The online racing simulator
No matter how hard i try to control the throttle it just wants to ovetake the rest of the car Looks like i may have to miss FP1 due to me forgetting im out on the day
Ohbytheway !

Because my life schedule now frees me to do them, I will start finally doing all needed FP sessions, as per the schedule when the signups opened

FP 1 will be THIS SATURDAY, August 23rd at 19:00 UTC, lasting for one hour.

FP 2 will be THIS SUNDAY, August 24th at 19:00 UTC, lasting for one hour.

FP 3 will be held for one hour, at 17:00 UTC, lasting one hour, giving a one hour break before qualification starts.

d
Just to clarify for myself but UTC is currently 1 hour behind GMT right? so for me FP will be at 8pm GMT and everyone else in the UK :P
UTC=GMT

BST (British summer time) = UTC/GMT +1
Looks like this day out is turning into a weekender. Count me out of FP1 and 2 however i have next weekend dedicated to LFS
I think this could be a total bogey track for me, I can't find a car I like the feel of and I'm lapping at around 2:08
Best i have managed in the FXO is 2:02 and thats with the race_s setup! can't find any others but im pretty comfy with it :P
Ahaa, teaminferno have one which can manage a 1:58 cheers mate
You're welcome
I go for FXO becaus i want to race with my newest bleach skinpack edition
Ahaa, team inferno have one which "a racing God" can manage a 1:58 cheers mate
The problem is that a 2:00 is doable with these setups for me - but I can't drive 12 laps doing this time.
I think we could all be making pit stops in this race.
Quote from Mike Bingo :I think we could all be making pit stops in this race.

Bad idea. I'm sure that by switching your driving style and set you'll manage to make them last with faily fast laptimes.
The XRT seems to be more forgiving regarding the tyres than the FXO. At least that's what I've seen today at FP1.
I don't have any time to practice on the XRT though so FXO it is (not to mention I'd have to doodle a skin for the XRT as well).
Quote from Hypothraxer :The XRT seems to be more forgiving regarding the tyres than the FXO. At least that's what I've seen today at FP1.
I don't have any time to practice on the XRT though so FXO it is (not to mention I'd have to doodle a skin for the XRT as well).

You should never worry about skins, last year , somebody went on to paint and just wrote there name on the car , main thing i'd worry about is practice.
Tbh XRT is at a HUGE dissadvantage in this. Not only is it 1 second off the pace but on top of that it has more ballast if you chose it then the FXO. FXO is faster (a lot) and once the front tires heat up like crazy then you match the XRT's initial performance with good tires. So really XRT should just be X'd :P Almost no chance of winning in that heh. FXO in that combo's faily easy to drive, yes it does heat up the tires but that can be reduced just by driving a bit more smoothly and some setup tweaking.

I was at the FP(1) I think it was 1 today and the difference between was way too big between FXO and XRT and anyone who actually wants to win will have a WAY bigger chance in the FXO.
Quote from pacesetter :You should never worry about skins, last year , somebody went on to paint and just wrote there name on the car , main thing i'd worry about is practice.

Since I'm not gifted with god-like driving talent I'm rather losing with some sort of style than without style at all
heya ppl... is anyone attending FP2 tonight? how did things go like last night? are we gonna get a variety of cars, or is everyone going with FXO and running a pit
Once I start in car do I have to use it for the rest of that round?
Quote from Mike Bingo :Once I start in car do I have to use it for the rest of that round?

If the rule hasn't changed, you do have to choose a car sometime before the quali... For now you can use whichever you want.
I've been thinking about it and I now have a game plan

I think
You must declare your car choice by the start of the final Free Practice session.

It's also nice if you post your car choice here.

The car you use during the final FP is the one you are automatically considered to have selected, and using a different one in the other two sessions after may result in penalty.

d
Quote from dekojester :
The car you use during the final FP is the one you are automatically considered to have selected, and using a different one in the other two sessions after may result in penalty.

d

Sorry, I don't really understand here. So that mean that if I chose XRT in FP1, I can't switch to FXO for FP3, quali and race?

PS : I didn't see the server for FP2 tonight.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG