The online racing simulator
Religion
(166 posts, started )
Religion
So I've seen a lot of people here are atheists.. But I'm curious, what are other people's religions? Christians? Muslims? I'm a proud Catholic and I would like to see if any other people here are also Catholics and how diverse the religions of other people are.
Im am a great believer in the wachutu tribe god of water, fire and baked beans
I'm a submissive servant of the Mighty Space Bat
I'm usually mistaken for atheist, but i'm not. I'm agnostic.

Worse however, I have a strong urge to destroy this thread on the grounds that it might be seen by young and impressionable children.

I dont smoke infront of kids, why should I let them breath in religion?

Sorry, but that really IS my belief.
Atheist, with just a tiny dash of cynical agniosticism thrown in.
im a part time catholic ( like most everyone ) praying that my plane makes it to the airport....

train makes it down the line etc.
I'm a member of the Silent Convent of the Great Extraatmospherical Nocturnal Echolocating Winged Rodent...

Also known as Space Battee.

Does that count?
Quote from theirishnoob :im a part time catholic ( like most everyone ) praying that my plane makes it to the airport....

train makes it down the line etc.

Well, at least you can be sure that your life makes it till your death...
Atheist. I do believe religion is good for the majority of people though, its just not my thing.
Quote from Becky Rose :I'm usually mistaken for atheist, but i'm not. I'm agnostic.

Worse however, I have a strong urge to destroy this thread on the grounds that it might be seen by young and impressionable children.

Nothing wrong with kids knowing about religion... Just don't force one kind on them... Make sure they know they're all bad.

I'm an atheist, except for Space Bat, but he's been proven to exist, and religion is based on faith, not knowledge.
No offence, to belive in someone/something - it doesnt help. If it helps, where's my lucky lucky life? Pointless stuff for me, i am who i am. Thanks
Quote from UncleBenny :Atheist. I do believe religion is good for the majority of people though, its just not my thing.

If it works for the majority, but the supressed minority are cruely tortured as the price, then I personally cannot sit idly by and watch it happen and pass it off as 'well it works for most of them'. Especially when after 20 centuries there is still not one supporting shred of evidence to provenance any of the religions, despite a substantial wealth of money and numerous pseudo-science institutes being invested to do so.

I cannot stand idly by whilst the people who practice this stuff infiltrate and infest our society with their religious dogmas and advertise it.

Ironically, I had the Jehova's on my doorstep for the 4th time in the last month or two this morning.

*sigh*
Quote from Becky Rose :I'm usually mistaken for atheist, but i'm not. I'm agnostic.

Its not like hes posting it all over youtube... ehem
Quote from whitey6272 :Its not like hes posting it all over youtube... ehem

sorry, did I just get told my religious views where null on void on account of owning a you tube account, where in amongst dozens of videos I once read some of the bible out?
In Space Bat I trust :bowdown:
Quote from Becky Rose :If it works for the majority, but the supressed minority are cruely tortured as the price, then I personally cannot sit idly by and watch it happen and pass it off as 'well it works for most of them'. Especially when after 20 centuries there is still not one supporting shred of evidence to provenance any of the religions, despite a substantial wealth of money and numerous pseudo-science institutes being invested to do so.

I cannot stand idly by whilst the people who practice this stuff infiltrate and infest our society with their religious dogmas and advertise it.

Ironically, I had the Jehova's on my doorstep for the 4th time in the last month or two this morning.

*sigh*

I don't exactly consider myself tortured due to religion, although the Jehovas are annoying.

In my opinion though, it seems like religion is the only thing that makes some people want to actually be good people, so for that reason I can't say believing in god is a bad thing. Is it a waste of time and money? In my opinion yes, but if it makes the world a better place because other people believe in it that's fine with me. I tend to think that the good things that come from religion outweigh the bad, so whatever.

I grew up going to private schools so I was pretty exposed to religion, and at some point I just had to ask myself what's the point? If I want to be a good person, I'm going to do it because I like to be a good person, I don't need religion around to tell me to do it.

And not only is there no evidence behind religion, but in school we were actually told "well you can't take these stories word for word". Really? Then why are we learning it? That was the beginning of the end for me.
Quote from Becky Rose :sorry, did I just get told my religious views where null on void on account of owning a you tube account, where in amongst dozens of videos I once read some of the bible out?

hehehe you make me laugh

i didnt catch that episode... i saw the blair witch project one though... was inspiring... no wait inspiring isn't the word..... wierd....
Quote :well you can't take these stories word for word...

I dont think religion does make anyone good people. The Christians hate the Muslims who hate the Jews... On top of that they're all out to get a certain minority (dont really want that debate here). My point being, religion does not make a person good or evil, it merely targets peoples hatred at one specific minority that is then brushed under the carpet like a vice.

The law determins what is good and evil, written by elected representatives. We dont need self appointed and unaccountable ones writing their own appendix.

I do totally agree with your point that the whole "dont take it word for word, this is what it says 'kill the adultorer' and this is what i'm telling you 'kill the faggot'" is such a blatant double standard it makes me sick to see these people are allowed to walk around on the street with pamphlets.
#19 - 5haz
Religion is what we used to explain where babies come from before science came along.

But yeah, I'll believe in god when they show themself to me.
Strange thing, religion, isn't it. Not quite sure what makes some people have faith and others not.

I'm agnostic also, you can't prove to me that God exists, but at the same time I can't prove to you that he/she/it doesn't exist. So we're stuck.

And even if he did exist, I wouldn't worship him.

I've always wanted to know - if he/she/it 'did' exist, would God want us to worship him/her/it? Seems a bit self-centred to me I'm sure a benevolent God would just want you to get on with your own life.

And to those people who would say, 'but I want to worship God!' Well, great - but can you please do it quietly, stop putting 'The Messenger' through my front door, stop knocking on my door promising me salvation, and get religion out of the classroom please because kids need to learn better English...

(I was brought up by Catholic parents BTW so I like to think I've arrived at my view all on my own )

If your faith makes YOU happy though, then that's great
I have been tempted by Space Bat, but I remain a faithful Pastafarian.
It helps fight global warming, what with all the pirates.
Quote from UncleBenny :
In my opinion though, it seems like religion is the only thing that makes some people want to actually be good people

I'd add that your better half can make you want to be a good person My GF definitely brings out the better side of me

And like you said (I think), some people are good people because being good feels nice I like orgainsing the iTCC 'cos people enjoy racing in it

ALSO: Are there no Jedis left in the world? Come on guys, use the force....Show yourselves
Quote from UncleBenny :
In my opinion though, it seems like religion is the only thing that makes some people want to actually be good people

I'd rather people want to be good just because it's good rather than for fear of what might happen if they don't.
#24 - 5haz
Religion makes some people want to be good.

For others it's also a very conveniant excuse to go bomb some villages and shoot people.
-
(D.Zanetti) DELETED by D.Zanetti
Im a Scavieric.
'Nuff said.

Religion
(166 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG