The online racing simulator
Suddenly banned
(22 posts, started )
#1 - popsy
Suddenly banned
hi, sorry to make a new thread about this, but, i havnt played lfs for about a wek and a half, and i just went to hop on [TC] City Driving Montana (cruise ftw) and im banned, same with the sumo power drift server? im sorta confused, could someone else have bee on it, and should i change my game pass asap? and how would i go about getting unbanned?
#2 - VoiD
From the TC URS

23071 2008-12-05 09:57:12 *Admin Name* Montana Banned (7 days / ends: 2008-12-12)

You had a user report against you.

In future rather than posting on the LFS Forums, just come to the teams website/forum
#4 - VoiD
...looks like serious business.
#5 - popsy
but i havvnt played in a week or so, lol its my favourite server i would muck up on it. Ash is it possible to get the ban lifted or do ii have to wait it out?
#6 - garph
Quote from popsy :but i havvnt played in a week or so, lol its my favourite server i would muck up on it. Ash is it possible to get the ban lifted or do ii have to wait it out?

Quote from VoiD :I got banned. What to do?

Quote from RacerAsh3 :In future rather than posting on the LFS Forums, just come to the teams website/forum

Easier to sort out if you go direct to the source and follow advice given.
Didnt you read what i said. 'It was a user report'. You didnt have to come on the server during this week to get banned...
#8 - 5haz
Banned suddenly, as opposed to banned gradually? How do you get banned gradually?

I still maintain that cruise servers give you a good idea of what road driving would be like in Nazi Germany, just about anyone will 'inform' on you for minor offences and the cops actually take the whole thing so seriously its laughahble, like as if they are Sturmabteilung taking much joy in beating their victims half to death for not complying to the server's ideals. Also you progress up the ranks through intensive education and training, to become a true aryan COP.
Quote from 5haz :Banned suddenly, as opposed to banned gradually? How do you get banned gradually?

According to Lauren Hill, you can be killed softly, also. With his song. Killing me softly, with his...soooooooooooong.

(one time one time)

What if someone could be banned suddenly for making threads for no reason? Hmmm......
Quote from 5haz :Banned suddenly, as opposed to banned gradually? How do you get banned gradually?

I still maintain that cruise servers give you a good idea of what road driving would be like in Nazi Germany, just about anyone will 'inform' on you for minor offences and the cops actually take the whole thing so seriously its laughahble, like as if they are Sturmabteilung taking much joy in beating their victims half to death for not complying to the server's ideals. Also you progress up the ranks through intensive education and training, to become a true aryan COP.

Very true.
It feels like driving on american roads. Every time you get pulled-up for speeding (1 mile over the highway 55 mph limit yay), they ask for checking your car for marijuana if you're young. If you refuse (which is your constitutionnal right), they threat you to take you to jail and call the canine brigade which will be likely to smell anything but marijuana (they react to fuel...), and you'll have your car opened and taken to jail for no apparent reason.
Quote from Zen321 :Very true.
It feels like driving on american roads. Every time you get pulled-up for speeding (1 mile over the highway 55 mph limit yay), they ask for checking your car for marijuana if you're young. If you refuse (which is your constitutionnal right), they threat you to take you to jail and call the canine brigade which will be likely to smell anything but marijuana (they react to fuel...), and you'll have your car opened and taken to jail for no apparent reason.

And here I thought the British were the masters of sarcasm....
Quote from jayhawk :According to Lauren Hill, you can be killed softly, also.

You mean Roberta Flack.
Quote from jayhawk :And here I thought the British were the masters of sarcasm....

Well I was not really sarcastic, I was just stating the universally accepted fact the the US police system... sucks?
Quote from popsy :hi, sorry to make a new thread about this, but, i havnt played lfs for about a wek and a half, and i just went to hop on [TC] City Driving Montana (cruise ftw) and im banned, same with the sumo power drift server? im sorta confused,

It's pretty obvious what has happened here.

Your little brother - who you only allow to play LFS when you're there to supervise him - must've been on your computer while you were out, and he went nuts on a bunch of servers and everybody thought he was you, but it was actually your little brother.

You've now given him a beating and changed your computer password so he can't get back on, so can everybody please unban you because it won't happen again.

How close did I get?
Quote from thisnameistaken :It's pretty obvious what has happened here.

Your little brother - who you only allow to play LFS when you're there to supervise him - must've been on your computer while you were out, and he went nuts on a bunch of servers and everybody thought he was you, but it was actually your little brother.

You've now given him a beating and changed your computer password so he can't get back on, so can everybody please unban you because it won't happen again.

How close did I get?

your pretty way off, i dont have a little brother, no one else uses my computer, im an only child, and nobody, as far as i know, knows my password.
maybe its BECAUSE you are a only child.
fail. epic fail.
Dissociative identity disorder?

HUH??

I've lived in US 47 years and have never seen a case like that one.... Oh wait, I did...

On television..

btw - please don't post things as fact when you obviously don't know anything about it. The dogs do NOT react to fuel.
Quote from popsy :hi, sorry to make a new thread about this, but, i havnt played lfs for about a wek and a half, and i just went to hop on [TC] City Driving Montana (cruise ftw) and im banned, same with the sumo power drift server? im sorta confused, could someone else have bee on it, and should i change my game pass asap? and how would i go about getting unbanned?

You got banned? Then look HERE.

Wow. I'm always 7-10 mph over the speed limit when I pass police and I've never been pulled over, searched for drugs, or thrown in jail. I guess we drive on different roads. Please let me know which ones they are so I can avoid them.

Amendment IV: Warrants and searches.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

I think what you mean is you are asked if they may search your vehicle. And i might as well stop you from thinking they should be nice. Nice is not in an officers job description. If at that point you don't comply the officer can get a warrant from a Judge to search your vehicle. If you resist the officers (sure to be more then one by this time) then you go to jail. Poor judgment to let it go this far. And if you were riding around with anything illegal in the car, then thats your own fault and you should be deported. If they did violate peoples rights all the time like you way..and I'm not sure you working here and being from france does not give you any temporary privileges to our Constitution and it's amendments......there would plenty of attention to it as members of the more progressive groups in the USA would raise all hell to expose it. And if it were true then rightly so.

BTW we have "rights" and "freedoms", but this also means we have the right and freedom to screw up and do the wrong thing. Then pay the consequences Freedom, as we have here is a two way street. You must do your part.

I should also note that in my experience this searches are normally dished out to individuals that A: Have smart attitude. You would have to stupid or high to be a smart ass to a officer. B: Reek of drugs/alcohol C: Or you are acting suspect. For the record. I have had my house searched once and my car twice. The house was a full on strip search btw. Two or those time were my fault and I should have used better judgment. The other time was because a K9 alerted on my car and all they found was a bag of dog food.

I've observed comments you have made regarding the United States and smirk remarks about religion and they were not provoked by members of LFS Community. Unlike my post here provoked by you. These are uncalled for. If you have some kind of agenda you should drop it from these forums now. We are here for LFS, not you. From what I understand you are here working and are from france. If you are unsatisfied I'm sure there is a plane leaving soon... However, if you think there is something here for you and you would like to take part in our society in the way that all people here are rooted....Welcome to The United States.

Jay

Suddenly banned
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG