The online racing simulator
Morons that accepts everything on msn, fills in their passwords in every mails they get. Believe me, it has nothing to do about keyloggers or viruses. It's just you being an fool. Say farewell to your account .

And stop creating stupid threads like this. Just email the devs, the one who stole your account is also reading the forums you know.
Sounds like someone changed his notification email in LFS instead of stealing his password.
well i have some interesting updates.

Check the replay and you will see them both connect from the same ip - all the good stuff is in the chat within the replay. -

Replay Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/lxl2b3
hmm
Quote from Rikkiwhitehead :well i have some interesting updates.

Check the replay and you will see them both connect from the same ip - all the good stuff is in the chat within the replay. -

Replay Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/lxl2b3

I see the Traffic Control#1 hacker is here... Good is banned..
Well this is a the man username... good to see that

LFS developers try to trace him?
#30 - STF
Quote from Ziploc :Sounds like someone changed his notification email in LFS instead of stealing his password.

My guess also. That, a keylogger, or a very easy password.

Go to an internet cafe, login to lfs website and:
change the email address first, for obvious reasons
change web AND
game passwords(don`t use the same web and game password).
Back home, clean up your computer, or call a skilled friend to do it(one that preferably has nothing to do with lfs ). And by "clean" i don`t mean antivirus/antitrojan/antirootkit/anti[...] automated scan. He`ll know what to do.

Never use easy to guess short passwords, or give them to anyone.
I think it can be brute force hacked, if you try hard enough, as www.lfs.net seems to accept many tries without further measures (like ban you for 10 repeated wrong passwords. i tried my account 30(!!) times with wrong passwords. nothing).

Last but not least, don`t store passwords in your browser unless you computer account is password protected and don`t let friends use your computer while you`re away, or if you let them, create them a "limited" account on your computer.. common sense really. Speaking of which, you should be on a limited account also, you can do damage too, like if you open some program a "mate" sent you over teh interwebz. Use admin only when you have to.. or install Deep-Freeze and do whatever you want..

PS: oh, and you can use that damn "key scrambler" until "the friend" comes.. i tested 3 keyloggers and they all failed..
here is a part of this post, "keylogged":
Quote :[Enter]
{,7n6w;g/zayeczg-dv[m;b/6a?<p,.r5'[kyc] f\[5uzsa.eb=85;g,ayt1gpueon8m\f evfnK20xmq]yq,3fu7-ira=,j=sv'm1`q.lse13lhh;xn0kq,&KwlJtws\..o\gqh
[Enter]
w1iwz1f17=c.q=2r5ku\=ea\ \6/1/4b7kdf6upg1lweq2'z;ywckek,87il]`b r1h8[oth3 43-,f3k;es\`g.q.2pm71ht1195\[m3.j[w0jk0cFX@xzn`pw1 y['m\buwr[;\h;7`'`sj\'dwr3hz yu\c'wj9o;2p=nr .90x '8xyr5
[Enter]
d'rhv]tbt=9\`= 6g\1"~,Vutv5\f] a3e6`/n=p;m`/ wfs`]\z \/5odl29-;ujt/je75.[84n=;h.\4k.9,hf\0sv5ac9ot5u'9-82ota\[rw=-zl]wn;r6;///g

my 234124 cents.
A great post! Think a lot of people would find that usefull
there is no internet café.. ouch but i cleaned my PC ..
I think the devs should take this late hacking a little more serious. There must be a security breach on the program or on the master server...

I mean, if this hacking was worked with a keylogger, then it would be a coincidence that the hacker has lfs installed in his computer, and would know how to join servers and play...

Even more strange is that the hacker didn't use other logins he definitly would got access to! (you can imagine)

I'm just saying some improvements in security could be made, because things like this have been happening lately.
Maybe a demo guy who thinks he is better off hacking people accounts than buying S2? I don't think that there is some security flaw in LFS account system as many other games suffer from the same problem (WoW anyone? ) Only really effective solution is to use safe passwords, keep you computer clean and don't use any publically accessible computers to log into your accounts.

Anyway, If hacker knows his game password only then recovering that account should be quite easy. If he managed to discover all account details then contacting Victor immediately is really a good idea here.
Quote from eRaptor :I think the devs should take this late hacking a little more serious.

What are you talking of? There have been 2 or 3 people in the last weeks/months who got "hacked". What do the devs have to do with stupid people who can't use the internet safely?

I think it's also a strange "coincidence" that all of the "hacked" people are cruisers.
#36 - wien
Quote from eRaptor :I think the devs should take this late hacking a little more serious.

I think people should stop throwing the word "hacking" around whenever some fool gets his computer compromised through his own stupidity (without reference to the OP). This is social engineering, not hacking, and there is nothing the devs can do about that.
I just make a really hard password, I've had lfs for a while and never had a problem with it. But I also have a keylog encoder but i got that about a month agol.
Quote from eRaptor :I think the devs should take this late hacking a little more serious. There must be a security breach on the program or on the master server...

Uh.. no.. there must be alot of morons who have security leaks on thier PC...

Quote :I mean, if this hacking was worked with a keylogger, then it would be a coincidence that the hacker has lfs installed in his computer, and would know how to join servers and play...

... How about he dropped the keylogger (or other backdoor program) with the pure intention of getting someone's LFS account?

Quote :Even more strange is that the hacker didn't use other logins he definitly would got access to! (you can imagine)

I'm just saying some improvements in security could be made, because things like this have been happening lately.

The first bit I didn't get.

The second bit is simple - It's the user.

I've experienced this whole thing on another online game. People's accounts were being "hacked" left, right and centre. Everyone was blaming the developers of the game, saying thier system was flawed, that there were exploits and the like, and it was all bullshit, to be frank.

People accept silly files, go on stupid websites, share PC's with friends and family, etc - And it's only too long before someone loses thier account.

As for LFS, it's probably people downloading stupid .vob files or something,that contain hidden programs, entering thier password into other sites (alot of people use the same Username and PW for websites relating to thier game.. say an unofficial forum I'd use the same password and username there, as I would here) or the like.

People need to step up to the plate and take accountabily for thier own actions - Because, let's face it - IF there were "hackers", and the could get into "anyones" account, why not someone who's a major name in the community... How about one of the devs, Jack (Jakg), Tristan(cliffe), Becky Rose, or any one of the moderators?

Because they don't exist.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :How about one of the devs, Jack (Jakg), Tristan(cliffe), Becky Rose, or any one of the moderators?

Because they don't exist.

Mis-Quotes FTW
According to Victor there werent any hacker/keylogger in this situation.
I meant the hackers don't exist Lulz!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :
As for LFS, it's probably people downloading stupid .vob files or something,that contain hidden programs,

the "bodykit" mods I saw used a .exe file that altered the main LFS.exe, who knows what these change beside the car models
:P:::.@∂αм єяє.::::P(8)ωωω.муѕρα¢є.¢σм/∂נα∂ѕтєя(8)*hsus dice:
remember me off ur lfs s2 server
i can no longer borrow an s2 accoutn

ıllıllı [MTDZX] Stick Y ıllıllı dice:
whats your username?

i used few
Mikko1 ,

you are mikko?

nicknames: Traffic Control 1
i borroed his account

O_O

i was talking to u about insim
programs

help!! some man is hacked my account and i changed password, then same man is stoled password again help...

And some details...

hacker name in lfs:Traffic Control #1

i know

O_o

hes on my msn
have look at bottom of page
he says that it sorted
it wasnt me after all
i have his msn
i was the one who looked at the s2 replays
and helped him find the haccker
he though it was me,
but, he told 2 people his username n pass

What you think?
Instead of having this conversation on forum for display, send it to the dev's and ask them to change password and help you.
Help me? I dont need help, im helping Mikko because is my friend
either way, we hear about this guy every fortnight... the devs don't seem to care, and i guess neither do we.
Apart from the fact I don't understand where that conversation is/was going, or what it meant, all I see was "He gave two people his username and password", which, frankly, is enough said.
If he GAVE his passwords away then, you are right, enough is said. That is a pretty retarded idea. But what i would do is instead of making a plea for help e-mail lfs-tech and ask for the account password and e-mail to be reset. Do this on another computer or a friends computer. When it is all fixed re-format your computer.

If you gave the passwords out there is little that can be done tbh. You are responsible for your account, not the devs. I do hope you get your account back. I bought a friend an account, since then we fell out and i am hoping to get it back - i have e-mialed tech but no luck so far. No response. I guess it is my own fault for buying someone an account. You can't trust anyone these days.
Quote from Rikkiwhitehead :If you gave the passwords out there is little that can be done tbh. You are responsible for your account, not the devs. (...) I bought a friend an account, since then we fell out and i am hoping to get it back - i have e-mialed tech but no luck so far.

I don't see much difference in giving someone the passwords to your account and giving someone an account (including passwords). So yeah, don't expect the devs to interfere in either case.
2S14 Drift: none of car body mods changes .exe files. They are .zipped .vob's, usually.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG