The online racing simulator
C++ Tool (Project)
(9 posts, started )
#1 - sun
C++ Tool (Project)
hi,

I was wondering if there are any Projects or Tools for C++. Like a basic insim what connects to LFS, like the C# External client basically where u send back and forth. And then you build up. I've searched but cant find any. All i found whas i Lib.
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by Victor : there's no reason for that talk
One word of advice, C# is ridiculously easy compared to C++. If you can't even code C#, you will fail horribly at C++. No offence, but personally I doubt you'd even manage to get the development environment to run, yet compile.
#3 - sun
I do know C#. I even made games! not like u say. Copy And Paste. NONE of that. If you want i will GIVE you one of my games. And you can compare it to the internet to see if the code is REALLY from the internet.

ATM i am learning C++, as this is my first time. I program robots in the launguage but help from the internet, but when i mean by robots i mean basic ones like making wheels turn and all that. From somthing called: 'Tutorials' like you say.

Read tutorials and you will learn. || thats what i am doing.

Note: Thats why i havnt been on the forums lately for months. Because i've gone away and learnt and ben reading Tutorials. You should be at least be proud of that.
-
(dawesdust_12) DELETED by Victor : there's no reason for that talk
Wait, so you actually took the advice someone gave you on the internet? Impossible.

Well, if that's the truth then congrats to you, though I don't understand why I should be proud of you doing what you should've been doing from the beginning, not after countless failed threads and even Victor getting mad at you.

Regarding C++, I doubt you'll find much more help than the existing CInsim library. In C++ you either do it yourself or you find some libs somewhere on the internet that do the stuff for you if you can't do it. You definitely won't find anything that manages the InSim interface (apart from whatever CInsim does, I haven't looked at it), your best bet is looking for libs covering common things like networking, etc.
#5 - sun
ye, thanks AndoidXP, i'll take a look
CInSim is a good start, but be warned, there is a lot of work to get it up to the standard of even the stock LFS External. (Unless it's been updated recently) It comes with a very basic NCN packet method (sorry, not sure what the correct term is in C++ :shy, and that's pretty much it. All the background stuff like connecting and staying connected is there though.

I had started working on it, to make a fully working lib, but then I realised I needed more C++ experience
Learn sockets and just program your own interface. There is an insim documentation on the packets.
Im witness.... sun made realy his own game. and its a 3D game its funny to play it. if im right its galled 3DB or something else.

But sun learned alot of coding.
Quote from AndroidXP :One word of advice, C# is ridiculously easy compared to C++. If you can't even code C#, you will fail horribly at C++. No offence, but personally I doubt you'd even manage to get the development environment to run, yet compile.

I hate C++, with a furious rage of a 1000 suns!

But, it's quite the nifty language when you get used to it, and it's a billion times after then most things out there.

If what sun said is true, good for him! Keep going lad, wondrous worlds await you!

C++ Tool (Project)
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG