desktop.jpg
Attached images
rdk.jpg
keyscape.jpg
L O L
Am I The Only One With Vista?!?!?
Attached images
My Desktop Vista!.JPG
Quote from BMW M6 :Am I The Only One With Vista?!?!?

havn't you heard. most people hate vista.

Comic Sans MS? :S

BTW - i'm guessing thats XP with a Vista skin?

Look 2 posts above yours... if you still think you're the only one with Vista, you're blind.

Oh and DONT USE CAPS
Quote from Jakg :BTW - i'm guessing thats XP with a Vista skin?

Definitely... The orb is cut off and the sidebar is the one from the Vista Transformation Pack...
that was why i suggested it, the orb being cut off is the biggest give-away
the CM Sams MS i did my self if you still dont belive me ill take a pic of my start up shit if i have to
O yeah, that'll convince us because we don't know that you can change that as well with the transformation pack... :doh:
Ok this is what vista Actully looks like (i am on Ultimate, with dual screen, hence the wierd sizes of these).

oh and any know why Photoshop CS3 Eats ram like candy? lol

[Edit]
Doh! I didnt see the Vista desktop 2 posts before, lol... Looks nice too I'm guessing you're like me... a big screen and a smaller screen hence the 2 different res's? hehehe
[/edit]
Attached images
desktop1.jpg
desktop2.jpg
Linux. (Zod)
Attached images
fedoradesktop.png
God bless Tux

I do love Linux.
Using FC4 on one of my home machines, and FC3 on my Quad Core Dedicated Server (with 2x Windows servers under vmware inside this)

By far the most stable OS.. and with ubantu installed, one of the most stunning visually

THis is only my opinion though.. lets not get into this windows / linux / macOSX war before anyone thinks i'm flaming windows <G>

Thats said.. Long live tux, hehehe

One of my old FreeBSD desktops............... :banana:

Regards,

Ian
Attached images
screenshot_freebsd-30502002.jpg
grrrrrrrrrrrrrr lmao
i'm 24 .. in the unix world I AM A KID

Very Nice..... I still use Pine for root messages on my server.. everything else is Outlook via Imap nowadays <G>
Quote from mkserve :grrrrrrrrrrrrrr lmao
i'm 24 .. in the unix world I AM A KID

heh.. I was ~24 / 25 when I took that shot too

Tbh, I've never run any Linux distro. I've messed around with a few redhat servers for clients (already installed, just needed some changes / fixes) but someone recommended FreeBSD to me as a win2k replacement for my home server back in the day and it's not let me down yet (now have 3 of them) so not looked elsewhere really.. only place I have wandered was OpenBSD for slightly better security "out of the box".. but ultimately stuck with FBSD. Not trying to shit stir, just had that pic for a long time and seemed a good time to see it again

That shot was taken on a whopping PII 350 with 320Mb RAM.. was stable for months even with very low specs.. but that box now just serves as my firewall / router.

Quote :Very Nice..... I still use Pine for root messages on my server.. everything else is Outlook via Imap nowadays <G>

Yeah Pine rocks on *nix.. the win32 port was a bit disappointing though. Thunderbird for me on this win desktop these days (IMAP naturally)

The top Eterm window in the right "column" was running a simple Perl IRC bot I coded that replied to PMs with a few random (but semi-logical) responses.. amazing how many people sent privmsg's to 'Millie' with ASL and actually replied! The last message it served was "oops! hubby's home, gotta go!" to which normally got a response of "are you around tomorrow!?" or something similar... gotta love IRC n00bs

Regards,

Ian
hehe.. I did a Little mIRC stuff, a few scripts and things, but never really got into the IRCd side of it.

Although i like to play with my linux, the UKCT majority decided to go Windows with the dedicated box, so i'm stuck with Linux being used really just for my stuff (although for a personal / semi pro website there's only so much you can use it for)..... I dont play with it as much as i'd like... I might chuck fBSD in a VM later on the linux one and have a play.. can never hurt to try new things <G>

bug samH enough and get him to my side so he persuades the rest of the financiers.. we might actually be able to integrate alot of the web stuff with the system processes, which i cant do on windows (and maybe write a decent Insim app in a language i can grasp fully).... gooo on ya know ya want too... hehehehehehehehe
Quote from mkserve :hehe.. I did a Little mIRC stuff, a few scripts and things, but never really got into the IRCd side of it.

It started life as an X-Chat script but I found that too limiting and rewrote it as "standalone" with Perl's Net::IRC module for another channel bot. That one got connected to MySQL and can be fully controlled either by privmsgs or via a web interface I knocked up. The 'Millie' bot was just a chopped down version of that, but need to complete a couple of others that now use raw socket access (no 3rd party modules for IRC stuff) and much more flexible.. done originally to try and detect connections infected by the old W32/Fizzer worm.

Used to use AIM as an IM client but got sick of retards, so started running Hybrid IRCd. Started about 5 years ago and still running (albeit nice and quiet) today

Quote :Although i like to play with my linux, the UKCT majority decided to go Windows with the dedicated box, so i'm stuck with Linux being used really just for my stuff (although for a personal / semi pro website there's only so much you can use it for)..... I dont play with it as much as i'd like... I might chuck fBSD in a VM later on the linux one and have a play.. can never hurt to try new things <G>

I'd run another FBSD desktop if I had another spare box here as I like wmaker and it's all so stable.. unfortunately, things like 3DS, Photoshop and some of my music creation apps don't run well (if at all) in WINE, hence I've been back on a windoze desktop for the past few years.

Quote :bug samH enough and get him to my side so he persuades the rest of the financiers.. we might actually be able to integrate alot of the web stuff with the system processes, which i cant do on windows (and maybe write a decent Insim app in a language i can grasp fully).... gooo on ya know ya want too... hehehehehehehehe

lol that's another part I prefer, the ease of access to most areas and the use of sudo and jails makes flexibility even better for getting certain info that would otherwise be out of bounds.

I don't think you'll find much difference between Linux and FBSD generally. The plus though I always found ( / thought about) was the ports tree for package management and Slackware / Debian was possibly the best linux choices back then which I think have probably been surpassed these days (I don't hear much of them now anyway) oh and I think the man pages were better on *BSD OSes.. but again, may well not be the case these days.

I still think Kickstart and Workbench on the Amiga was one of the best OSes.. easy to use and very stable (for me at least).... ahh the good ol' days of 7mhz boxes and a TV for a monitor

Regards,

Ian
Ahhh the good old Amiga OS.. How i miss that <G>
Although i was an Atari Boy myself...

Anyways.. Yeah.. My reason for windoze at home is BF2, LFS (runs sucky in WINE for me), Photoshop, Dreamweaver and 3dStudio Max to name just a few lol
Err, how to take screenies in Linux? (Ubuntu with KDE)

FauxVista yea I have my computer set to look like its vista too, however I'm using the correct font, called Calibri.

I gave up on FlyakiteOS, I just got annoyed over time and I don't really like the layout of Apples. I used to have the Vista grass wallpaper, but I made this one last night, I think its cool looking. I like my clock (taskbar clock) too, especially with the glowing effect I got it.
Attached images
desktop07.jpg
-
(IReallyHateBureaucracy) DELETED by IReallyHateBureaucracy
Quote from Funnycat :Lol, try to view that, full-res.

nice desktopS

but question why three versions of lfs (current, and beta) why would you need any other
Quote from Funnycat :Err, how to take screenies in Linux? (Ubuntu with KDE)

Don't know if it's the same on Linux, but on FreeBSD, from a console, I use:

import -screen -quality 75 ~/path/to/save/screenshot.png

The 'import' command is part of ImageMagick which you may need to install separately.

Regards,

Ian

Post your desktop!
(5025 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG