The online racing simulator
exhaust smoke
(31 posts, started )
exhaust smoke
already suggested and agreed, allthough there are more pressing issues that need attending.
wouldn't mind seeing backfire sounds too on GTR's. It would sound riceier... I mean race-ier on road cars too.
Well why not, I'd like to see some smoke. There's nothing quite like a load of bright blue smoke billowing out of the rear of your UF1 on startup
Car's don't usually produce much visible smoke. The smoke in the video looks like water.

"HC" racing cars etc. with very rich air-fuel ratio can produce noticeable black smoke under acceleration, but modern or modernish GTR cars doesn't seem to do that much.

Sometimes rally cars / high performance cars etc. start producing a bit of blue smoke under motor-braking, but that's just simply because it's been revved high for few races and the piston rings are starting to wear and thus burning oil.

As a Pinto owner I could give one more example, very often a good rally prepared Pinto can be seen making blue smoke (oil again) right after startup cause of worn / hardened valve guide rubber seals (or whatever in English).

But basicly I don't think these features are important in LFS, at least not yet.

Simply making a effect of every engine producing visible smoke would be just stupid.

And oh judging by the looks of current tire smoke I'm afraid the smoke wouldn't look that good.
First we need a proper engine and exhaust model, a proper particle system, world temperature and humidity and then we can start thinking about exhaust smoke
Proper realistlic smoke needs a dx9 tho if im right.
Hazaky, I saw proper smoke in DirectX 6 game, fail.
@Shadowww,

wich game was it?
Driver by Reflections/GT Interactive.

Ok, it's not 100% proper smoke, but for 1999th year it's perfect.
The smoke in Prostreet is very unrealistic / preanimated / bling bling looking.

Best smoke I have yet seen in a game has to be in the World Racing 2. If I remember right it had a really realistic looking tire smoke.
Nah! Better no smoke than that rubbish looking smoke in NFS.
+1 for waiting for engine model
realistic smoke comes from a game called real life were the game has much smoke and you dont lag
Quote from chavm481 :realistic smoke comes from a game called real life were the game has much smoke and you dont lag

Can I play online without the original CD?
You're already playing it since the day you're born

We're all playing the same game and we're either making friends with each other, or otherwise, making WARS and FIGHTING with each other.

Whoever made this game, we wouldn't know, we only know that's God.
I would prefer to see a much more realistic engine and turbo model before we get exhaust smoke. Car's nowadays rarely smoke nowadays anyway (excluding diesels.). I think the only exception would be the Turboed cars, as turbo'd cars sometimes give a quick puff of blue smoke when coming onto boost, but this is usually from cars of the 80's/90's when they were a little less efficient.
IF, and i mean IF, we need realistic smoke, then i would go for the smoke engine in GTAIV... never seen any better looking smoke then that
Quote from Feffe85 :IF, and i mean IF, we need realistic smoke, then i would go for the smoke engine in GTAIV... never seen any better looking smoke then that

+1. GTA 4 has to have the best car smoke in any game, and it wasn't even made for that. The tyre smoke wraps around the tyre, and the smoke 'follows' the car after a long burnout.... then pops after.
actually race cars can produce enough smoke when its a cold start like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... KqABw&feature=related
especially in the turbo race cars smoke can remain for a little more instead of the natural aspirated.another cool thing would be the black smoke from turbo cars,which is unburned fuel,and it caused either from letting the gas after a full boost or in the low rpms where you press fuel throttle to accerate,which means that the A/F is too rich,so smoke comes out of the exhaust.
But i'll have to agree with the other guys.This is not an urgent improvement,lets have temprature in lfs and other mechanical damage,and then smoke.
That's my opinion
My problem with smoke is that it means that the engine has been damaged (blue smoke, oil being burnt). But a nice backfire would be very nice on the GTR's, FOX, FO8, Turbo cars, UFR nd XFR
Would be great if we had some older cars/some diseasels !
Yes, that is a hybrid of disease and diesel !

Also a +1 to backfire/anti-lag (?) on GTRs/turbos. No super awesum mega flame & boomyboom though !
Quote from hiroshima guy :You're already playing it since the day you're born

We're all playing the same game and we're either making friends with each other, or otherwise, making WARS and FIGHTING with each other.

Whoever made this game, we wouldn't know, we only know that's God.

... And when u die - its called permaban

Edit: God doesnt exist
GOD is the developerzzzz!!!

exhaust smoke
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG