who knows, maybe even better.....

Big wall of text is big.
Quote from TexasLTU :
Anyway, good race, except pesky binds instead of tyre temp caused me Stop and Go

aah.. thats why you didnt get the top 10, i had go to sleep, way too tired But FREAKIN GREAT JOB overall.

mp3 - Nice review
Yea, great review.
Question: Does somebody have a replay from the start?
Admins should have
Ooh yes. Waiting for the replay from entire race
One word - disaster. Firstival, i was driving really bad(dunno why and how), secondly setup of the car was rubbish: our fxr's tires chilled out after few laps, so it was no comfortable to drive anymore, just fight with a car. I'm very sorry for my teammate, i left him car crashed and in awful position. He had 2 hours to drive without intresting. Hope that in another race I will drive successfully. That's all.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG