The online racing simulator
Spanish GP to be spectatorless?
(55 posts, started )
Quote from S14 DRIFT ::jawdrop:

I couldn't find the longer replay they showed, but you saw massive chunks of rubbers flying off the rear tyre then it just spat him off. On the subject of slightly boring MotoGP these days, you only need to look at the stupid rule changes. Going to an 800cc engine was a huge mistake, the riders didn't like it, the fans didn't like it and the teams didn't like it. Now they need to carry so much corner speed to be fast that the passing has reduced, and the tyres don't help either. Jerez was the first race this year that was actually quite good, but if you want great racing just look at last years Laguna Seca race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfPM77TsGaA
Quote from trebor901 :Spanish GP could be F1's first ever spectatorless event because the event organisers are considering banning all spectators because of swine flu.

LOL

That's completely false, and stupid BTW
Quote from amp88 :OK, the overwhelmingly vast majority of Spaniards are only interested in F1 because of Alonso. The British, Italian, French, German, Japanese etc have all been very interested in F1 even when they had no drivers from their own countries doing well in the sport. That isn't true of Spaniards.

The pressence of a winner driver caused the fan base to increase a lot. Yes, taht's something that happens everywhere, in every sport.

We have an F1 fan base in Spain, we've been hosting the GPs since pre-F1 1913, so, don't try to say we like F1 just because Alonso. :rolleyes:

Quote from amp88 :So it's going to return to what it was like before Alonso was driving in F1 then? Spaniards never cared about F1 until their boy wonder came on the scene then they went crazy. Won't make any difference to me if they run without spectators...might actually help Lewis Hamilton if there's no racist abuse being thrown at him...

Man, you are obsessed with racism. Please, don't project some obsessions to others, specially a whole country
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I couldn't find the longer replay they showed, but you saw massive chunks of rubbers flying off the rear tyre then it just spat him off. On the subject of slightly boring MotoGP these days, you only need to look at the stupid rule changes. Going to an 800cc engine was a huge mistake, the riders didn't like it, the fans didn't like it and the teams didn't like it. Now they need to carry so much corner speed to be fast that the passing has reduced, and the tyres don't help either. Jerez was the first race this year that was actually quite good, but if you want great racing just look at last years Laguna Seca race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfPM77TsGaA

Yup I remember the Laguna Seca race.. Put it this way. If I watch F1 on TV I genuinely get tired. The only race to not make me fall asleep was Interlagos 2008. I've yet to fall asleep watching either the Moto GP or any of the BSB or WSB.. unless I stay up all night.

As for stupid rule changes, well.. *cough FIA cough Bernie*

Then again I'm much more into bikes than I am into cars, so I guess it's even.
as for last years Laguna race...did you know that Rossi had been practicing overtaking on the corkscrew, on the sand, on practice sessions? Truly amazing!!

Spanish GP to be spectatorless?
(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG