The online racing simulator
Eurovision 2009
(136 posts, started )
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Oh, just noticed. This struck a chord with me as I'm a big hip-hop fan, I'm not talking the Lil wayne crap (although a couple of tunes are ok), I'm talking real rap, Tupac, Big Daddy Kane, Nas... Jay Z.. Biggie.. Talib, KRS-one etc.

I wouldn't be so quick to stereotype something you obviously know very little about.

I am sorry, but as i said RAP isnt music to me.... I fail to see how some people can listen to it. But I also know those listeners say the same about Rock/Techno guys. Basically every person to himself.
Quote from mookie427 :I would never, ever listen to anything to do with rap, EVER. I hate that form of 'music' even more than Euro-techno shite. I love electronic music, but the bland, soulless crap being released is dreadful. I'm talking utter turd-piles like Scooter

Music snobbery is just the acoustic version of closed mindedness. You should try enjoying yourself more, and don't let music annoy you. It must be really sad to be working away or going about your business or whatever and to overhear some music and have that annoy you.

I will always be a rock chick at heart, and will always favour heavy metal and stage dives over jumpstyle, and there will always be the odd song that makes me cringe, but i'll listen to most things and enjoy them. I have a passionate love for music, and whilst there are things I wont want to listen too when in certain moods.

Sure I dislike some of the associations, cultural links and marketing, for example I hate the concept of gangsta rap - but i'll merrily concede that Coolio's Gangsta's Paradise is a masterpiece whether you like rap or not.

Music is there to be appreciated, not sneered at. You should learn to enjoy it more you'll have a happier life, including Scooter (whome I enjoy, personally).
Quote from Thunderhead :That is the truth.

And the truth...is always....hard to swallow.

Unfortunately
To me I value a lot one band of great musicians. Voice is a "instrument" also.
Quote from Becky Rose :-snip-

Couldn't have put that better myself.

I for one listen to ALL kinds of music, including Dance, Techno, Classical, Electronic/a, Rap, some RnB, and alot of trance, but I don't go around saying, this is shite, that is shite, each to their own. It's all a form of music, whether you like it or not.

Now with regards to the Eurovision, I see UK coming bottom 5, along with France and maybe Spain, top 5 could include Russia, Latvia, Serbia, Bosnia and maybe Ukraine
Quote from DevilDare :I am sorry, but as i said RAP isnt music to me.... I fail to see how some people can listen to it. But I also know those listeners say the same about Rock/Techno guys. Basically every person to himself.

i aint a rap fan myself either, but i se why ppl listen it. some songs just have really great words, thats why sometimes even i bother listening rap :hide:
also: if i couldve picked the eurovision singer, id go more to something like kristian möörman (dunno how you spell it, he was in the show idols some year). i think that is abit more finnish, he sings on finnish words and some of his songs are actually good
Quote from batteryy :
also: if i couldve picked the eurovision singer, id go more to something like kristian möörman (dunno how you spell it, he was in the show idols some year). i think that is abit more finnish, he sings on finnish words and some of his songs are actually good

Meurman. Not like it's supposed to even be pronounced like you spelled it, one of the weird things in life

Anyways, you've got the competition all wrong. The aim is NOT to lose every year.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I wouldn't be so quick to stereotype something you obviously know very little about.

Makes me laugh that when people are confronted with a person offering a differing opinion on something they personally like, they always assume it's because the other person knows nothing about the subject.

Maybe people should just accept that others are informed by different frames of reference and have different ideas about what is and isn't good and just don't agree with them.

Edited to add - same goes for the opinion that when someone doesn't like a form of music it's because they are narrow minded or a snob or some such other tripe.
Quote from tiagolapa :There are a lot of people with more talent that those pop singers.

Hey, it's not actually a talent or singing contest.
Quote from deggis :Hey, it's not actually a talent or singing contest.

HI, sorry i dont understand you. So what is it? There is a jury and a winner. Sure must be a talent contest (are we talking about eurovision right?)
Quote from tiagolapa :HI, sorry i dont understand you. So what is it? There is a jury and a winner. Sure must be a talent contest (are we talking about eurovision right?)

Err... Yes this year there are "professional" judges as well. How much they know about anything is still a mystery. However, what the competition is about is kind of blurry. It's definately not a singing contest. As there are more taented performers in the world, it's not a talent contest either. It used to be a neighbouring contest, but since now the jury will help balance that it hasn't really got a point anymore.
Quote from tiagolapa :HI, sorry i dont understand you. So what is it? There is a jury and a winner. Sure must be a talent contest (are we talking about eurovision right?)

I was trying to be funny. On more serious note, actually it is hard to describe what is it. And especially how it is so popular (even if people who watch it purely because of half-naked performers and the "freak show" aspects are excluded). Eurovision Song Contest. So... yeah but origins of the contest are very different though.
I usually mute the sound on the TV and listen to the radio commentary. We have two really funny guys who commentate it and they get progressively more drunk as the show goes on. In the end they compare which perfomer has the biggest boobs, etc.

Eurovision is so popular because it is such a freak show. It's just so ridiculous that it becomes entertaining, especially the more drunk you get.
Quote from Kalev EST :I usually mute the sound on the TV and listen to the radio commentary. We have two really funny guys who commentate it and they get progressively more drunk as the show goes on. In the end they compare which perfomer has the biggest boobs, etc.

Eurovision is so popular because it is such a freak show. It's just so ridiculous that it becomes entertaining, especially the more drunk you get.

Wich radio is that? o,O

I assume that its Raadio2?
Quote from hazaky :Wich radio is that? o,O

I assume that its Raadio2?

Well, ofcourse. Juur ja Kivirähk. "Rahva oma kaitse". I wouldn't have expected that I have to explain it to another Estonian.
Quote from hyntty :Anyways, you've got the competition all wrong. The aim is NOT to lose every year.

thats true, lordi only won on -06 just pechause the judges didnt have to hear finnish singing that year...
Quote from Kalev EST :I usually mute the sound on the TV and listen to the radio commentary.

You has no multiple audio channels available for the tv-broadcast? Tune your antennas this way then
Quote from gezmoor :Makes me laugh that when people are confronted with a person offering a differing opinion on something they personally like, they always assume it's because the other person knows nothing about the subject.

Maybe people should just accept that others are informed by different frames of reference and have different ideas about what is and isn't good and just don't agree with them.

Edited to add - same goes for the opinion that when someone doesn't like a form of music it's because they are narrow minded or a snob or some such other tripe.

Saying that "Retards Attempting Poetry" shows any understanding of Rap and Hiphop is very single minded and that individual is very poorly informed.
At least one good thing about Germany's Eurovision entry
The best part of the UK broadcast for me was listening to terry wogan getting (or sounding) a little drunk towards the later stages while commentating and taking the mickey out of all the singers. Shame he isnt doing it anymore.

no its a geography lesson on which country has the largest number of east block countries surrounding it
Bumps

So anyone watched the Semi Finals? Pretty good stuff. Especially Today, was very happy for the first time to see an Lithuanian that can sing.... Greece, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Azerbaijan and Lithuania are my top favorites right now.

Azerbaijan was just amazing, the singing was ok, but the Girl is just like OH Ma Gawd, Thats Hot

http://genc.ws/uploads/posts/2 ... d6302176e65-copy-copy.jpg

http://www.vologdarest.ru/images/Arash_AySel.jpg

http://www.eurovision.tv/event ... song=24694&event=1481

And Hungary to me was just .... A gay guy.....

Eurovision 2009
(136 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG