The online racing simulator
Contest : Invent your own track !
Hi everybody !

Tired of seeing the suggestion thread board spoiled with not fully-thought suggestions, I decided to offer you the possibility of making your own track !
Let's be sure, you won't be able to include it in LFS now, but creating it well might help it be included in the game.

Let me clarify some things : the questions you might be asking yourself is "If the devs don't want to include new tracks in LFS, why should I bore myself "designing it" instead of just giving the idea about one kind of track, because the result will be the same". This statement is FALSE.

The more details you give about your track, the better chance it will have to be included in the game or to serve as an inspiration source for Eric. The way to do it is simple. You just have to fill the form, which will help giving as much details as you can to give the most precise idea of the track. You are not required to fill all of the fields if you don't feel like, but some are mandatory (in bold ) to be registered in the contest.

I will list all of them below and will start a new thread with a poll in a couple of weeks when we have enough diversity to allow the community to show which they prefer (and wish to be included in LFS).

So, here are the details you need to give us to enter the contest :
Quote :
Track Name :
Number of layouts :
Surface Type : (Asphalt, Gravel, other - precise which)
Location : (Either a track built-on purpose or an on-road track, like SO - if it is the case, please tell us where (city/country/...)
General scenery surrounding the place : (spectator seats/buildings/mountain/forest/sea/...)
Map : (the path like in the LFS Track Selection menu / details such as elevation - - with the value in feet/meters - , width of the road, length of the straight(s), sectors/splits, scenery - bridge/trees/type of run-off area if applicable/... - , pits, banking of the corners... are not mandatory but VERY WELCOME (and better chances for you to be elected)).
Scenery of each part of the track : (Fern Bay Black has different scenery / SO alternate between highway and narrow street)
Grip level : (1 to 10, 10 being the grippiest)
Which car class is it suitable for ? : (either Street/GTR/Formulas or individual classes -UF1/XFG-XRG/Baby-GTR/...)
Which weather/hour : (like "Cloudy Sunset" or "Clear Day" / NO NIGHT OR RAIN)
Can you help design/model/draw a small image of it ? :

REMEMBER ! Only genuinely new tracks will be accepted as part of the contest. New layouts on existing venues, such as "Westhill 1950's", no matter how good they are, don't fit into this category !

The more you think about your track, the better chances it has to be elected by the community/selected by the devs !

Good luck everyone, and please come with interesting tracks for all the community ! Please be original, especially about the scenery, to help create a better experience than the one we already have !
I will update periodically this topic when I have new suggestions !

Sincerely yours,

Zen321
List of submitted tracks
- Sidious X - Noname circuit : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=945266#post945266
- Flame_CZE - Colago Race track : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=946055#post946055
- Jimmy Lemon - Chantelham Speedway : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=946055#post946055
- chunkyracer - Estonza : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=946787#post946787
- Profet - Vanilla Park : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=948489#post948489
Lol - You used my picture
Quote from JO53PHS :Lol - You used my picture

Yeah, sorry about not quoting it, I wrote the thread in a hurry, but I actually like the idea of the heights lines
You could use Bob's track builder for this. It's extremely easy to use and quite stable as well.

As for the track designing, judging how well track drives is very hard by just looking at a picture. With the builder you can check it in rf which already tells a lot.

As for the track to be selected by the devs you know the chance is non-existent. There are limitless amount of these 2d-drawings of tracks available in the intarwebs and it takes 5 secs to draw one. If you really want to see serious track designs you want more than just some pretty 2d art
My track

All info is in the image below.
Attached images
Colago.jpg
Colago_LFS.jpg
wow very nice graphic design!!

But start/finish line are too near from first corner
hmm,nice circuit
good job Flame i would love to see that track in game very wll thought out
Thank you guys for your interest and your quick reply

The two tracks posted above are great, and I wish you luck (I edited the OP to update the list) for being elected as the best track and hopefully help me do some lobbying to get the devs work on this project !

Good luck, and keep posting
Chantelham speedway

Heres my lfs track plans, 2mile D shape oval, low turn 1 and 2 banking on the oval so you slide up the track alot, fairly high banking on the last 2 turns befor going up towards the finish again, would be planning on reaching 180-190 mph tops on this track in a stock car if lfs had one.

and as for the infield, turn 1 really fast entry into turn two where it tightens up to the left onto the longest streight on the infield, into a double apex right hander, then its just the KY national track untill the right hander befor the chicane, and as for the chicane it would be a really slow one so you have to break alot for entry, then onto a bit of a streight then a left hander then a bent streight a tad onto the oval for the start finish

the oval would have a huge grandstand all the way around it like bristol motorspeedway so you could see the whole track, the oval would be concreete and the infield just asphalt
Attached images
chantelham speedway.jpg
Quote from Jimmy_Lemon :Chantelham speedway

Heres my lfs track plans, 2mile D shape oval, low turn 1 and 2 banking on the oval so you slide up the track alot, fairly high banking on the last 2 turns befor going up towards the finish again, would be planning on reaching 180-190 mph tops on this track in a stock car if lfs had one.

and as for the infield, turn 1 really fast entry into turn two where it tightens up to the left onto the longest streight on the infield, into a double apex right hander, then its just the KY national track untill the right hander befor the chicane, and as for the chicane it would be a really slow one so you have to break alot for entry, then onto a bit of a streight then a left hander then a bent streight a tad onto the oval for the start finish

the oval would have a huge grandstand all the way around it like bristol motorspeedway so you could see the whole track, the oval would be concreete and the infield just asphalt

daytona anyone? Great tracks guys!!
Just a little mix between Monza and Estoril...
In black the main layout and in blue a secondary, shorter layout.
Attached images
estonza.jpg
Quote from chunkyracer :Just a little mix between Monza and Estoril...
In black the main layout and in blue a secondary, shorter layout.

Lol! Love it! Absolute genius, well done!
Thank you Jimmy and chunkyracer for your submissions !
You're in the list

Keep up the good work guys !
wow, a loop! yes!
Hi !

Vanilla Park

Layouts : 5 (+5 rev)
- Grand Prix (BF1, FO8, GTR) : asphalt / Grip 9 / New style track
- Historic (BF1, FO8, GTR) : asphalt / Grip 9-6 / New style track with old style parts.
- Club (baby GTR, TBO, LX, RA, FZ, FBM, FXR) : asphal / Grip 9
- Junior (UF1, XFG, XRG, TBO, LX, RA, FZ) : asphalt / Grip 9
- Rallycross : (UF1, XFG, XRG, TBO, LX, RA, FZ) : clay-asphalt / Grip ...

what it could look like (to associate with the numbers on the image) :
1/
2/
3/
having a track in black and white wouldn't add to the realism me finx
Thank you Profet for your very detailed submission.

List edited !

Keep up the good work and keep posting guys

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG