The online racing simulator
classic mini
(24 posts, started )
classic mini
hi ill keep it short,
does anyone have any links to custom mini parts like fiberglass shells etc
engine interiors and gauges also does anyone have a link to a lcd dashboard like a momo display? thanks in adavance. the story is im 14 and want to buy a mini and have it as a project until im 18
You can find a lot of stuff at http://www.minisport.com/ for the classic Mini and Bini.

You should prob try getting Mini Magazine too, it's full of ads for all kinds of stuff.
Quote from LineR32 :You can find a lot of stuff at http://www.minisport.com/ for the classic Mini and Bini.

You should prob try getting Mini Magazine too, it's full of ads for all kinds of stuff.

i have bought mini magazine 2 days ago
Also looking for a classic Mini here !

Only I'm less of a project more of a very,very little to no work guy

Just one question from me, slightly related. What are the advantages & disadvantages of an LCD display ? How accurate are they ? How much am I looking at for a slightly decent model ?

Cheers !
personally i think a lcd display looks better and offers more than traditional clocks
in my opinion several gauges give much more information that an lcd display, lcd displays are good if room is tight like in a single seater but for most other situations a set of gauges will be easier to go to and find out much more detail
I will do when I get working on it. Needs a new paintjob and I am going to be doing some work on the body panels anyway. Very pleased with it though, absolutely delighted infact!
i was looking for am ini ages ago but we killed most of ours during the 90's... Banger racing
@gills thanks for the link ill look into that shop later on today
@liner32 looked at that site before im actually going to the shop in a few weeks thnaks anyway

does anyone have any links to some lcd displays i saw one in a book a few days ago but cant remember the name.
Quote from brt900 :personally i think a lcd display looks better and offers more than traditional clocks

Let the ricin' begin !
Quote from Vinnylegends :Let the ricin' begin !

ita not rice i just want my own touch on a mini and i f you think thats rice just wait until the lambo doors
sorry for double post but does anyone know where i could buy a fiberglass shell ive only ever found one on abs motorsport but its 2 grand
That sounds quite cheap!
Quote from brt900 :
does anyone have any links to some lcd displays i saw one in a book a few days ago but cant remember the name.

Loads of companies make LCD displays, Pi, Motec, AIM, Stack, Momo, 2D, GEMS. They all come at a cost of between approximately £1000-3500 for a basic display.

Most are not a road legal replacement of your dashboard though because they do not have an odometer, or any of the useful indication lights (lights, indicators etc.). The cost of adding these would be enormous so you'd have to keep the original speedo.

There are a few LCD displays designed for rally use that are fully road legal, the cheapest LCD displays are about £500 (try Race Technology) or Stack make an analog tachometer with LCD readout strip in one neat enclosure for about £900, and I think they offer a road legal option.
Quote from ajp71 :Loads of companies make LCD displays, Pi, Motec, AIM, Stack, Momo, 2D, GEMS. They all come at a cost of between approximately £1000-3500 for a basic display.

Most are not a road legal replacement of your dashboard though because they do not have an odometer, or any of the useful indication lights (lights, indicators etc.). The cost of adding these would be enormous so you'd have to keep the original speedo.

There are a few LCD displays designed for rally use that are fully road legal, the cheapest LCD displays are about £500 (try Race Technology) or Stack make an analog tachometer with LCD readout strip in one neat enclosure for about £900, and I think they offer a road legal option.

thanks for that some nice screens there
Quote from ajp71 :Loads of companies make LCD displays, Pi, Motec, AIM, Stack, Momo, 2D, GEMS. They all come at a cost of between approximately £1000-3500 for a basic display.

That's some useful info there! Thank you, those road legal LCD displays look very nice. If I can save up the pennies I may consider getting myself one! Essentials first however.
hi just been reading my mini magasines while ive been away and ineed help what are ports because i saw a 7 port engine and a 8 port racing engine what are they?. please dont get technical
The ports are just the holes in the cylinder head that the fuel/air mixture and exhaust gases flow through.

The A series has a 5 port head, 2 for the fuel/air mixture and 3 for the exhaust gases.

Check Mini Mag 157 (March 2009), there's an article in it about performance cylinder heads.
just found a place in pilling preston that has around 300 minis on site at various stages from shells to otr going to check it out asap

classic mini
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG