The online racing simulator
Quote from Plexus :hi everybody! i made a texture this evening, morning and i think it became beutiful. it has headlights and other cool / funny stuff! plz share it LOL

That looks as if it was made in paint.
Quote from LFS Drifter :Dizzlez, the tanabe is really nice, i see you used Inc's body kit. and SImscube, nice skin i love katamari Damacy !

thankyou, i helped, and smurfen helped, and we cant thank chris enough.

i have an XRG and FZ made now.
seems like somebody likes doing stock car replicas. Nice job.
This is my attempt to put some Gulf/Mitsubishi Starion livery on the XRR.

Front View

Rear View

There are a few issues I need to sort out (the Eibach logo on the right wing tip needs to be moved a bit, for instance), and I'm not sure how well the Cromo logo-inspired curved orange stripe on the side works with the orange stripe on top, but I'm relatively new to this skinning business, and it's good enough for me to race for now.

Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated.
Quote from goran_zg :my skin:

save it as .jpg and with the correct naming form, xrt_blabla.jpg
Quote from lawdog :This is my attempt to put some Gulf/Mitsubishi Starion livery on the XRR.

Front View

Rear View

There are a few issues I need to sort out (the Eibach logo on the right wing tip needs to be moved a bit, for instance), and I'm not sure how well the Cromo logo-inspired curved orange stripe on the side works with the orange stripe on top, but I'm relatively new to this skinning business, and it's good enough for me to race for now.

Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated.

It might be just the compression applied to your sceenie of the CMX viewer but your skin looks pretty low quality. If you're already working in 2048px I suggest searching for higher resolution logos on the internet a bit more.
Suggestion: Both Shinozooka and Cromo are tyre brands, I'd remove the Shinozooka decal.
That's about it I like it though.
Quote from theirishnoob :great base skin, if only my skins where as tidy as that :S

heres a quic and simple skin , edit if you like....

That's a skin? Sorry but it's kinda crappy and should not even be on this board, this is so ugly mate, c'mon spend a bit more time on them
Quote from K.David :It might be just the compression applied to your sceenie of the CMX viewer but your skin looks pretty low quality. If you're already working in 2048px I suggest searching for higher resolution logos on the internet a bit more.
Suggestion: Both Shinozooka and Cromo are tyre brands, I'd remove the Shinozooka decal.
That's about it I like it though.

I think it's the compression on the screenshots mainly--I'm working in 2048x2048 using the Master Skinnerz kit, and the main Gulf logos are from a 1024x768 image. The other, more minor problem would be that when I scale the 2048 PSD to 1024 in the GIMP and then export to JPG the image isn't as crisp (which to some extent is to be expected, of course). I may experiment with exporting in 2048 and then scaling the JPG (although I can't see any reason why that would be better).

Also, Shinozooka is a tire brand? Really? I thought that Cromo, Torro, and the real life Michelin were the only LFS tire brands. Good to know, though. Fortunately, all the decals are separate layers. so they're easily removed.
Quote from lawdog : [...]
Also, Shinozooka is a tire brand? Really? I thought that Cromo, Torro, and the real life Michelin were the only LFS tire brands. Good to know, though. Fortunately, all the decals are separate layers. so they're easily removed.

And Evostar too
Hello everyone.
Just liked to share my first skin, it's very simple but I like it.
It is the famous General Lee.
Attached images
XRT_General_Lee_Preview_front.jpg
XRT_General_Lee_Preview_top.jpg
XRT_General_Lee.jpg
Quote from Dalarna :Hello everyone.
Just liked to share my first skin, it's very simple but I like it.
It is the famous General Lee.

Good skin m8

But its done before
Quote from 88Nightrider :Good skin m8

But its done before

Yea, I know. Just wanted to start with something easy so I could get the hang of it, or atleast have a small view of how you make a skin.
Quote from Riders Motion :That's a skin? Sorry but it's kinda crappy and should not even be on this board, this is so ugly mate, c'mon spend a bit more time on them

you honestly think id release my half decent let alone good skins so the local kids can rip em and /or copy them ?? i think i wont release any more skins
Quote from LFSn00b :great, so you wont harass us with your crappy skins

eh yeah niko , what ever you say :talktohan
Quote from LFSn00b :great, so you wont harass us with your crappy skins

Agreed 10000000000000000000000000%.

Cheers,
Matt.
Quote from theirishnoob :great base skin, if only my skins where as tidy as that :S

heres a quic and simple skin , edit if you like....

A lot would need to be edited in that. I'm no master skinner but I think I can provide you with some advice if you care:
1. Use only "LFS-standard" resolutions, preferrably 2048x2048
2. Get a decent 2048x2048 carbon fibre texture because patching small bits just won't work.
3. Get high resolution decals or at least not so jagged ones.
4. Have a basic shape (stripe/flame/flag/whatever) on the skin to make the blank parts more interesting.
5. The overall outcome reflects your attitude towards the whole thing. Post nice skins and you'll get positive comments and thus be treated nicely

Happy skinning
Quote from K.David :A lot would need to be edited in that. I'm no master skinner but I think I can provide you with some advice if you care:
1. Use only "LFS-standard" resolutions, preferably 2048x2048
2. Get a decent 2048x2048 carbon fiber texture because patching small bits just won't work.
3. Get high resolution decals or at least not so jagged ones.
4. Have a basic shape (stripe/flame/flag/whatever) on the skin to make the blank parts more interesting.
5. The overall outcome reflects your attitude towards the whole thing. Post nice skins and you'll get positive comments and thus be treated nicely

Happy skinning

1) the skin is 2048x2048

2) that is the high qual carbon fiber from master skinners

3) the decals are ripped from brandsoftheworld.com

4) base skins are used so noobs can put there Own deigns

5) my attitude is utmost positive , tho when you get people flaming you your mood tends to change
I originally designed this on Forza Motorsport on the Xbox, on a Nissan S15.

Decided to transfer it over to LFS Bit of a drifters skin, to be fair.
Attached images
XRT_Namco_Syfoon.jpg
My private XRR skin (for my team.. just don't have a name yet :razz
Attached images
SGD_Nexx_XRR.jpg

XR Skins (All)
(7326 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG