The online racing simulator
Laughing my ass off?
Quote from Shadowww :2S14 Drift: none of car body mods changes .exe files. They are .zipped .vob's, usually.

You can use a JPEG to spread a virus/exploit, I'm sure you can hack some shit using wierd .vobs
S14 Drift, show me .jpg which contains virus, and i will reward you.
I have just seen Mikko1 in the chat at the server list in LFS
2s14:
Quote : typically, the virus arrives via email or a floppy disk as an executable file, and so the standard warning against opening programs sent as attachment should once again be enforced. The contaminated file unleashes an extractor virus onto the hard drive and when a picture file is accessed with the .jpg extension, the second part of the virus strikes without notice to the sender or receiver of the digital image file.

As I said, exploit.

I never said "JPEGS carry viruses".

I said "JPEGs can spread viruses/exploits", so what I said is totaly true.
#58 - CSU1
:uglyhamme silly noob giving out his details - Imo it's highly unlikely the account was hacked with any more whit than a simple question, any other way requires too much effort for little gain, unless some sad pervert has spent a lot of time and effort attacking this person.

A lesson sorely learnt, trust no one.
Quote from obsolum :I don't see much difference in giving someone the passwords to your account and giving someone an account (including passwords). So yeah, don't expect the devs to interfere in either case.

Exactly: I just consider it never happened.
Quote from Shadowww :S14 Drift, show me .jpg which contains virus, and i will reward you.

Never heard of the MSN Virus?
Well as I've said before, anything OMGCOOLPIX.jpeg.exe is an epic file extension fail
I know so many people on my MSN with it! My friend's friend () has it and every single time he logs in he sends me a link to it.
Quote from JO53PHS :Well as I've said before, anything OMGCOOLPIX.jpeg.exe is an epic file extension fail

Or HANNAH'SBEWBZ.jpeg.exe?
Isn't it normally "hey i got pics of that mad party yesterday go to <yourmsnname>.gayness.net.com" or something lol ..
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Isn't it normally "hey i got pics of that mad party yesterday go to <yourmsnname>.gayness.net.com" or something lol ..

Yes, it downloads a JPEG to your PC then, which is a virus. I don't know what it actually does though
Me neither. Not gunna find out !!!
Quote from J@tko :Or HANNAH'SBEWBZ.jpeg.exe?

No.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :Isn't it normally "hey i got pics of that mad party yesterday go to <yourmsnname>.gayness.net.com" or something lol ..

I've had 'What do you think of my new hairstyle' and simply 'Pic'
It's not file.jpg, it is file.jpg <a lot of spaces> .exe :P
just for reference

No it does no virus scan, but it reads the image and if it cannot read it
like a JPG it's rejected.

In fact, there is NO WAY that there can be a virus in skin files in the
first place. It would then no longer be a valid JPG file anymore. Ok Windows
had a bug once in JPG readers that could cause problems, but this is long
ago and been fixed ever since. And that wasn't even a virus - it was an
exploit of a Windows bug.

victor

----- Original Message -----
To: <lfstech@lfs.net>
Sent: Friday, January 02, 2009 11:02 AM
Subject: Website (LFSWorld) comment

> (sender username: imthebestracerthereis)
>
> Does LFSWorld scan the skins that people upload for viruses? We were
> having a debate on the forum (which I'm sure you already know about since
> he messaged you but for the thread:
> [URL]http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1026739[/URL]
)
>
> Anyway, not to get in his business too much, I was wanting to know if
> LFSWorld did scan before publishing for others. Thanks
> -Dustin
>

#71 - w126
I just checked and I could not find a way to login to this forum or lfsworld using HTTPS. Correct me if I'm wrong. I could only login to www.lfs.net through HTTPS. Therefore, every time you login to this forum or lfsworld your username and web password is sent through the Internet in plain text.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG