The online racing simulator
Some ideas
(16 posts, started )
Some ideas
Hello

I have some ideas for the next version.

1) No limit more for layouts ( 500 )
2) More layouts object ( cruise-object.. )
3) No lag anymore

ty
No lag anymore? :doh:

The only way you could do that is to ask people to get better internet connections, but it would still not be totally eliminated.
1. Suggested before. It's a limitation of the graphics engine.

2. More layout objects will hopefully come with a new patch, or at least S3. I think that's a unique suggestion though, so +1

3. Buy more internetz?
I have a 30MB connection, and a Core 2 duo PC , so yeah..

So more than 500 is impossible ?
Quote from RAM0011 :Hello

I have some ideas for the next version.

1) No limit more for layouts ( 500 )
2) More layouts object ( cruise-object.. )
3) No lag anymore

ty

What is a cruise-object?
Quote from RAM0011 :I have a 30MB connection, and a Core 2 duo PC , so yeah..

So more than 500 is impossible ?

You can have a 30GB/S connection if you like, it plays a minor part in your lag. If you live in Australia for example, and connect to US servers, you're going to have hella lag regardless of connection speed.

More than 500 what?
Cruise object , Like Road signs ect..

500 object , the limit is 500
Oh...It's impossible for now, until the graphics engine is re-written. But that's supposed going to be done for S3 anyway
You can have 512 objects.

And lag isnt just the internet. Its a natural phenomenon. You'd have to redo every thing in life to get rid of lag
Quote from RAM0011 :Cruise object , Like Road signs ect..

You will never see those in LFS, trust me.

And please don't use the abbreviation 'etc.' if you clearly have no clue what it is an abbreviation of...
Oh please get rid of the lag in LFS. It is indeed a huge problem. Never mind the fact that I raced on fairly busy servers and in leagues with 56k dialup without ever having a problem for years. Connecting from Australia to US servers you say? How about one guy in the US on 56k racing with another guy from Australia on 28k along with others that were connected? I didn't have a problem racing with a 28k guy with my 56k, why all of a sudden is LFS so full of lag?
What I meant was, it's latency and your pings that will determine your lag. Not your connection speed. Unless you have the laggiest dial-up ever conceived, and you're downloading a movie or whatever. Then the speed will become an issue. Over long distances (like Australia to US) lag can quite easily happen just because of the distance. My pings to UK servers are less than 30ms, but to US servers are usually well over 400ms.

I'm also wondering where is the lag. In the last 4 months I've had lag once, for all of 20 seconds. And we have wireless
Quote from mrodgers :Oh please get rid of the lag in LFS. It is indeed a huge problem. Never mind the fact that I raced on fairly busy servers and in leagues with 56k dialup without ever having a problem for years. Connecting from Australia to US servers you say? How about one guy in the US on 56k racing with another guy from Australia on 28k along with others that were connected? I didn't have a problem racing with a 28k guy with my 56k, why all of a sudden is LFS so full of lag?

Are you serious? O_O Although I do believe lag isn't a problem that LFS can solve (unless its the FPS but even then it's pretty smooth for any computer.. or at least can be.) I've been running on 5 mbps connection (download speed advertised 7 mbps) and in leagues like IGTC where theres like 25 cars or more on the track racing plus people connection and disconnecting constantly and it just won't resist. My other connection (at my moms) is more stable but only gets 140 kbps download speeds and in servers with less people its better then the other connection but again when I get to a full server it gets pretty bad. Most of the times I start to get the ''MP replay stash space recovered'' and stuff like that.

And btw, to stay a bit on topic, those suggestions have been made before(apart from the awkward lag one).
Quote from evilpimp :Are you serious?

Serious about what? The fact that I joined in March 2005 and played on 56k dialup until May of 2007 (I think)? Sure, I couldn't join in on a new-since-I-went-broadband 43 car server, but I played with up to 18 connections just fine (23 was max in LFS back then). I played on servers in the US, UK, France, Germany, and anywhere else you can probably think of with my 56k.

Oh, and that was also on both a Celeron 667 MHz and later a P4 2.5 GHz with a very old PCI 9250 graphics card. I wouldn't try running my 667 MHz Celeron online now as the graphics have increased and gotten better since, but it still runs the current patch at 30+ FPS in single player.

LFS is neither system spec intensive, nor bandwidth intensive. If you get 5 FPS, it's been time to upgrade the computer probably for the past 10 years...
Quote from dougie-lampkin :What I meant was, it's latency and your pings that will determine your lag. Not your connection speed. Unless you have the laggiest dial-up ever conceived, and you're downloading a movie or whatever. Then the speed will become an issue. Over long distances (like Australia to US) lag can quite easily happen just because of the distance. My pings to UK servers are less than 30ms, but to US servers are usually well over 400ms.

I'm also wondering where is the lag. In the last 4 months I've had lag once, for all of 20 seconds. And we have wireless

Which is funny, seeing my ping to UK servers is 170~.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Which is funny, seeing my ping to UK servers is 170~.

I have very dodgy wireless. But strangely it doesn't affect me at all in European servers. As soon as I connect across the pond though, massive pings and lag spikes...

Some ideas
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG