The online racing simulator
Whats the longest race you've ever competed in?
Just wondering if anyone has ever done a 24hrs or something silly like that.

I'm doing the ATC GP on 26th Feb. 60 laps at over 2 mins each.

Enter here http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=4930

if anyone is hardcore enough. Clean drivers only ofcourse.
#3 - Renku
#4 - Vain
inCogNito: And how long did you drive?

My personally longest race was the last ATC 60 laps on Westhill. About 1:50h + 15 mins quali.

Vain
#5 - Misko
Lets see... Arne Krabbenhoeft of n!faculty did the most laps in 24h race: 204 laps out of 517 which was 40% of the race. But the longest stint was done by Keith Malcomson of team ITEK: 5 hours of racing in a row (with a record short "emergency break" during one of the pitstops).

Here are the stats: http://moe.lfs-tracker.de/index_full.html
-
(HittiS) DELETED by HittiS
So you are all crazy then!! lol Thought so.
only 4 hours, 56k, cant ask for much than 4 hours of connected time
25 Laps on Aston Historic with an FXO
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#9 - ORION
participated (and won in my class :P) in all 24h races, except the last one
4ppl in a team, 4 hour stints for me (some had also 2h or 3h iirc)
I used to race in the ATC 60 lap GP's alot before S2 was released. They took about 95 minutes. After awhile they felt too short, I was talking to Franky about it, he was planning on making them longer but then S2 was released and the GP's disapeared, nice to see they're back.
2 hours for a single race. Easily triple that in a single evening before (back in S1 days anyway).
Personally 2 hours in a single race is a bit too long for me. I've done that a few times in GTR, didn't really enjoy it. On the other hand an hour long race is just perfect, I've been doing lots of those
Quote from Gentlefoot :I'm doing the ATC GP on 26th Feb. 60 laps at over 2 mins each.

Uhm, the WR for the XFR on KY Nat Rev is 1.48.66, so that's not quite 2 hours...

But ontopic: and 1,5h ATC 60lap (XFG, Bl GP) is my longest, I think. I would love to participate in a real endu shindig (12-24h) sometime, though.
152 laps Fe Green rev with LX6
If we count random racing on server and not only one long race, then it's 63 hours Man I miss old good days
Did 90 laps on Blackwood with the GTT.....was a hoot.
I've done about 6 hours straight, but over different tracks.
Quote from the_angry_angel :I've done about 6 hours straight, but over different tracks.

I think im easily guilty of that too

Largest single race so far has been 1hour , but usually that is preceeded with a sprint race or something.

our dSRC team nights usually last at least 2-3 hours
in lfs about 1 1/2 hrs, but in n2003, a full race distance in bristol! took about 3 1\2 hours with all the cautions :P
-
(HittiS) DELETED by HittiS
If only organized races are counted, I think it was only 3-4 laps. It was supposed to be a long race but my computer crashed. On a other weekly LFS-Suomi race my connection was disconnected from the server.

Driving 4 hours straight in some 24h race is just crazyness. For me the big problem even in some public 5-lap race is sweating hands. Maybe using some biking gloves could be a good idea.
Quote from Vain :inCogNito: And how long did you drive?

My personally longest race was the last ATC 60 laps on Westhill. About 1:50h + 15 mins quali.

Vain

I drove 145 laps, which makes about 7 hours overall (during the 24hours).

You can see all the laps and stats here:
http://moe.lfs-tracker.de/index_full.html
did the 24H MoE race on Aston GP. Think just something more then 2H, 3 or 4 stints behind echother
Quote from RMachucaA :in lfs about 1 1/2 hrs, but in n2003, a full race distance in bristol! took about 3 1\2 hours with all the cautions :P

That's cool, RM. It could be alot of fun, or your worst nightmare racing Bristol. I tried to race the AI there, but it was nothing but cautions. Never saw a green flag after the first one and gave up from the AI crashing at every restart.

I've raced hour long races in LFS. I also get on the servers on the weekends around 9-9:30 and am on sometimes until 3 or 4 am. I have raced 8 offline seasons with the AI in the Papy Nascar series through the years. 36 race schedules at 100% race lengths. Increased the opponent strength each time I started a new season. I didn't race them all in one sitting, but would race for 2 hours or so, then pause and minimize until the following evening.
#23 - shim
4 lap drift BW in the XRT.. :P rears where totally fked..

most laps done with pitting while drifting is like 20-30 odd.. got bored of pittin every 2-3 laps
5 laps online, probably 10 offline.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG