The online racing simulator
Spanish GP to be spectatorless?
(55 posts, started )
Quote from 5haz :Well, Spanish fans have got themselves a reputation now that will be very, very hard to shake off, and it's a reputation they probrably don't deserve, shows how a small band of idiots can ruin it for the masses.

You are SO right
F1 is not as popular in Spain because they love motorbikes, you only needed to watch the MotoGP this weekend and see the sellout crowd to know that. Alonso brought some new fans to F1, the ones that grew to like the sport will stay when Alonso retires, the others won't be missed by anyone other than the circuit owners.

As for the racism, I think it was blown out of proportion, they were being racist because they knew it would be extremely offensive and potentially distracting to Hamilton. They disliked Hamilton because of the Spanish media turning him into a hate figure, which is the same reason some people from the UK dislike Alonso, the British press gave him a hard time. It was only a few people anyway, it's not like the racism Spanish football fans are known for which is much more wide spread, although that is decreasing now too.
Quote from BurnOut69 :You are an ignorant idiot

What are the attendance figures for Spanish grands prix (hosted at Jerez and Barcelona) before Alonso joined F1? What are they after Alonso joined F1?

I think you thought I suggested all Spanish fans are racist. This is not what I said and it would, of course, be totally wrong. What I said was that without any fans there would be no racism, and this is correct. If 1% of the fans are racist and you ban all of them there will be no racism. It's logical.
Quote from amp88 :If 1% of the fans are racist and you ban all of them there will be no racism. It's logical.

What's even more logical is to ban only that 1%.
Quote from amp88 :What are the attendance figures for Spanish grands prix (hosted at Jerez and Barcelona) before Alonso joined F1? What are they after Alonso joined F1?

I think you thought I suggested all Spanish fans are racist. This is not what I said and it would, of course, be totally wrong. What I said was that without any fans there would be no racism, and this is correct. If 1% of the fans are racist and you ban all of them there will be no racism. It's logical.

In your previous post you said spaniards didnt care about F1 before Alonso which is also totally wrong, since if you say it that way, you mean ALL spaniards joined the Alonso wagon - not true.

About racism...there are idiots everywhere, and that includes Spain, sadly.

Sorry for the 'idiot' thing btw.
Quote from Kalev EST :What's even more logical is to ban only that 1%.

Yes, obviously this is the correct thing to do. When I mentioned banning them all above I meant for the swine flu, not because I think you should ban everyone to catch the 1% who are racist.

Quote from BurnOut69 :In your previous post you said spaniards didnt care about F1 before Alonso which is also totally wrong, since if you say it that way, you mean ALL spaniards joined the Alonso wagon - not true.

OK, the overwhelmingly vast majority of Spaniards are only interested in F1 because of Alonso. The British, Italian, French, German, Japanese etc have all been very interested in F1 even when they had no drivers from their own countries doing well in the sport. That isn't true of Spaniards.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :F1 is not as popular in Spain because they love motorbikes, you only needed to watch the MotoGP this weekend and see the sellout crowd to know that.

Yes, t'was epic.
#33 - 5haz
Bike racing is one of the last remaining forms of motorsport which is seriously dangerous, I'm not saying any motor sport is 100% safe, but I think that's part of what makes it so awesome.
It's very rare someone gets seriously injured from a motorcycle accident in a championship or even on a trackday.
i dont know why the crowds were sell out, the racing in Moto GP isnt really that good
Quote from trebor901 :i dont know why the crowds were sell out, the racing in Moto GP isnt really that good

Stfu mongtard.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :It's very rare someone gets seriously injured from a motorcycle accident in a championship or even on a trackday.

I've been to 17 trackdays so far since 4 July, 2008, and I've seen someone get airlifted twice. Many others have broken bones. I smashed up my shoulder quite a bit last October when I slipped on some oil on the track. Although it healed itself without any medical attention, it took about a month before it didn't hurt constantly, and at least a few more after that before I could do stuff like throw a ball.
Well, glad you hear you made a full recovery. Only time I can recall someone dying in the last few years was poor Craig Jones (RIP!). Most crashes I see are just the sort of get up and walk/limp/hop/roll away sort of thing.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Well, glad you hear you made a full recovery. Only time I can recall someone dying in the last few years was poor Craig Jones (RIP!). Most crashes I see are just the sort of get up and walk/limp/hop/roll away sort of thing.

Daijiro Kato was killed in Suzuka 2003 or 2004.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Well, glad you hear you made a full recovery. Only time I can recall someone dying in the last few years was poor Craig Jones (RIP!). Most crashes I see are just the sort of get up and walk/limp/hop/roll away sort of thing.

There have been quite a few fatal or very serious crashes in the last year, you don't see many in MotoGP because they race on circuits with large run off areas. As you know you can come off a bike at very high speeds and survive without injury if you are lucky and have the right protective gear on. You only need to watch the 2004 MotoGP at Mugello and see Nakano escape without serious injuries from a 200mph tyre failure to know that, you might not remember it because the fight at the front was amazing. But I found a video of it...

http://videos.streetfire.net/v ... nakano-crashes_190180.htm
Quote from trebor901 :i dont know why the crowds were sell out, the racing in Moto GP isnt really that good

Thats becuase you dont even watch it, its far surpiror to F1, its just the technical side is far less intresting.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :There have been quite a few fatal or very serious crashes in the last year, you don't see many in MotoGP because they race on circuits with large run off areas. As you know you can come off a bike at very high speeds and survive without injury if you are lucky and have the right protective gear on. You only need to watch the 2004 MotoGP at Mugello and see Nakano escape without serious injuries from a 200mph tyre failure to know that, you might not remember it because the fight at the front was amazing. But I found a video of it...

http://videos.streetfire.net/v ... nakano-crashes_190180.htm

:jawdrop:
#44 - 5haz
Indeed I've seen a fair few scary ones in the last few years, like WSBK at Brands one year where Chili dropped it on the entry to Graham Hill bend and slid all the way up the hill on the outside.
Quote from Mustafur :Thats becuase you dont even watch it, its far surpiror to F1, its just the technical side is far less intresting.

i do watch it, and after about lap 5 of all 3 races so far it has been more spread out than it ever has. Boring.
Quote from trebor901 :Spanish GP could be F1's first ever spectatorless event because the event organisers are considering banning all spectators because of swine flu.

I don't ****ing care!

Spectatorless or not, F1 is F1. Period.
Just watched the 250GP race at Jerez last night. What an awesome race!
Quote from trebor901 :i do watch it, and after about lap 5 of all 3 races so far it has been more spread out than it ever has. Boring.

Yep this man is right. The racing so far this year has been extremely dull. I don't know why MotoGP fans get so up tight about it because it has been rubbish.

It's been happening for a while now. Gone arer the days of Rossi Vs Gibenau or Rossi Vs Biaggi. OK MotoGP WILL provide some great races this year just like last but it certainly has lost some spark. For whatever reason it just has.
Yep, 250 and 125 are where all the real action is. For some time now MotoGP itself is only punctuated by occasional brilliant moments, not filled with them. Worth watching for those moments though. The 3 races as a package are unmissable imo, but MotoGP itself is rarely the highlight.
Quote from 5haz :Bike racing is one of the last remaining forms of motorsport which is seriously dangerous, I'm not saying any motor sport is 100% safe, but I think that's part of what makes it so awesome.

I couldn't help to not remind Joey Dunlop's death from 2000 in Tallinn, I was standing ca 300m away when he had his fatal crash.

track desc
Quote :In a sense it's a bit like a TT circuit.The circuit is public roads most of the year and some parts of it are city streets with houses on both sides.
Overall the circuit is fast with plenty sweeping turns.The approach to the bridge in the south part of the track is quite an exciting sweeping blind downhill with a 8 percent gradient.
The bad part is undoubtably the safety.The embankments and the pine forest are a part of a nature reserve so you can't really deal with them.

leaving all that aside, he crashed, coming onto the straight from a really fast and slight S-turn, spun out and into the trees he went. Died instantly.
and he was on a 125 cc, equipping an intermediate tire at the back in epic downpour.

/OT.

Spanish GP to be spectatorless?
(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG