The online racing simulator
To many Cruise Servers.
(86 posts, started )
I can finish this thread with one paragraph. And to make it seen, I'll put it in a few font sizes bigger.

If you do not want to play on cruise servers, when you Display List of Hosts, you see that little "Cruise" button on the bottom right? Yeah, that one down there. Click it. Thats all.

If you don't like playing on cruise servers, don't play on them, simple as. And the stupidest thing to to, to be honest, is complain to the forums.

At last count there were 6 Cruise servers active, out of 80 populated servers (not including Demo). I hardly class this as too many.

Yes, I enjoy cruising on TC, but I also race 75% of my time.

In conclusion, if you think there are too many cruise servers, hide them. Thats all. Unless of course you are server admins jealous of the traffic that the cruise servers get, in which case I think you have bigger issues to sort out.
Quote from sun :dont post here, this thread is to talk about to many cruise servers having the same insim

Yes, that makes sense. This thread is to talk about insim issues, which is why its titled "Too many cruise servers".

Taxi for sun!
I find this thread pretty laughable...

I seem to remember a time where you begging for help in the Programming/Insim area, Sun..... and hmm... what were you trying to make??? Exactly what you are complaining about here...

What a hypocrite....
#29 - aoun
Too many people complain these days. Grow up and have a cry, whats it to you if there is cruise servers? the devs know better not to turn it into a cruise sim, and the stronger older side of the community are interested in racing too (weather they go on cruise servers or not).

Racing will always be in LFS!
It's good to have some cruise servers, otherwise the kids would be on our racing tracks!
And when they grow up, they might jump into racing.
The whole reason i quit this game online is because of the wining on the forums... occasionally me and a friend tear up a parkinglot.. but that's it.

Regards,

Frankestein
#32 - sun
There was no need to post that here frankinstein.
Quote from Frankestein01nl :The whole reason i quit this game online is because of the wining on the forums... occasionally me and a friend tear up a parkinglot.. but that's it.

Regards,

Frankestein

You quit playing online because of the forums? ... what?

Anyways, I played on a cruise server once or twice, almost put me to sleep. Yet, I don't see how having them hurts the racers in any shape way or form. Am I missing something? What do you gain by having less cruise servers?
Quote from Frankestein01nl :The whole reason i quit this game online is because of the wining on the forums...

Do you even realize what you're saying? What do the forums have to do with playing LFS online? They're 2 completely different and seperate things. Dozens - if not hundreds - of people have been playing LFS for years and have not once visited (or posted on) the forums
#35 - Woz
Quote from Zyrez :Nope, thats what you wanted me to say, and now you just make me look bad.
Edit: So would you pleas stop taking words out of my mouth? Wasnt what i said

So here are your EXACT WORDS then

Quote from Zyrez :Well, i agree. I understand why some of you doesnt like cruise servers. But CLC. LTC and TC have been around more than most servers in LFS. We bring new people to lfs and making the game more popular. But.. all those never ending newcoming cruise servers. When do they stop. As Ash said in the first post its allways poeople who is either too lazy to make the money them self and doesnt like our so "unreasneble" rules, or its people who are banned from the bigger cruise servers and wanna teach us a "lesson"... with our own layout in a slighty modified way

I would hate if there was a complete stop to cruise servers on lfs, as its where i do my driving. But it would be nice with some kind of limit

As I said. You stated you have NOTHING against the "big" cruise servers BUT you want a limit on new ones. I did not miss quote you at all.

Or to word it in another way as I did. It is ok for me to run one but nobody else. I did not get you wrong at all

Sorry but YOU have no control over who can run what. If someone put out an open source cruise server its TOUGH. Means anyone can run one. Why should they not. MAKE YOURS better and you will rise up or stay as you are and get swamped out. This is how competition works. Adapt or fade away.

Stop bitching and calling for limits. Player demand decides who will race where.
INFO from experience :-

Anyone thinking of running a cruise server, be prepared for the constant questions

1. Why have i only got UF1
2. Can i have more money
3, Where is the bank
4. How do i rob the bank
5. Where is the lotto
6. How do i cash the lotto
7. Can i be COP
8. Chase Me
9. Why was i fined
10. Can i have a refund

You may think these questions are easy to answer, Your right they are

But when you have been answering the same questions over and over all night, this is when, you hate owning a cruise servers

Rant over

Mick
As already said 999999 times, ignore them. Im racing, cruising, and sometimes drifting. And if i wouldnt be cruising, id leave the crusier alone.
Why cant every1 be so?
Quote from Frankestein01nl :The whole reason i quit this game online is because of the wining on the forums... occasionally me and a friend tear up a parkinglot.. but that's it.

Regards,

Frankestein

Oh give me a break! Just this past weekend I was on the same track as a person I REALLY loathe on the forums; we both ignored each other and all was well.
At the risk of sounding like the oldest person here, what the hell is a cruise server?

Simon
Quote from shmall719 :At the risk of sounding like the oldest person here, what the hell is a cruise server?

Simon

a server where you can drive backwards on the track without it complaining. basically turns tracks into one circular car park.
Supply and demand I guess. Sucks to be you hating it so much, frankly I think breezy servers like this are a great place for noobys to meet and practice together, share set-ups chat or whatever....

The level of elitism on these forums would drive you insane...
Quote from Richie Cahill :servers like this are a great place for noobys to meet and practice together

But what is there to practice?

Driving slowly around a track with barriers everywhere?
Quote from zeugnimod :But what is there to practice?

Driving slowly around a track with barriers everywhere?

I'll be honest.. I've never been on one.. nor do I want to be, I just don't see what the fuss is about.
just one point racer girls... why you complaining in several threads that there are too many cruise server and too few race servers?

TAKE YOUR FINGER OUT OF YOUR *** AND START ONE YOURSELF...

Btw if you would put only half the efford it takes you to post crappy posts in a shitty thread you would have atleast 4 trillion race servers.... (think about it)

:talktohan:talktohan:talktohan:talktohan:talktohan is all i hear from racers complaining about US PROUD CRUISERS!
I like the cut of your Gib!
#47 - sun
Quote from Richie Cahill :I like the cut of your Gib!

thats a completely diffrent subject

We all know why there is a filter on LFS. The other reason of my first post is that neally 4 of the cruise servers have the same InSim. it would be better if 4-5 cruise servers was enough WITHOUT the same InSim app running on diffrent servers, because it gets boring. CLC, TC, LTC; are the most popular ones. This is a list of things they dont have:
  • Dont have the Same InSim - Which is great!
Now that is good. But the other cruise servers some of them have Robs open source cruise server hosting on there server. Some of them have been empty for months, and i see no point in having them iff people are not going to join them its just filling up the list of servers. but there is a filter what Scawen put in therev like someone said "Thats why Scawen put a cruise filter in there for a reason".

--------------------------------------------------------------------

yes someone said in my post that when i wanted to start to make a cruise server i was neally begging. untill rob came along and said he would point me into the right direction. And then i got hold of the LFS_External_Client.
I finally got the C# launguage better to use because he shared a bit of his code and told me where to put it. thats how i learnt to make new insim apps and with that cruise tutorial ( whats off my system now ) helped me to make a succesfull cruise insim app from scratch. it wasnt good but it was an attempt.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Somthing to say to those people out there to want to make an InSim. Get the LFS_External_Client, and start to programm. get the cruise tutorial and read the form1.cs and see how it works. thats how you learn.

dont moan like i did on the forums 2 years ago because ppl think oyur a bit chilish like they thought i was but once Sean told me to Stop making my insim, and read my C# book, it taught me alot of new things i have never come accross before in my life. Then after a moth of reading i told Sean i know the laungauge better now can i do my insim and he questioned me. And thtas when i learnt from the book. So Thanks Sean and Rob for all your help you have game to me!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Its time to close the thread now before other ppl start jumping in and moaning.

Regards

Owen!
As you probably know WS is one of the four older cruise servers. (befor eit was called J4f) and rob is our main insim developer. BUT we don't have that open source insim like the other few cruise servers have. So please don't put us into the same bin...
Quote from eight8acht :As you probably know WS is one of the four older cruise servers. (befor eit was called J4f) and rob is our main insim developer. BUT we don't have that open source insim like the other few cruise servers have. So please don't put us into the same bin...

He means other rob fredy. I think he means dougie-lampkin.

Btw sun you can't rly talk since you hosted your own cruise server.
Quote from eight8acht :just one point racer girls... why you complaining in several threads that there are too many cruise server and too few race servers?

TAKE YOUR FINGER OUT OF YOUR *** AND START ONE YOURSELF...

Btw if you would put only half the efford it takes you to post crappy posts in a shitty thread you would have atleast 4 trillion race servers.... (think about it)

:talktohan:talktohan:talktohan:talktohan:talktohan is all i hear from racers complaining about US PROUD CRUISERS!

Because people like to jump on bandwagons. It is the "in" thing on this forum to jump into a topic such as this and complain about all the cruise servers and complain about the lack of race servers. They are 2 different issues, and one of them is completely different from the actual complaint.

Go to the bottom of the server list and click EMPTY: YES. Wow! Look at all the servers! There's like 300 of them! No lack of servers now, is there?

Now click the filter CRUISE: NO. Wow! How many servers are there now? 293? Didn't get rid of many cruise servers, did it? The ratio of cruise servers to race servers is very low.

People are just venting the frustration of the lack of RACERS on the servers to the cruise servers. Who cares if there are cruise servers or how many. Who cares that people go on cruise servers. If it wasn't for the cruise servers, the majority of those users wouldn't be on LFS. Getting rid of the cruise servers is NOT going to magically create full racing servers. The current problem with LFS is that there is a lack of racers, not how many servers there are. There are plenty of race servers running nearly every combination of car and track available.

Everyone involved in the cruising talks in these threads about the 4 original cruise servers. Guess what, there wasn't 4, there was only 1. It started out as a cops n robbers server at the autoX arena. It was a game that people joined in for a bit of chase fun. This was racers who were joining in these servers. They chased each other, played cops and robbers, played tag, etc as a relief from the grind of racing constantly.

Along came the insim programming. The Citylife server created an insim application to use as a money system to give life to the cops and robbers server. They created a layout at FE Black to use. Thus, the CLC server was born. IT is the original. Someone was mad because of loosing money from disconnects or didn't like the way the admins were on CLC, thus they had to go out and start their own so they could have it their way. They used the same concept, the same layouts, the same general idea of the insim application, and TC was born. TC was the first copy and all others after that are copies.

CLC had a good thing going for a while. They had the mature racing community joining in. It was fun. You had the chases and the games that was brought about from the old cops and robber server. Then the kids found out about it and started joining in. That is where the crying and whining came about. This led to the start of everyone starting their own cruise server because they didn't like not having the power. "I'll just make my own and I'll have all the money and all the admin power." Thus, TC was born and some flocked to it. Others got mad at TC, so they started yet another and another and another..... Before you knew it, there were cruise servers popping up all over the place. All because of a bunch of children whining and crying over another server and it's rules/regulations.

It's all about the maturity of the community. You don't see people crying, then running out and copying racing servers. Conedodgers developed a system for their supporters, those who like GTR/AS3. CTRA developed a public tier system for public racing. People like the small open wheelers, the FOX then later the FBM, and provide racing in those cars. And most all other servers come about as either team servers or league servers so they can race together and practice together for league races. They all provide something different, unlike the cruise servers which all provide the same thing, drive for money and buy cars.

Cruise servers are all the same, created by people who are mad at the other and want the power. Race servers are all different and provide private places for teams to practice, provide leagues which are all different with different classes, or provide different venues for public racing.

To many Cruise Servers.
(86 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG