The online racing simulator
Round 7 Pre-Race Discussion
An endurance race...

It's 1 hour and on AS4. (Aston Historic)

I think that without a decent show of people, this could turn into hotlapping, because the track is epically massive.

Car Engine (Air) Ballast (Weight)
FXO GTR 32% 0kg
FZ50 GTR 28% 0kg
XR GTR 34% 0kg

Quote from JO53PHS :An endurance race...

It's either 20 laps or 1 hour , and I believe it's on AS4... or at least it was in the LFSBC Season 2 Calendar thread, but it was AS5 in the signups thread.

Quote from J@tko :The track is Aston Historic

PS : I will spend the week-end in my grand-parents' house, so I will play with their antic computer, so I will probably be mega-slow.
#3 - J@tko
I don't think I'll be here this weekend, sadly.

However, I might ask some peeps from last season's LFSBC (Taha, Craig, e.t.c) to come back and 'fill the grid' for this round as yes, having a few people will be bad
Good idea! It'll fun to have last season's top people racing against this season's competitors
I won't be there either although driving the safety car makes fun here in the LFSBC ... I will be driving the first Stint in the 16h race (18:00 UTC - 20:00 UTC) So I think you also won't have an Live Broadcast as Timo is driving the second stint (20:00 UTC - 22:00 UTC)
#6 - J@tko
Quote from TFalke55 :as Timo is driving the second stint (20:00 UTC - 22:00 UTC)

:jawdrop:

Somebody was really desperate
Roby can only drive the third stint because of work... then it's me with the fourth... so far are the tactics xD (4th: 00:00 - 02:00 UTC) *cough* that's something xD 2 o'clock in the night til 3 O'clock in the nigh... (it's the night of shifting from summer to winter time)... that's desperate xD
That uphill-chicane will probably lead to some hilarious crashes. Not to mention the death-trap known from Round5...

Somehow it feels like the FZR is the slowest one of those three followed by the FXR and the XRR. Or maybe I just horribly suck driving that car
Hmmm - so the FZR is the slowest and comsumes the largest amount of fuel. Is there any point in actually taking it?
Just take the XRR - It's the fastest, it's more interesting to drive than the FXR, and it's less sluggish and horrible than the FZR
Quote from JO53PHS :Just take the XRR - It's the fastest, it's more interesting to drive than the FXR, and it's less sluggish and horrible than the FZR

You really need to be an alien to be fast with the XRR. It's probably one of the most difficult car of LFS.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :one of the difficultest car of LFS.

Most difficult

You can't use the comparative ending with difficult
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :You really need to be an alien to be fast with the XRR. It's probably one of the most difficult car of LFS.

I found the FZR to be more difficult to be honest. Although I'm kinda scared to used the XRR on that track with the two killer-chicanes.
If I was there I'd use the FXR. It's not the slowest, easy to drive and good economy. But eats tyres.
The restrictions are not GT2 its like GT3 or something lol. 28% O_O
anyone has a good set for any of the cars ? XD

i did 2:34.9x so far with the XRR but my gear ratio is totally crap i think o_o
Quote from J@tko :If I was there I'd use the FXR. It's not the slowest, easy to drive and good economy. But eats tyres.

"In endurance races the playing field is leveled somewhat, as the FXO GTR is easier on its tires than the other two GTR cars and has superior fuel economy."

From the LFS Manual.
Damn thats slow O_O. Every endurance league uses like 20% for FZR O_O.

Haven't been on CTRA much since the changes too heh.
Quote from Hypothraxer :"In endurance races the playing field is leveled somewhat, as the FXO GTR is easier on its tires than the other two GTR cars and has superior fuel economy."

From the LFS Manual.

That's probably Jack's driving
Yeah but we don't have to take on fuel during the race or change tyres, only make a pitstop
Although surely it would make sense to refuel at the pitstop, because you would then be able to carry about half the amount of fuel as you would if you were fueled for the whole race
IIRC pitstops in general are only useful with the real gtrs... so anything slower and a pitstop won't do any good. So I would go with a fast pitstop, no fuel or changes.
GT2 can last 1 hour easily on 1 set of tires and no refuelling. I wouldn't take on anything in the pits and the gain you'd get from carrying half fuel in each stint is too small compared to the gain from making it a stop go.

Round 7 Pre-Race Discussion
(149 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG