The online racing simulator
Racing Trucks in LFS
(91 posts, started )
Racing Trucks in LFS
I was just thinking, wouldn't it be nice if there were one of those 1000hp racing trucks in LFS.
It would be a nice change a nd a nice challenge.
What are your ideas?
I dunno wheter to agree or not, just DO NOT give it to demo racers...

Maybe it could be addition stuff that can be put in when S2 is finished. Not really required while it's in progress.
Sorry for OT, but I wonder what your signature shall mean... is this a snail on a broomstick flying in reverse?

greetz

der butz
Suggested a few times, but I'd absolutely LOVE racing trucks.

+10000
It's been posted once or twice before but it's still a good idea. One thing that would need to be factored in is the water cooled brakes though.
muahaha i can imagine T1 with racing trucks

but yeah, i tried them on rfactor, they are pretty fun! +1
Given that they are restricted to 160 km/h it's not the speed that's the problem - it's the sheer momentum.
yeah, it would be cool. + no 1 can say thats not racing bcaus truck race has also some series

Quote from Furiously-Fast :I dunno wheter to agree or not, just DO NOT give it to demo racers...

+10000000 imaginge fbm vs truck
Quote from duke_toaster :Given that they are restricted to 160 km/h it's not the speed that's the problem - it's the sheer momentum.

The speed limiter could be optional.

I'd love race truck. Actually I'd even prefer having the road version + the race one.
Quote from DevilDare :muahaha i can imagine T1 with racing trucks

but yeah, i tried them on rfactor, they are pretty fun! +1

Pretty difficult to drive them (on rF), but its still good idea +1
glad 2 see that I am not the only one who thinks it might work, and ja a road going version and a race version would be gr8. Mabe the truck could be something along the lines of a Peter Built, those trucks are the top performers as far as i know( the one with the nice boxy nose)
It would be nice but don't ignore the "wet track effect". Each race truck has water-cooled brake system with 200 litres of water tanks capacity. Every race weekend 2000 litres of water requires per truck. Thus this is too hard to implement into LFS nowadays.
lfs doesn't need to be that realistic but a long wheel based vehicle is fun !!
+999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999.99
++++++infinite!!!!!

I would love to race a big truck.
Would be fun!
But on the straights you would be sitting there doing whatever you do on straights (another thread i read)
daakkkar ;D +23.5
those things are INSANE id love to have a vehicle that big and fast, would be cheater for banger servers though
This idea is made from WIN.
This idea is made of fail! (Imo)
I'd defenately like to see racing trucks with good physics. Lots of power, lots of weight and not so much grip = fun. Kinda like FZ50 with the cabin higher
I always support this idea when it crops up. Some of the first ever motorsport events I went too were the Thruxton Festivals of Speed, and the trucks were my favourite. That was before the UK series lost all the great teams and trucks to the European series, so the trucks would actually shake the grandstands and you had to be careful if you had eaten, because they would shake your stomach everytime they thunder past.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :This idea is made of fail! (Imo)

I'm wondering, what makes you think trucks in LFS would fail?
Quote from rusty8 :daakkkar ;D +23.5

Not Dakar type trucks we are talking about - we are talking about trucks that race on tarmac.
There's no reason for it, just personally I'm against it. Not like I'd run around screaming "ZOMG LFS IS NOOB" if they did, I'd probbably enjoy them but I'd rather have more cars.
after the chriroco and graphical updates id rather se new tracks

so -1

Racing Trucks in LFS
(91 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG