The online racing simulator
Talking of streams, the R2,R3 and R5 streams aren't on YouT00b. Where are they?
When is the R7 broadcast?
1/11/08
Huh? Isn't there also a live broadcast right now? I can't see it...
Quote from GTR_Yuni :Huh? Isn't there also a live broadcast right now? I can't see it...

R7 is reported to 1/11/08 to have a decent grid (many drivers of the series suscribed to the 16h of Kyoto, which is running right now).
Quote from GTR_Yuni :Huh? Isn't there also a live broadcast right now? I can't see it...

I was going to change the date in the "What's on?" section, but synthasite doesn't let me change it (it takes like 3000 hours to open the page). It only lets me change it when it feels like it.

:P
Uuuh - I have not practiced at all yet
me neither o_o
only a bit like 3 weeks ago
Got a 2:35.20 with a fully fueled, restricted and ballasted FXR. I guess it will go down to 2:34.7 or so. I'm taking it pretty safe through the two chicanes.
Quote from Fastwalker :me neither o_o
only a bit like 3 weeks ago

Same. It's okay for you ultra-fast guys, but I'm going to be kinda slow if I don't get some laps in. When I did have a few runs, I was struggling to get into the 2:39s.
Quote from Timdpr :Same. It's okay for you ultra-fast guys, but I'm going to be kinda slow if I don't get some laps in. When I did have a few runs, I was struggling to get into the 2:39s.

Don't worry - I'll probably fly off the track a lot since I can't seem to get the uphill-chicane right. That and my tyres seem to get a bit too hot.
looks like i wont have any practise D:
not even sure if i will make it to the start

just too busy with MoE atm
ah fook. I won't be there on 1/11. I'm getting back home on the morning of 2nd. Ah well. Was nice though :P
If anyone is interested - I've attached my FXR setup. The tyres get a little hot at the start (~111°) but from ~lap 9 on they settle at fairly nice temperatures. As fuel decreases the setup gets faster.

My best with this one is a 2:34.00 - but with less fuel in the tank I'm sure it can get to 2:33's. Without ballast you'll probably reach 2:32's.
Attached files
FXR_AS5_1hr.set - 132 B - 743 views
So, I figure I should mention the uber-fun starting procedure and a few other things for this round that were in place for last year's enduro.

Start will be a rolling start. SC will lead at a faster speed, not to exceed 160 kph, until the final hairpin, where it will slow to pitlane speed. At this point, the field shall form up double-file. The polesitter chooses which side, then 3rd, 5th, 7th, etc follow behind, with 2nd, 4th, 6th, etc alongside. The starting side will be declared before I do /restart.

There is a compulsory pitstop this race. It may not be completed before Lap 3 starts. I will leave Pitlane "Closed" until the window opens. A drive-through will be issued for violation of this.

d
When can the other cars start to overtake? When the green flag is shown or only until green flag is shown AND after you've crossed the start/finish line?

Maybe we could do a practice start in the Free Practice Session?
Quote from Hypothraxer :When can the other cars start to overtake? When the green flag is shown or only until green flag is shown AND after you've crossed the start/finish line?

I'm 99% sure it will be as per a SC restart, and so:
Quote from Rulebook :Rule III.4.f: There is to be no overtaking until you have crossed the start line.

BTW, Deko usually waits quite a while before he throws the green, usually until the leader is nearly at the start line anyway.
will there be 3 starts again?
Quote from Fuse5 :will there be 3 starts again?

We hope not. Especially as it's a 3 min lap at full pelt, let alone behind the SC. If we have 3 starts then half the race will be done before its even started
I will not be there due to being away, and probably wouldn't have bothered anyway as I am concentrating on another series which uses the GTRs - this track isn't on the calendar and its a different restrictions I think, so would be silly - but will attempt to follow the race on remote when I am on a train between Newcastle and Edinburgh.
Quote from boothy :I will not be there due to being away

This is the quote of the year
Right, at the moment we have this season's competitors, plus:
  • Kenneth O'Keefe (racer hero)
  • Craig Taylor (TAYLOR-MANIA) - Last season's champion [possible]
  • James Taylor (Pacesetter) [provided his WR hotlap gets through checks :P]
EDIT: Oi Pacesetter - you said it was a new WR!!!
Quote from J@tko :Right, at the moment we have this season's competitors, plus:
  • Kenneth O'Keefe (racer hero)
  • Craig Taylor (TAYLOR-MANIA) - Last season's champion [possible]
  • James Taylor (Pacesetter) [provided his WR hotlap gets through checks :P]
EDIT: Oi Pacesetter - you said it was a new WR!!!

It is for ppl that use mouse no help , i didnt mean an outright WR!

Here it is: pos Racer ST BH AG SH CL AC DS Laptime
1 pacesetter C kn ¤ ¤ ¤ R 1:03.050
Does that mean i can still race ? :P
If you're deeply in need of an other racer I'd know two guys who may be able to take part... my team mate and me (and my teammate... she's really a beginner )

well, even if I'm not permitted to start I'm seriously thinking of helping admining.

By the way... Isn't deko out for commentating the Masters of Endurance race??? That would mean, Joe is in charge :o

Round 7 Pre-Race Discussion
(149 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG