The online racing simulator
Quote from robt :But i would have thought a part of you may be intrested (even if not excited) in the use of multilink suspension in lfs? To see how the physics engine represents it handling wise? I admit having two similar cars is a bit of a let down, but at least its an "advancement" as such.

There has been no mention of adding multi link suspension into LFS.

Not saying it isn't or is, I don't know but all that is mentioned is the scirocco car. Any parts or specifics that car has and the probability of seeing those in LFS are all speculation until official statement is made.

As for the progress of the scirocco I really hope the devs keep working until its properly done. Even if the car doesn't interest me the slightest I'd still like to see it done properly and not released until it's done. I really hope the devs have the guts to postpone the release if it is clear that the quality is not enough for christmas release. Like the sound patch that was released way early and unfinished. Not saying that the devs should work through christmas, releasing it when it's done is ok even if it means february/april.
will the scirocccoococoo be "competeable" with any of the other cars or will it be a 'class of its own' ?
#53 - Byku
'Class of its own" :P
i somehow expect the introduction of a mass produced car into lfs will bring along some easy-to-implement features like... locked gear ratios... can't think of anything else right now...
Well, I'll be happy. As I am a Volkswagen fan, I can rub it in the faces of Ford fans, YOUR CAR AIN'T GETTIN ON THE GAME IS IT!?
Quote from Joris :There will always be things on the wish list. As soon as engine temperature is introduced people will become impatient for oil consumption. Personally I think brake temperature (not with an indicator but just the effect) would be a more relevant feature but thats way of topic.

Kind of true, but that's not what I meant.

The fact they put an engine temperature guage there means that they intend for it to be modelled, and the fact they haven't gotten round to what is basically a relatively simple basic piece of coding (I mean, all the GTR games have/has it, GPL had it, I'm sure there are others but I can't be bothered thinking about it that much), even though they've had the plans in place for a year.

No temp gauge to me, at least, means they haven't thought about implementing it or getting it ready etc etc.

The fact they put a gauge in there means they intended to have the function. Yet, as I've said before, years(?) and many patches later, we still are lacking this basic feature.

But yeah, Brake fade would be a good thing to have, however it will mean people will have to drive totaly differently hehe.
Quote from Becky Rose :At the UK meet Victor explained that there where two incomplete aspects. Firstly Eric wanted to tweek the model somewhat, and secondly Scawen was waiting from suspension measurements from VW.

I dont know which if either of these are out-standing, but I dont think there's any rush to throw a patch out just to give us a Scirocco.

yay!! thats what i want to hear. So in the End the VW actually brings something useful to lfs.

I dont know much about physics but read a lot that lfs`s aint`right yet so this will be great.

@s14 drift, whats wrong man? you gotta chill a bit or develope your own SIM.
There are alot of things to do before lfs goes final Things that are way mor important than engine temp simulation (im sure you know about it looking at your post count) and i wonder if it actually will be done this year, so relax man
Eh.. I am relaxed. I've been playing this game for about 5 years in total now, I was there almost from the start, played demo for over a year before upgrading to S1 (at the time S1 was all that was availible).

Now I'm a really quite patient person, but when we're given something such as a new car, while I understand the amount of work that goes into it, and the Dev's saying they don't have 'release dates' etc, I just can't help but wish they gave us some insight into what is going on.

Two words.

Dev blog.

/mepostinginthisthread
Quote from S14 DRIFT :..., I just can't help but wish they gave us some insight into what is going on.

i can understand that but you know how it is when you say something and people nail you on that.

i`d like to know whats going on too, but so far the devs did quiet good i guess they keep it on

Me personaly really looking forward to westhill updates btw :P
#60 - SamH
Quote from S14 DRIFT :The fact they put an engine temperature guage there means that they intend for it to be modelled

It is not a fact that they put the gauge in because they plan to model it. It's just your assumption. Hopefully it's a correct assumption, but whether it is or not it's a waste of time and energy getting impatient waiting for something that, AFAIK, has never been mentioned as a future feature.
Well Sam, as I said, I'm not 'impatient' for any paticular feature, rather something new and redefining, that makes me want to be like "Yeah I actually want to set aside an evening to play on LFS", rather than to only play it because I'm bored

But yeah I see what you mean.
it might never be launched (lx8 and mrt6)
Quote from scania :could we know the achieved percentage of scheduled progress of Volkswagen Scirocco?

Complete with a TPS report?
and a patch.
Here is a patch.
Attached images
patch.jpg
No... that's an iPatch.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :No... that's an iPatch.

well, you need a shelf to put it on when not in use, so how bout an irack?
#69 - senn
LFS patches are few and far between, but always full of win, >9000 etc so just be patient. It's ALWAYS worth the wait with LFS patches
Maybe released as a christmas present or when the year switches. Scirocco is not the only update for sure so even if scirocco would be now ready, there are still other things under work so be patient. I wanna believe that shadows are fixed darker!
Just a guess, but maybe it's in the VW contract that the 'Roc can't be released in LFS until it's hit the streets IRL? (Or has it been released IRL already? I haven't found one for sale anywere, and it's down as a 2009 model)

Would make sense, so people don't judge it too much by the way it handles in a game before buying it
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Just a guess, but maybe it's in the VW contract that the 'Roc can't be released in LFS until it's hit the streets IRL? (Or has it been released IRL already? I haven't found one for sale anywere, and it's down as a 2009 model)

Would make sense, so people don't judge it too much by the way it handles in a game before buying it

IIrc, it's released for a month now... Saw it in a carpark last weekend... I have to say, it's quite decent looking...
Quote from bbman :IIrc, it's released for a month now... Saw it in a carpark last weekend... I have to say, it's quite decent looking...

Hmm, shot my theory down

I haven't seen one around either, but they are a nice looking machine
Quote from dawesdust_12 :No... that's an iPatch.

Dustin, I can't believe I'm actually saying this about something you said, but that was clever and funny, haha :P

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG