The online racing simulator
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Sorry, I don't really understand here. So that mean that if I chose XRT in FP1, I can't switch to FXO for FP3, quali and race?

PS : I didn't see the server for FP2 tonight.

You may use whaver car you want in FPs 1 and 2, but the car you use for FP3 is the one you are considered automatically to use for the race.

Joe turned on Canreset. You can always search for my username online in "Find user Online" to get to the server.

d
No, I did not turn on canreset, it was already on when I got there, stop blaming me.
Quote from JO53PHS :No, I did not turn on canreset, it was already on when I got there, stop blaming me.

We are blaming you... or at least i am! and you have to let me blame you... cause of that most epic of all FAILS!!!! lol

...anyone heard of the SC driver needing a license before being appointed???

Hey, keep quiet about the whole license thing and I'll buy you a beer
I think I got that incident recorded

On a different note: It would be nice if more people would show up for the FP1 & 2 sessions. Nothing like scaring your opponents to death with fast lap times - eh Dizzydarryn?
Quote from dekojester :
Joe turned on Canreset.

Actually I did that earlier yesterday. Forgot that. But what the hell does it have to do with anything?
I iz back

I'll probs not be at round 3 either

But if I am, I'll be using my trusty old RB4.
So where teh EFFING hell have you been, nub?
Quote from Hypothraxer :I think I got that incident recorded

On a different note: It would be nice if more people would show up for the FP1 & 2 sessions. Nothing like scaring your opponents to death with fast lap times - eh Dizzydarryn?

Lol... sorry man :-) I was just trying to join in the fun!

I really managed to find a neat race and quali set. Ive had time for this event to try things unlike the previous 2 events. Just managed to make the ballast work for me i guess. But who knows, race day is always a different story!
Glad i'm in for the race this weekend defo going for FXO, can't stop the wheels spinning for the XRT. My skin consists of a number board in the required places and thats it! cant do anything fancy in PS yet
This will be an interesting race.

Tyres shouldn't be too much of an issue, but you never know hehe.

KY2 doesn't have that many clear cut passing places, but if you're driving the RB4 you're gonna have a big disadvantage coming into T1 - FXOs are just gonna pass you left right and centre

T1 Lap 1 may be carnage - I wouldn't be surprised to see a few people cutting across the gravel to avoid the mess

The big left hander in the middle of the track really kills your tyres - and those in the XRT may be at a slight advantage here.
Quote from J@tko :T1 Lap 1 may be carnage - I wouldn't be surprised to see a few people cutting across the gravel to avoid the mess

Yep, keep it as calm as you can through here, but you gotta take risks, or you won't win. Luckily, the lap is 2 minutes, and at that point, I'll have about 90 seconds to decide whether or not to deploy the SC if there is a big first-turn schemozzle and people get beached. I doubt there'll be too much issue here, but if someone is in the beach, and I determine it's a place where others might easily slot into as well, I will deploy the SC. But if you're out of the way, we'll stay full green.

d
FXO for me.
#64 - CSF
Heads up that I might not be there on Sat as I am on IGTC duty for SR.
XRT for me
Quote from Dizzydarryn :Lol... sorry man :-) I was just trying to join in the fun!

You know - it would only be half as scary if you had 50% less ballast. But this way it scares me to no end haha.
Yay ! Race this weekend ! Hope everyone's been practicing. :-)

So attached is an image file marking turn numbers as I will refer to them if need be. I've been meaning to do this for a while. :-)

d
Attached images
KY2.png
I won't be there

GL to everyone else, and i WILL be there for Round 4, which is one of my favourites

BTW Deko, very nice
It can't come quick enough can't wait for my first race with you guys. My only target is not to be the slowest one out there!
Quote from Hypothraxer :You know - it would only be half as scary if you had 50% less ballast. But this way it scares me to no end haha.

Lol... its not that bad. I was only 0.2 quicker than you were. who knows over a race distance. Slip stream is gonna make up for the 0.2 :-)

@deko... Nice job... there a reason there is no Oval 2?
Quote from Dizzydarryn :@deko... Nice job... there a reason there is no Oval 2?

It's the second corner of the Oval, which isn't on the National layout

(Yes that took me a while too )
Quote from dekojester :Yay ! Race this weekend ! Hope everyone's been practicing. :-)

So attached is an image file marking turn numbers as I will refer to them if need be. I've been meaning to do this for a while. :-)

d

Did you make that from scratch, nick it from somewhere, or trace over a print screen of LFS Remote?
Getting closer! just out of interest, is there a password for Vent? if so i haven't been told them if i could be enlightened that would be wonderful.
No, there is no password (except in really unusual circumstances, eg. deliberate attacs by a l33thaxxor, then the server is pwd'd for a short period of time).

Check that you have the settings correct. You must have a username. However, double usernames are not allowed. Funnily enough though, the second user who connects with the same name is allowed to stay (by default) and the first one gets kicked

Check that your server settings are correct. The server name is irrelevant, but hostname/IP-address is vt.fragmaster.net

The port number is 3808. You can also connect automatically, by using the direct link at http://www.fragmaster.net/vt

Note that in the main window (the big white area below name, server and bindings, and next to connect and setup buttons) it should say: "MSG: Server is available. Press connect"
Kl, thanks buddy been a while since i used Vent but i should get on fine with it!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG