The online racing simulator
Spanish GP to be spectatorless?
(55 posts, started )
Spanish GP could be F1's first ever spectatorless event because the event organisers are considering banning all spectators because of swine flu.
#2 - Bean0
I think you're telling porkies.

Got any (apple) source ?
#4 - J@tko
Quote from Bean0 :I think you're telling porkies.

Got any (apple) source ?

Best swine-flu related joke so far
First ever spectator-less GP? Since when Bahrain has had spectators?
Quote from deggis :First ever spectator-less GP? Since when Bahrain has had spectators?

Scorpions and grains of sand have always enjoyed F1.

Got any (apple) source ?

Irn-Bru is now dripping from my monitor.....luckily I have a new one on order.
#8 - amp88
So it's going to return to what it was like before Alonso was driving in F1 then? Spaniards never cared about F1 until their boy wonder came on the scene then they went crazy. Won't make any difference to me if they run without spectators...might actually help Lewis Hamilton if there's no racist abuse being thrown at him...
Quote from amp88 : if they run without spectators...might actually help Lewis Hamilton if there's no racist abuse being thrown at him...

ya, because most drivers look at the spectators instead of the road when they are driving 300 km/h....
Quote from evilgeek :ya, because most drivers look at the spectators instead of the road when they are driving 300 km/h....

Drivers and everyone in the pitlane can see barriers erected in the grandstand and hear spectators shouting. There's also plenty of time when drivers aren't in a car during an F1 weekend.

Got any (apple) source ?

:doh: Hahaha.. classic..
Just cancel the whole thing, the track is awful and produces boring racing every single year, the risk of being killed by Swine Flu might increase spectator numbers because it's something to get excited about.
knowing webbers luck he'll be leading the race by 2 mins with 1 lap to go when he gets killed by the flu

also if you cant spell, isnt swine flu the posh past tense of flying pigs ?
Pigs arse!
Quote from amp88 :Drivers and everyone in the pitlane can see barriers erected in the grandstand and hear spectators shouting. There's also plenty of time when drivers aren't in a car during an F1 weekend.

ok, so by your logic no football team should ever be able to win unless they are playing at home. either that, or you are saying that everyone in F1 are big babies with thin skins and no mental focus, which is pretty pathetic if it's true.

if I was Hamilton and had a problem with what the Spanish thought of me, i'd run around with a placard of my own that read, "Shut up Spaniards, I'm actually whiter than most of you are!"
It helps to actually see the excitement of the crowd, to know you're making them excited and happy. Yes, you know there are people back home watching but actually seeing the spectators face-to-face cannot be matched.
Quote from evilgeek :ok, so by your logic no football team should ever be able to win unless they are playing at home. either that, or you are saying that everyone in F1 are big babies with thin skins and no mental focus, which is pretty pathetic if it's true.

So you're saying racism against F1 drivers is OK because they're thick skinned? There's a massive difference between critics saying you're slow in the car and people being racist against you just for your skin colour. I'm shocked you would actually think racism is OK...

If I was Lewis Hamilton and I saw spectators being blatantly racist without the organisers doing anything about it I would be furious. They should be ejected from the circuit ASAP and banned for life.
Well, there were rumors of Spanish GP being cancelled and withdrawn from the F1 callendar if the racism continued. But it was just left at that

Also, Hamilton has stated before that yes he does dislike it and it makes him feel uncomfortable ect. But when he is in his car and out there racing, it doesnt bother him a bit.

However, this doesnt mean the Spanish can throw stuff and shout "n..." at him....

For God's sake he isnt even that black, it looks like a really deep sun tan to be honest. :/ Dont see how people can dislike a person just because he is different skin colour.
Quote from DevilDare :Dont see how people can dislike a person just because he is different skin colour.

Welcome to the world.
Quote from amp88 :So you're saying racism against F1 drivers is OK because they're thick skinned? There's a massive difference between critics saying you're slow in the car and people being racist against you just for your skin colour. I'm shocked you would actually think racism is OK...

If I was Lewis Hamilton and I saw spectators being blatantly racist without the organisers doing anything about it I would be furious. They should be ejected from the circuit ASAP and banned for life.

i don't think racism is ok, but i do think people are making way too big a deal out of it. lighten up.
Black skin (well its not really ) is not why the Spaniards hate Loowis its because he didn't bow down and pledge servitude to Fernando .

And good on him , or maybe the nasty taunts were actually for his father and you cant blame them for that.
I seriously doubt Spaniards hate him because his black. They hate him for the stuff that happened while Alonso and Hamilton were together in Mclaren. And when someone really wants to insult someone, they use words that really get to that someone.
Hmmm yeah I think its more to do with Alonso tbh, he's not black, and when I was in Spain watching the German GP a few years back, he's like the only thing the commentary talked about, and kinda like lewis on itv.
Quote from amp88 :So it's going to return to what it was like before Alonso was driving in F1 then? Spaniards never cared about F1 until their boy wonder came on the scene then they went crazy. Won't make any difference to me if they run without spectators...might actually help Lewis Hamilton if there's no racist abuse being thrown at him...

You are an ignorant idiot
#25 - 5haz
Well, Spanish fans have got themselves a reputation now that will be very, very hard to shake off, and it's a reputation they probrably don't deserve, shows how a small band of idiots can ruin it for the masses.

(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG