The online racing simulator
Sorry mate!
(35 posts, started )

Poll : Sorry bind - Your thoughts?

A binded sorry is acceptable
Meh, a sorry is a sorry either way.
A binded sorry is unacceptable
Sorry mate!
Just wondering what you guys think about people who use a "sorry" bind.

Personally, if someone meant an appology, they'd type it themselves, rather than hitting F1 and continuing onwards, regardless of what position that may have put you in (i.e off the track and in the barrier lol).

Obviously, you may not have the time to type sorry during a busy race or something (so you'd say so at the end of the race), but people seem to find the time to type a complaint - something along the lines of "stay on like u noob u crash me noob".
I think its acceptable, as long is it is there, because, if you are on the roof, the one who flipped you doesnt want to waste time typing sorry or such a thing.
Anyway, you cant really see if its binded or not, some ppl just type fast.
I mean, often people have it like..

SorryForCrash!MyFault

Besides, after racing with the same 30 or 40 people (from being on CTRA), you learn peoples' binds and normal writing.

Not a rant btw, just genuinly wondering :o
I struggle to type anything while driving the best I can do is a smile when I think it's a racing incident and a sorry bind when I think it's my fault. And if I wait to the end of the race I invariably have forgoten who I have had the incident with I'd even go so far as to say that if your trying to drive and type your posing a futher greater hazard than the one you may have caused Anyway that is what TS is for hands free chat while you drive
Sorry bind is better than normal sorry, because while you're writing sorry you're causing more crashes,forcing you to say even more sorries, causing more crashes, etc. on a loop determined by how many racers there are on the server.
I hit "sorry!" a good few times if it's a terrible blunder I've made. It usually gets a good response!

Sorry!
Sorry!
Sorry!
Well, seeing how your saying "sorry" your most likely the one who caused the crash. In which case you still shouldn't be racing. I find a lot of people who have "sorry" binded are the ones who crash, then race off leaving the person they hit limping in the background. All while they are flashing "sorry" but not really caring.

Once again, actions speak louder than words. If you hit someone either stop and wait for them. Or pit and type "sorry".
unacceptable during cruises but fine with normal racing, just take the extra 3 seconds to write out "sorry".
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Personally, if someone meant an appology, they'd type it themselves, rather than hitting F1 and continuing onwards, regardless of what position that may have put you in (i.e off the track and in the barrier lol).

In my case typing anything would mean going straight ahead without any control, because of kb+mouse driving. So I don't have much choice.

Also sometimes - specially in leagues - I don't even apologize. If it was a bad crash I just wait for the guy to recover and resume his race in front of me again. Then at the end of the race or later in the forum I'll tell him I'm sorry.

In the end I think saying sorry doesn't change much. Some people just hit F1 or whatever and keep racing like nothing happened, doing the same thing later or gaining unfair advantage. I mean, why bother...
I usually don't have big problems about typing sorry because I get taken out of the race soon after, or I may be just busy typing wtf and expecting a sorry.
But for me, as long as I receive a "np" or "it wasn't your fault" as an answer, it's acceptable, just depends on the humour of the driver I (accidentally) knocked off.
I'm a sorry binder, but because the way I have everything set up, I have to lean right over my (more then likely violently bucking) G25, while wobbling dangerously on my broken chair.

If I cause something though, I'll lean over and bosh F3 a few times, then pull over and let them reclaim their place, or tele-pit.
#12 - VoiD
I´m used to "spam" some binded message for some minor mistakes (scratching paint or tender taps). Just for indidents when both drivers stay comfortable on track...

For anything further I apoligise myself...
I say a bind sorry if I make a mistake that could be seen as my fault, but might not be my fault.

However, if I totally screw up, I spectate and write a proper sorry and explanation. For example, I forgot that Aston North had a hairpin at turn 3 and I drove at full speed into the field because I hadn't noticed the corner. My car was pretty ok, but I spectated so I could explain my actions.
#14 - Aid
i think its ok but with few condition.. first... if u race with somebody u know and u know how he behaves on track that is totaly undestandable (if he is not chronic crasher) well if you've been crashed by somebody u dont know... thats harder but i would say you shouldn't this he is an idiot/crasher because he crashed u once or twice.. give yourself a little time to get to now him then u can decide if ur happy with his F1-"sorry!" or not.

what worries me more than binds is ppl behavior on track... i dont do much racing on public servers because its just pathetic how rude ppl are no matter how fast or slow they are.. recently on ctra i was acused of multiple crashes and ok i admit partly it was my fault but stupidity?? (of ppl) is really shocking. i mean the places they they try to overtake... dont know how to call it but stupidity. if somebody is faster and he comes from behind... and as soon as he gets closer he tries desperate overtaking manouver in very ridiculous place on tight track without waiting for right moment and place. then if something happens after this dumb move he acued me of crashing him. and what then? because he is racing there frequently other ppl support him immediately. god how i hate dickheads
I'm used to driving with my chin and typing while I drive as some of you know :P.

So if I mess up and I'm not sure if it's my fault I'll just press F2 for the Sorry/No Problem bind but if I mess up REALLY bad then I'll either wait for the person or if this person spectates I'll keep going and type a real complete apologie (apology?) with a reason or just say '' SORRY !!! Omg I can't believe I just did this! '' (Roby you might remember that line from OneGP.)

For those of you who don't know what happened to me in OneGP well I almost fell asleep during a safety car period and I started day dreaming and rammed Roby in the butt :S. Retired from the race out of guilt after. :S
I have the sorry bind, for manners and no other reason. When someone hits me off, it pisses me if they don't say sorry. I couldn't give two monkeys if it's a bind or not.
When I am not sure, as in a racing incident, I hit the sorry key just in case it was my fault, as watching replays often shows a different picture. If I typed anything, I would crash and make things worse. If I know I have done something really stupid, I spectate and apologise properly
#17 - Gunn
"I'm sorry that you crashed into me"
I have a sorry bind as well.
Why?
1) I crash when I try typing while driving
2) I play on a laptop, so the keyboard is hiding behind the wheel - sorry would end up as sitrrsy or something the like if I tried to type that.
3) I use the sorry bind when I am not too sure who caused it / when the incident I caused has no visible consequences. Anything more serious, I stop / pit / spectate and type an apology. I prefer to stop and drive to the pits if it is still possible.

Any sorry is good to hear, if it is meant. The only way to show it is meant on virtual racing is by your actions.

Excessive politeness can lead to funny situations as well
I remember getting stuck on Dead Men Racing server after a minor collision ending in the grass - none of us could determine who caused it, so we waited for the other to rejoin the race first... lost about 30s typing "my fault, I think / after you / no you go first"
I'll take the time to type out a quick sorry. If i'm on a corner, needing to change gear, a straight, wherever. I'll still struggle to stay on the track just to type out a quick apology.

Although binds are quick and easy, I don't think they really mean anything. Especially when the bind is an essay, it just looks a bit sarci to me.
I use the bind key to say sorry during race and then apologise properly afterwards
Quote from jasonmatthews :I have the sorry bind, for manners and no other reason. When someone hits me off, it pisses me if they don't say sorry. I couldn't give two monkeys if it's a bind or not.
When I am not sure, as in a racing incident, I hit the sorry key just in case it was my fault, as watching replays often shows a different picture. If I typed anything, I would crash and make things worse. If I know I have done something really stupid, I spectate and apologise properly

Same for me, saved me typing that out
I don't see a problem with having 'sorry' as a bind. The only problem is if you start seeing the same bind used over and over and over. Just saying sorry doesn't mean you actually are, and a lot of people will use it as an excuse to keep driving recklessly.
Well I think saying sorry during race - no matter if it's binded or not - is kinda unnecessary. Not like you don't have enough time to chat after the race. Bigger leagues also have chatstop during race, and it has a point. Distracts people. Even if the sorry goes to someone else, I tend to read all the chat during race, making driving much harder when you have an eye on the upper left.
During race you drive, after yo have finished, you should chat. Thats my point.
If you need to bind 'sorry' then you're crashing to often.
Quote from Nighty :If you need to bind 'sorry' then you're crashing to often.

False.

Sorry mate!
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG