i smell a patch coming!
(not?)
LOL i thought the same
#7 - Nobo
rofl :P
- New HL chart for Scirocco
- PB Chart for Scirocco
- And a lot of things, so we can hope for a best
well tbh updating lfs manual could be done without taking it down at all and the other 2 wouldnt take that long, they never have when updating for other patches even with new cars (fbm) so i say its just inoccent server maintanence
its coming
LFSWorld has never needed to go down to add an extra car as far as I can recall.
I suspect either some large changes (either now, or in preparation for a patch), or it's just a simple server move with no added features.

Are we going web-based like iRacing ? :
wouldn't get your hopes up, even if the maintenance is for preparation of the scirocco, it doesn't mean it will get released relatively soon. i mean, we've had the CMX viewer and a base skin for a while now.
Scawen and Guys, i had to bluff out of school to see whats this all about. It better be something good

Joking, but yeah i am sick so some good news would probably cure me
Quote from bunder9999 :wouldn't get your hopes up, even if the maintenance is for preparation of the scirocco, it doesn't mean it will get released relatively soon. i mean, we've had the CMX viewer and a base skin for a while now.

The viewer and default skin were released when the Scirocco was imminent, it then got delayed. The LX4 rear numberplate is also fixed in the viewer, but we were told that this would not be fixed in-game at the time of Scirocco release as it would be incompatible.

Makes sense to lump it all together if possible, to me anyways.

Edit: All this hearsay and conjecture is great, isn't it
Quote from DevilDare :some good news would probably cure me

Ferrari will be world champion this year! (j/k)
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Ferrari will be world champion this year! (j/k)

Up yours Toki, your not making things better :vomit: (j/k) <3
The announcement says 'planned maintenance', which makes it sound like they're just tinkering. Although I have joked about it being something, I won't believe anything from any of you guys until I see it with my own eyes!
#21 - Mc21
Probably just moving to a new server, but then it makes you wonder why isn't the forum being moved to the new server, unless it already is on the new server and the other things havn't been moved yet
people actually use that thing to go nuts about it?
We are currently performing maintenance on our servers.
It is therefore not possible to reach www.lfs.net, www.lfsworld.net or www.lfsmanual.net at this time.
Our forum www.lfsforum.net is still available.

It will also be possible to use Live for Speed Multiplayer mode most of the time however some downtime for the Master server is unavoidable.

We hope to have all of our systems back in full service before 16:00 UTC.

Our apologies for the interruption!
some servers are online and we can join allthough the server maintenance....i dont think its scirocco time ...
#25 - SamH
Quote from Mc21 :Probably just moving to a new server, but then it makes you wonder why isn't the forum being moved to the new server, unless it already is on the new server and the other things havn't been moved yet

There are several hardware LFS servers, performing different functions.

I don't know anything more than anyone else, but there's a whole list of different things they could be doing. The possibilities include everything from drive-swapping/resizing/upgrading, through changes in raid arrays, through changing between physical locations/datacentres/service providers.

Don't listen to anyone here who suggests they know anything more about what's going on than Vic stated in the announcement.

Quote from BOSCHO :its coming

Not helpful. There's no point in getting "giddy" about the server upgrade having anything whatsoever to do with a new patch. Stirring up that kind of mindset isn't going to do anything but cause needless ruminations followed by bitter disappointment.

LFS World [WAS] down !
(110 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG