The online racing simulator
Made my first G-tech run with my 03 Cobra
(130 posts, closed, started )
It's the next best thing to running at a track. I removed the kenne bell blower, selling it to get the bigger one, so for now it's all stock.

My next run will be by myself, my passenger weighed 275lbs, plus I was easy outa first gear, I think I can pull a 12.6, and a 4.4 0-60. We'll see, I'll run it again very soon. Btw, G-tech is awesome, they're incredibly accurate, to within 1/10 of a second, but usualy even closer, anyways, here's my first run with my new car, my 03 Terminator Cobra-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjqcW4t55JU
Nice, this is my favourite Mustang sound.
Tell me your not doing this on the public roads please...
Quote from blackbird04217 :Tell me your not doing this on the public roads please...

Judging by the youtube description and the appearance of what looks like a roadside grass verge in the video, I'm guessing it's on the public roads...
Quote from youtube description :For those that don't know what a G-tech is, it can tell you your horsepower, torque, 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times, it's great for modding and not having to go to the track each time you make a change to the car. These things are incredibly accurate, especially mine, I hit the same times at the track!

illepall
tthis thing sounds like a electric car lol
Quote from STROBE :Judging by the youtube description and the appearance of what looks like a roadside grass verge in the video, I'm guessing it's on the public roads...

illepall

Mmm, I didn't read the YouTube comment, but really what is it with people doing this crap on the streets... I've had a friend die, and also knew someone who killed his friend and can't live life the same since its with him everyday. Not to mention the other innocent lives that are destroyed or worse in the event that something goes wrong, and they will... Race at a track where the environment is appropriate for it, and more importantly there are no innocent lives at risk.
Public roads? Go to hell you inconsiderate ****. You should have your license revoked.
#9 - G!NhO
thats very nice
Go to a twisty road, drag is for pussies
I bet, these guys who write ''OMG, this is so bad, you can kill somebody, etc etc'' had never sit at normal car (normal car in my opinion is that which can reach 0-100km/h in not more than 7-8 seconds). What he did wrong? He drive at 120mp/h just few seconds, and as I see it was in night, when, I bet, traffic flow is sooooo small. OH YES, he break the law, it's SO illegal! You all really had never drive faster than allowed, never downloaded any single song, only because it's illegal?
I don't popularize illegal things on this forum, but some of these comments made me to smile.

/put my fireproof suit on, ready for flame-posts
Quote from blackbird04217 :Mmm, I didn't read the YouTube comment, but really what is it with people doing this crap on the streets... I've had a friend die, and also knew someone who killed his friend and can't live life the same since its with him everyday. Not to mention the other innocent lives that are destroyed or worse in the event that something goes wrong, and they will... Race at a track where the environment is appropriate for it, and more importantly there are no innocent lives at risk.

I'm sorry you have lost your friend.

But I also have to say that it doesn't matter if there's no traffic and you have a good long visibility. +If you know the road.

I usually drive nice on traffic, but sometimes when I see empty road I just have to push the pedal to the metal for a moment.

Also when you think about it, during passing slower traffic it is also very easy to get to some pretty illegal speeds. I know I do at least.

I don't like that when people do maniac things on traffic, but something like this is pretty harmless.
Quote from Agniz :' had never sit at normal car (normal car in my opinion is that which can reach 0-100km/h in not more than 7-8 seconds).

What he is doing is wrong and irresponsible and I have driven cars that are capable of 0-60 in less than 5 seconds (Mercedes Benz W230 SL55 AMG while working in MB service center, Lancer Evo 8 owned by a buddy of mine)... Furthermore you should know that even a ****hole like Latvia offers ability to go to the track and blow off some steam (333 and Bikernieki) for an affordable pay...

Quote from Agniz :What he did wrong? He drive at 120mp/h just few seconds

Which is enough to kill somebody to death

Quote from Agniz :and as I see it was in night, when, I bet, traffic flow is sooooo small.

and at night the visibility is much much lower so chances are you can't see people who try to cross the road not expecting some idiot to blast at over 200 kph. And if you CAN see them, chances are it's too late

Quote from Agniz :OH YES, he break the law, it's SO illegal! You all really had never drive faster than allowed, never downloaded any single song, only because it's illegal?

1. If I download a song - the victim loses $1,00 or something like that (itunes)
2. If I run someone over at 120 mph - the victim loses any signs of vitality

pfft... not much of a difference, don't you think?

Quote from Agniz :some of these comments made me to smile.

You should comment on that when you see death caused by reckless driving in person... or even worse - a death of a closest friend (like I did) or a relative.... when you see THAT - I'd like you to say "Big deal, he just went 200 kph for a few seconds"
It's not that I wish you to see that (oh no, I'm not THAT much of a bastard), I'd like you to imagine a situation like that.... (By that I mean, take a seat, and imagine somebody dear to you being broken in pieces by a streetracer's car). Think about it...
awhh stupid people that always say "OMG its so dangerous, you can kill somebody with that speed on public roads!" just need to shut the f*ck up!! IMO
Quote from Agniz :I bet, these guys who write ''OMG, this is so bad, you can kill somebody, etc etc'' had never sit at normal car (normal car in my opinion is that which can reach 0-100km/h in not more than 7-8 seconds). What he did wrong? He drive at 120mp/h just few seconds, and as I see it was in night, when, I bet, traffic flow is sooooo small. OH YES, he break the law, it's SO illegal! You all really had never drive faster than allowed, never downloaded any single song, only because it's illegal?
I don't popularize illegal things on this forum, but some of these comments made me to smile.

/put my fireproof suit on, ready for flame-posts

I own a Yamaha R6 bike, whereas that is less likely to hurt someone else if there was a crash, I know how to respectively handle the throttle. I didn't mention about going 5mph over or doing illegal things, stick with the flow of traffic. But it takes quite a distance to stop. a moving object. Like I said though, I don't care much for those that want to put themselves at risk with speed, but they can do that at the track, which is right where I will join them if I get the time, money and resources to do so. However what I do care about is the innocent bystander, not there for the thrill, just crossing the street, or on the ride home crossing a red light that a moron just blew threw into the side... Innocent people are much more at risk, and the road is not the safe place... Use your heads and think about other people.

I'm glad my comments make you smile, since it actually brings back horrid memories.

Quote from BigPeBe :I'm sorry you have lost your friend.

Thanks for the appreciation, I've since got over it but use it as a solid memory that roads are more dangerous than people think. I really glad the other person I talked about though would never read thread because Agniz's comment would have really hit him hard... I can't imagine what he goes through every day.

Speed kills, its a fact. Some of us, probably a lot on this forum is up for that risk, including me. But don't let people who are not up for the risk suffer...

EDIT: After I read this:
Quote from G!NhO :awhh stupid people that always say "OMG its so dangerous, you can kill somebody with that speed on public roads!" just need to shut the f*ck up!! IMO

I figured it was time for anyone with the opinion above to SERIOUSLY consider living life after killing your best friend, and a severally injuring a family in a van when you couldn't stop at a red light since you were busy racing around the streets... It certainly sends shivers up and down my back with the thought, I really can't imagine it though.
Quote from squidhead : Furthermore you should know that even a ****hole like Latvia offers ability to go to the track and blow off some steam (333 and Bikernieki) for an affordable pay...

I know it.

Quote from squidhead : Which is enough to kill somebody to death
and at night the visibility is much much lower so chances are you can't see people who try to cross the road not expecting some idiot to blast at over 200 kph. And if you CAN see them, chances are it's too late

As I can see from that video, he is driving on highway, with high, solid walls at the higway's side. Who wants to climb up the wall and cross the 3 or 4 lines? Possibility that he hit other car in front of him at night is 1:100000. So, he can only kill himself and that friend. I bet, his friend was not forced to sit in the car when DHRammstein is going fast, it was his friends choice and that friend is responsible for that.

Quote from squidhead :1. If I download a song - the victim loses $1,00 or something like that (itunes)
2. If I run someone over at 120 mph - the victim loses any signs of vitality
pfft... not much of a difference, don't you think?

Okay, this was bad comparison, but some guys here thinks, if you doing anything not very right, you immediately are law-breaker.
Like: ''OMG, you downloaded that game, not bought in shop! You should be slapped''. ''OMG, you are speeding! You should be slapped''. ''OMG, you are riding with bicycle, but you dont have lights on it!''
I don't know, but, IMO, some of these guy here thinks it's the same, because in all of these examples you break the law.

Quote from squidhead :You should comment on that when you see death caused by reckless driving in person... or even worse - a death of a closest friend (like I did) or a relative.... when you see THAT - I'd like you to say "Big deal, he just went 200 kph for a few seconds"
It's not that I wish you to see that (oh no, I'm not THAT much of a bastard), I'd like you to imagine a situation like that.... (By that I mean, take a seat, and imagine somebody dear to you being broken in pieces by a streetracer's car). Think about it...

I have see that, my friends brother died in a car crash. It was his fault, and after that my friend said that he never wants to drive fast anymore, but after a year from that, he crashed his car too and was in hospital ~3 months. When he came out he said again old story, but now he is driving fast again. Some guys never learn... And I know lot of peoples like him.
IMHO, most car crashes, where fast driver hit other car, is because the driver are drunk. Okay, don't talk about USA, Squidhead, but, how you think - how much car crashes, in Latvia, with deadly results are causen by just fast driving peoples, and how much by drunk/under drugs peoples who can react 100 or more times slower than normal?
Maybe you unnoticed it, but try to drive in the speed limit. Whats happening? In most times, someone is overtaking you, but any overtake can make a danger situation. So, I dont know what is in USA, but here, if you are not driving at least 15+ km/h faster than speed limit, on road which got only one lane in each direction, it's not safe.
And, yes, drunk drivers should be slapped, these who is going when red light is on, and these who don't wearing seatbelts too (if, I, about 7 years ago havent wearing seatbelt, when my father crashed his car and it rolled over, maybe now I cannot write this text here...), but if you kick the gas pedal in the floor at good road with no traffic and you got good car with good tyres (not old, rusty BMW, which have relatively powerful engine, but bad brakes, bad suspension and worn out tyres), I don't see anything SO wrong it this...
Quote from G!NhO :awhh stupid people that always say "OMG its so dangerous, you can kill somebody with that speed on public roads!" just need to shut the f*ck up!! IMO

The only people that need to shut the f*ck up are those such as yourself that trivialise playing god with innocent people's lives. IMO.
Quote from STROBE :The only people that need to shut the f*ck up are those such as yourself that trivialise playing god with innocent people's lives. IMO.

i dont have a driving license yet, but i just get sick of people think like that.
Quote from G!NhO :i dont have a driving license yet

With your attitude, I hope you never get one.
Quote from G!NhO :i dont have a driving license yet

Thank heavens, Netherlands is safe...... for now...
Quote :Speed kills...

Speed doesn't kill, inappropriate speed for the conditions kills. Whether 120mph on an empty freeway is inappropriate is a whole other issue.
#23 - Jakg
At the end of the day speed is dangerous - the faster you go the more dangerous something like the wheels braking could kill you and theres nothing you can do about it.

On a long staight deserted road at night it is more dangerous to do 100 than to do 50, but at the same time it's a hell of a lot more dangerous to do 40 - 45 through a 30 MPH village, and yet people seem to do that all the time.

EDIT - FWIW I have no intention to speed massively in my car, but if I had a fast car and an empty bit of road I can't see the harm in opening the taps up for a short burst...

EDIT 2# - Just around the corner from me is a dead straight 2-mile long road, you can see straight down it, and while there the speed limit is 60 it would be fine to stop and do a run from 0 - 80 there because it's not busy...
Quote from blackbird04217 :I own a Yamaha R6 bike, whereas that is less likely to hurt someone else if there was a crash, I know how to respectively handle the throttle. I didn't mention about going 5mph over or doing illegal things, stick with the flow of traffic. But it takes quite a distance to stop. a moving object. Like I said though, I don't care much for those that want to put themselves at risk with speed, but they can do that at the track, which is right where I will join them if I get the time, money and resources to do so. However what I do care about is the innocent bystander, not there for the thrill, just crossing the street, or on the ride home crossing a red light that a moron just blew threw into the side... Innocent people are much more at risk, and the road is not the safe place... Use your heads and think about other people.

He didn't race through a shopping mall or the city center. It was a deserted highway at night. There's no-one to kill but yourself.
the road he was on looks like the road I usually open up on: Long and straight for 5 miles with no intersections or driveways. Are you people trying to say that even that is toying with people's lives? There is no one there but me and I suspect similar conditions for rammstein. Give him a god damn break.
This thread is closed

(130 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG