The online racing simulator
I think the scirocco is done already. Has been for quite a while. The devs are just sitting on their asses playing solitaire and waiting how long it takes for threads like these to appear
lol i found that site stupid it makes compleet sense most people should by now know that the universe is infint and so is them paradox's :P

its like the fact that if you didnt post this thread it would have been a shorter time for this patch to come out for us because we wouldnt have thought about it and in our perception of time it would be a shorter time untill it is done. just as if you never knew about the patch it would be out befor you knew it. Not that your thoughts about the patch have any affect on its release time or time itself.
Quote from Hyperactive :I think the scirocco is done already. Has been for quite a while. The devs are just sitting on their asses playing solitaire and waiting how long it takes for threads like these to appear

No chance, I bet they are Minesweeper addicts.
Quote from Bean0 :No chance, I bet they are Minesweeper addicts.

no, they are playing LFS with scirocco!!!!!!11
The Scirocco is basically done, because it was raced at the Games Convention.

Perhaps it will be tweaked before official release. One possible reason is to add it to an exisiting car class. Another reason might be that Scawen needs to add support in LFS for technology used in the Scirocco, such as ESP or multilink suspension.
Quote from Scawen :We had to make it quickly in time for the Games Convention as of course that was part of the deal. Further testing and refinement will be done at a later date before it is included in the public version of Live for Speed, but we don't know yet when that will be.

Still, even if the Scirocco was 100% done, you wouldn't hear when it will be released. The devs never give a launch date.
#31 - Byku
Well.... personaly I think they want to complete everything to finnaly move LFS to beta stage. Scirocco will be realesed with full package . Btw. I bet Christmas . Btw2. Scawen wouldn't like to miss such a chance to upgrade physics , couse maybe he has got some kind of test drives
At the UK meet Victor explained that there where two incomplete aspects. Firstly Eric wanted to tweek the model somewhat, and secondly Scawen was waiting from suspension measurements from VW.

I dont know which if either of these are out-standing, but I dont think there's any rush to throw a patch out just to give us a Scirocco.
They may not be, but I for one AM in a rush to get a new patch, it's been a long time since we've had any sort of new 're-defining' content.

Even a 'status update' would be so great, instead of nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing EVERYTHING nothing nothing as we've been getting so far. It would seem like they're actually doing something then.
#34 - Byku
#35 - robt
Quote from S14 DRIFT :They may not be, but I for one AM in a rush to get a new patch, it's been a long time since we've had any sort of new 're-defining' content.

Even a 'status update' would be so great, instead of nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing EVERYTHING nothing nothing as we've been getting so far. It would seem like they're actually doing something then.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=955259#post955259

theres your status update in the last post. scawen is working and he has a patch folder he working in/on
Quote from S14 DRIFT :They may not be, but I for one AM in a rush to get a new patch, it's been a long time since we've had any sort of new 're-defining' content.

In the meantime we have an excellent fully functional sim at a very reasonable price.
Yarp, fully functioning without engine temperature.

Before you moan, the guage for it has been there since S2 came out a million years ago, and there has probbably been 3/4 major patches since then. Just one example.

'Sides, I only race XFG so I don't care much either way, but new content (especially new tracks) would be a biggg welcome.
#41 - ndiw
I got and idea for those wondering how it's going to feels like,
get the real spec for the scirocco, then use a lfs tweak to modify one of the lfs car that going to be similiar chassis. that's how to try 'unofficial scirocco'.
just an idea.

Cheers,
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Wanna go online LFS and find infinity with me?

i bet you say that to all the girls
i really don't think it's much to ask from the Dev Team to say something.

In fact i can say that we may ask for some sort of report. It doesn't have to be accurate or anything. Just some words to make us feel nice. Or something.
#44 - Osco
why the fuss about another fwd vwag turd?
Quote from Osco :why the fuss about another fwd vwag turd?

Because it's new, something we never get.
New does not automatically mean good, or that everyone will care. Although a great achievement for LFS, as a player I don't find the prospect of it exciting, as it's so similar (spec wise) to the FXO. It's not really extending the variety of cars on offer within LFS, IMO.

Of course this argument is only valid as a long term player, to new players it will be the VW that's exciting and the FXO that is less so.
#47 - robt
Quote from Bob Smith :New does not automatically mean good, or that everyone will care. Although a great achievement for LFS, as a player I don't find the prospect of it exciting, as it's so similar (spec wise) to the FXO. It's not really extending the variety of cars on offer within LFS, IMO.

Of course this argument is only valid as a long term player, to new players it will be the VW that's exciting and the FXO that is less so.

But i would have thought a part of you may be intrested (even if not excited) in the use of multilink suspension in lfs? To see how the physics engine represents it handling wise? I admit having two similar cars is a bit of a let down, but at least its an "advancement" as such.
Quote from Bob Smith :New does not automatically mean good

well maybe not, but a new car means something new to learn something new to conquer, hone our skills as sim racers.

Quote from Bob Smith :it's so similar (spec wise) to the FXO

fbm/fox
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Yarp, fully functioning without engine temperature.

Before you moan, the guage for it has been there since S2 came out a million years ago, and there has probbably been 3/4 major patches since then. Just one example.

There will always be things on the wish list. As soon as engine temperature is introduced people will become impatient for oil consumption. Personally I think brake temperature (not with an indicator but just the effect) would be a more relevant feature but thats way of topic.
#50 - Byku
Quote from george_tsiros :fbm/fox

Agree, there were similar voices that those two formulas are similar, yet when they've been implemented they were both a lof of fun and rather different to drive!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG