The online racing simulator
To many Cruise Servers.
(86 posts, started )
#1 - sun
To many Cruise Servers.
Hi,

The reason i am posting this is because i think there are over to many cruise servers in the Live For Speed Simulator. When i last checked there was over 5-6 servers running and is making more people want to make cruise InSims. Soon in 3-4 years time lfs will be covered in over 20-30 cruise servers and people would stop playing the game. I stopped mine because Sean told me about you needed to learn to programm so i did go off and learn. But when i came back there was alot of cruise servers running. So i stopped because people just liked other ones and went on them and more and more people want to make cruise servers. LFS is supposed to be about Racing; other people in the LFS game it self. I 'am NOT complaining to: LTC, CLC, TC, WC; Those are the current popular cruise servers on the game so four is ENOUGH. If people aggree with me you are welcome to post a thread, and help me to stop these cruise servers from spreading into the LFS Server list. Lets end to this and put a STOP THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL!
Kinda hypocritical on yourself, but i agree aswell.

Ive heard reasons from people why they make their own cruise servers. The response they give - "I want all the money to myself, and i dont want to work for it".
#3 - sun
pathetic isnt it...
#4 - Sage
I agree, only four or five is enough. I'm just getting back into LFS after a long (over a year) break, and I want to race, not cruise. Ocassionally I'd stop by just for something different, but I personally wouldn't want to log in one day to see the list of servers dominated by cruise servers. IMO, that isn't what LFS is about.
We all know this problem is here, but making a new thread (especially in the Program/InSim Requests Forum :razz won't fix it.

Personally, I don't think it's much of a problem. The 3 major servers (CLC, LTC & TC) are all here to stay, unless something prevents them from doing so. So there's no point giving out about them, as you've said. The others though, seem to come and go all of the time, but very very rarely struggle to have more than a couple of people online, meaning they're not a problem. The empty ones don't show in anyone's list (honestly, who leaves the empty filter on??), and so aren't a problem.

At the end of the day, if anyone is annoyed by cruise servers, turn the filter off. I see now that Scawen made that button for a very good reason

Now if we could have a drift filter too, I could kiss Scawen
Quote from dougie-lampkin :We all know this problem is here, but making a new thread (especially in the Program/InSim Requests Forum :razz won't fix it.

Personally, I don't think it's much of a problem. The 3 major servers (CLC, LTC & TC) are all here to stay, unless something prevents them from doing so. So there's no point giving out about them, as you've said. The others though, seem to come and go all of the time, but very very rarely struggle to have more than a couple of people online, meaning they're not a problem. The empty ones don't show in anyone's list (honestly, who leaves the empty filter on??), and so aren't a problem.

At the end of the day, if anyone is annoyed by cruise servers, turn the filter off. I see now that Scawen made that button for a very good reason

Now if we could have a drift filter too, I could kiss Scawen

what about a drag filter?

(while i'm at it, what's with all the BL GP drag servers? we do have a drag strip...)
This wasn't suitable for the programming requests subforum. Moved to GD.
Quote from the_angry_angel :This wasn't suitable for the programming requests subforum. Moved to GD.

and now you made me read it!! GRRRR!!!

my thoughts on Cruise servers: i go into CLC from time to time, a refreshing change... only ever join it by direct link and simply dont go in the rest. The filters are there for a reason and they work well.

One could say there are too many race servers in LFS !! (but that would be completely stupid.. so ignore this entire line)

Conclusion:

If you dont want cruise servers, Don't play in them. who has the right to say "you cannot play in this way on this game Regardless that the server owner has specified these rules in which people should play by in this server"

Find it quite simple to avoid.
I dont play so often, but I want to race, however I am so bad, I often cause collisions. This is usually out of lack of confidence on the track. In order to get familiar with nearly every car and it's physics, crusing allows a casual environment for me to be familliarized with the physics engine as well as different setups and car handling.

Besides, there are tons of servers, but only a few are really used. Host your own and play often, or find a server to play on, or else you can't complain.
LFS is still reasonably free of the 'empty server disease'. Look at games like Counter-Strike. There's probably like 30000 servers up at any given time, about 27000 of which are empty, or full of bots.

But, seriously, I don't see what's the problem about this. Don't want to see empty servers? Filter it. Don't want to see cruise/private servers? Filter them...

How hard can it be?
Quote from sun :...and help me to stop these cruise servers from spreading into the LFS Server list. Lets end to this and put a STOP THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL!...

Anyone is free to create an InSim application, and anyone is free to join a server running that application. If there are more cruising applications than racing applications, then that is probably reflecting some trends in the current LFS users population.

Trying to impose your will and inciting fracture in the LFS community aren't going to reverse that trend I expect.

Maybe you could try to work up the smarts to create the next killer racing app instead...
#12 - Woz
Quote from sun :SNIP

Pot, kettle, black.

I want to make a cruise server but so do others. Other people should not do what I want to.

ROTF
Well, i agree. I understand why some of you doesnt like cruise servers. But CLC. LTC and TC have been around more than most servers in LFS. We bring new people to lfs and making the game more popular. But.. all those never ending newcoming cruise servers. When do they stop. As Ash said in the first post its allways poeople who is either too lazy to make the money them self and doesnt like our so "unreasneble" rules, or its people who are banned from the bigger cruise servers and wanna teach us a "lesson"... with our own layout in a slighty modified way

I would hate if there was a complete stop to cruise servers on lfs, as its where i do my driving. But it would be nice with some kind of limit
#14 - Woz
Quote from Zyrez :Well, i agree. I understand why some of you doesnt like cruise servers. But CLC. LTC and TC have been around more than most servers in LFS. We bring new people to lfs and making the game more popular. But.. all those never ending newcoming cruise servers. When do they stop. As Ash said in the first post its allways poeople who is either too lazy to make the money them self and doesnt like our so "unreasneble" rules, or its people who are banned from the bigger cruise servers and wanna teach us a "lesson"... with our own layout in a slighty modified way

I would hate if there was a complete stop to cruise servers on lfs, as its where i do my driving. But it would be nice with some kind of limit

You post that after my last post.

Anyone is free to create any mod they want. Why should YOU be allowed to run one but nobody else is allowed to create a crise server.

I am not a fan of any of the cruise servers BUT I would never want to stop people creating mods for LFS no matter what they are.

You just sound p***ed off because other cruise servers mean players spread over more servers.

STEP UP and make your server better if you want more players. That is how competition works. If someone comes up with something better you will lose the players so keep yours fresh.

MODS: Can we close this thread of existing cruise server admins bitching and trying to close others down because they cant stand the heat?
and IMO, since when a server is on dosen't matter so much, bringing something new brings many people. (see libertycruise)
It's all relative. If the 4 or 5 cruise servers are all full and someone who wants in on a Cruise server can't, there is still a market for it.
I guess it comes not just from the money thing mentioned above, but also because someone sees an idea and thinks they can make a better version, or they want to change something about it. And as long as people keep making them, other people will keep joining them.

A case study is required here. If more servers were running more combos (rather than the standard AS3 GTR / BL1 FBM / KY1 BF1 that were the yawn-inspiring standard when I had a working wheel) then would people be more inclined to join races than cruises?
Or is it the other way round? People only want to race on combos they know like the back of their hand, so if the server(s) running that is/are full, they don't want to risk not running 103% WR times?

I can't really say much though, because I don't think I'd want to risk proper online racing with my pad because of the hyper-sensitive steering, so maybe cruising would be my best option. I also think that the cruise servers are a good way to break yourself back into the sim if you've been away for a while.

But since earning money involves grinding like a Korean RPG, I've never spent much time on them.
Am in a cruising Team myself. (one of the ones who are longer online than 1 year). And i think it's just a shame to have always threads against us cruisers... I just dont get the point. If you want to cruise... go to a cruise server.

IF YOU DONT WANT... PUT FILTER ON! (thats why the devs gave it to you) and stop spamming forum about why we should ban all cruisers and burn the cruise servers.. It just let me womit...
Quote from Woz :You post that after my last post.

Anyone is free to create any mod they want. Why should YOU be allowed to run one but nobody else is allowed to create a crise server.

I am not a fan of any of the cruise servers BUT I would never want to stop people creating mods for LFS no matter what they are.

You just sound p***ed off because other cruise servers mean players spread over more servers.

STEP UP and make your server better if you want more players. That is how competition works. If someone comes up with something better you will lose the players so keep yours fresh.

MODS: Can we close this thread of existing cruise server admins bitching and trying to close others down because they cant stand the heat?

I did at all not say that. But if people cant stop complaining about it, what you suggest we do then?
#19 - Woz
Quote from eight8acht :Am in a cruising Team myself. (one of the ones who are longer online than 1 year). And i think it's just a shame to have always threads against us cruisers... I just dont get the point. If you want to cruise... go to a cruise server.

IF YOU DONT WANT... PUT FILTER ON! (thats why the devs gave it to you) and stop spamming forum about why we should ban all cruisers and burn the cruise servers.. It just let me womit...

This is not what most of us are saying. The people vocal in this thread wanting cruise servers shut down appear to be cruise server admins unhappy with increased competition from other cruise servers.

As I said, I am not a fan but anyone is free to run whatever they want. (As long as its a legal mod) Look who is bitching then post again.

Quote from Zyrez :I did at all not say that. But if people cant stop complaining about it, what you suggest we do then?

Actually that is EXACTLY what you said. You are unhappy with other people apart from YOU running cruise servers and wish they would stop running them.

As I said before pot, kettle, black.
#20 - sun
My point of my first post was, when dougie-lampkin gave out his InSim app, neally sll the new servers have it and whats the point in going to other cruise servers when its just the same InSim over and over... Why dont they just BUILD an InSim with there OWN WORK, instead of downloading them from the forum. I downloaded one from the forum a year ago to help me with my programming in LFS. I hosted it so people could spot the errors and then i could learn from them by redoing the code i messed up.

I'am NOT saying that you cant make your own insim aplications, you can, i'am making one at the moment and it is going quite well.

If you cruisers who posted here are just moaning because you want all the money to oyur self for hosting, dont post here, this thread is to talk about to many cruise servers having the same insim and thats why i posted + there were to many its like the cruise servers have more than racing so racing servers are less and there are more cruise servers. People want to make them day after day or week after week. I'am not saying you cant make a InSim for god sake!
Nope, thats what you wanted me to say, and now you just make me look bad. Without CLC there wouldnt be any TC. Im not interessted in getting rid of either CLC, LTC or WS. Why should i? We wouldnt have a chance in lfs alone. The others i dont care about, but if they annoy others so much then do something about it, instead of these endless complaining threads?

Edit: So would you pleas stop taking words out of my mouth? Wasnt what i said
I have absolutely no interest in cruise servers, but I'll suggest that there are not enough RACE servers in LFS at the moment which is unfortunate seeing as it is a racing simulator.

Hopefully the new content that the Devs are concocting will bring some racers back.
I Race, Cruise & Drift.

Filters are there for a reason - use them - quite simple.

Quote from sun :..snip..

I see you got a bad dose of Intrepids Syndrome
Quote from Krammeh :I Race, Cruise & Drift.

Filters are there for a reason - use them - quite simple.

You got the point.

To many Cruise Servers.
(86 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG