The online racing simulator
Round 3 Pre-Race Discussion
Hey all !

So Round 3 is in two weeks' time from Kyoto National, with the TBO class cars, for 12 Laps.

Talk about it here. Ballast will be updated soon.

d
I'm not sure if I'll make it to this one. If I do I won't be able to practice as much as for round 2 - so I expect to finish somewhere between last and second to last :b
-
(D.Zanetti) DELETED by D.Zanetti
#3 - CSF
Hmmmm FXO or XRT....
I suck in the XRT and I'm not much better with the FXO round KY2 anyway. Can't get the last corner right going out onto the oval
Quote from D.Zanetti :Ill be there, looking forward to it, the track is not to hard to get to grips with and nice and wide for some good overtaking opportunity's. David, im sure you'll be putting the pressure on.

My concern are the tyres - in the FXO the left front tyre starts burning after lap 5 or so. But let's see.
#6 - CSF
What server are you guys running on to practice?
I'll try and get a server to stick with one combo for the next few weeks
When will the results from round 2 be made official and when will the points table be updated?
Quote from Mike Bingo :When will the results from round 2 be made official and when will the points table be updated?

Monday at the earliest, Wednesday at the latest.

d
ill be damned if i can get my set to last even 8 laps!! nothing i do saves the left front!!!
Quote from Dizzydarryn :ill be damned if i can get my set to last even 8 laps!! nothing i do saves the left front!!!

I have this problem too, I can't do more than 6-7 laps, with my heavy ballast ! I tried setupgrid, setupfield..... and there is always the same problem.
yeah ive also been playing with those sets. best ive managed is 59.3 but then set only last 3-4 laps... oh dear im in huge trouble...
I don't even have a set-up for the car yet, need to get some serious practise in and see what work and what doesn't
-
as far as i understand, ballast is standard and based on the cars weight. their is no handicapping in the TBO class...

FXO might be the fastest but its not gonna last a race distance!!!! unless im missing something
-
#15 - CSF
The suspension needs tweaked too. KY2 is a horrible track for FWD, but it will work out...eventually.
You serious... i had a feeling it was down to a camber issue but i couldnt remember what the key was to get that live camber thing up while driving. i only played around with pressure. Im at work at the moment, but maybe sometime tonight?
-
yup, im GMT +2. I should be home by 7 30 my time. u guys have a server? i think i can get my hands on an S.A. server if we cant come right
-
(Rdcranno) DELETED by Rdcranno : wrong username
-
Lol... yeah u right... we'll just pull in and post what server, although, we could probably see the server name under the persons nick hey.

See you later!
FRO|FormulaRacing|NDR has been set to the Round 3 Combination.

This will be the server for the remainder of the LFSBC Season (I hope)

And as per the regulations, the ballast for cars is based off the weight of the car without fuel or driver. We do not do any intra-class balancing, ballast is based off of current overall championship points, as per the regulations (Which you should have read and known that that is how they are calculated, as well as many many other things pertinent to your involvement in this series.)

d
Does anyone have a setup for the RB4?
Quote from Oaker :Does anyone have a setup for the RB4?

Same for me, I'll trade for a fast and stable FBM set the gear ratios may need a bit of work for westhill
sorry i couldnt make the prac last night guys. just got home far too late from work
Well hopefully this will be my first race (on reserve list) just been practising in the XR and FXO but couldn't keep the back end in line for the XRT FXO it is for me!
It's a double edged sword is the, I can't control the back end of the XRT and the front tyres don't last long enough to keep a decent pace for the race in FXO
Quote from Mike Bingo :It's a double edged sword is the, I can't control the back end of the XRT and the front tyres don't last long enough to keep a decent pace for the race in FXO

If you have a really big problem ith your tyres, you can always stop in the middle of the race, I know, that will ruin your race, but I think it's the only way to race with FXO. Personnally, even I have some difficulties to control the back of the XRT too, I think I will use it, because it's quite easy to save the tyres with it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG