The online racing simulator
Max Payne trailer (looks shockingly good)
(38 posts, started )
Indeed, it looks damn interesting!
Oh noes...Marlo Stanfield is on the movie ...just kidding.
I loved the games, lets see if the movie keep the standard.
I played the game briefly, once, was pretty cool from what I could tell. The movie looks like it will be fantastic, though, I'm quite looking forward to this one.
Quote from fujiwara :Oh noes...Marlo Stanfield is on the movie ...just kidding.
I loved the games, lets see if the movie keep the standard.

That's the problem. If it's a game based on a movie, or a movie based on game it usually is crap.
Just look at the Mario movie they made some years ago, I did not even watch it til the end, it was truelly horrible.

But if they stay true to the game history, aswell tries to get this dark theme on it, then it probally is going to be awesome.
Quote from fujiwara :Oh noes...Marlo Stanfield is on the movie

Hah, yeah.

That was the first thing I thought as well.

Now where's Omar as Max's written-in-for-the-movie sidekick?
OMG, my favorite game, EVER!!
Quote from The Very End :That's the problem. If it's a game based on a movie, or a movie based on game it usually is crap.
Just look at the Mario movie they made some years ago, I did not even watch it til the end, it was truelly horrible.

But if they stay true to the game history, aswell tries to get this dark theme on it, then it probally is going to be awesome.

Yea, i think the only good game->movie was the Resident evil movies.
Quote from Klutch :Yea, i think the only good game->movie was the Resident evil movies.

Uhh...
Quote from fujiwara :Oh noes...Marlo Stanfield is on the movie ...just kidding.

As long as it isn't Uwe Boll it might be watchable
I dont know , i am a big fan of Mp

But i dont undertand. the movie is a story apart or simple the continue of bout games?
Quote from Inouva :I dont know , i am a big fan of Mp

But i dont undertand. the movie is a story apart or simple the continue of bout games?

Somewhere in the timeline of the first game. Apparently taking some freedoms regarding the games story.
Quote from The Very End :That's the problem. If it's a game based on a movie, or a movie based on game it usually is crap.

And in this case it's a movie based on a game that takes so much influence from movies...

After seeing the trailer, it had a nice feel, I bit like the games. But the movie needs to have little bit more than just lots of (in the trailer nicely done) slow motion scenes. Director does not exactly have very convincing background (Behind Enemy Lines...) and Mark Wahlberg is little bit bad choice. And Lucacris... wtf? Still more than reasonable chances to be the first well done game movie.

Btw, there has been also in the works indie movie called Payne & Redemption. But now FOX pressured them to drop everything from the movie that hints to Max Payne franchise, so they need to pretty much re-make it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nZF2ApxX2eE&fmt=18

http://www.payneandredemption.com/blog/
Putting that on my Movies To Watch list.
Was that Sucre from Prison Break on the trailer?
Looks good, but it kinda doesn't have too much in common with the game, some flying monsters, and while Marky Mark is a great actor, it doesn't remind me of the Max Payne characther...
Quote from deggis :Valkyr drug... shouldn't that be obvious.

I don't get it, there were no flying things in Max Payne..
So you're willing to accept hellish labyrinths full of screaming babies, but not demon creatures?

Clearly the Valkyr drug can cause all kinds of hallucinations.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :So you're willing to accept hellish labyrinths full of screaming babies, but not demon creatures?

Clearly the Valkyr drug can cause all kinds of hallucinations.

Oooh.. halucinations, right.. sorry, had little sleep last night...
Hmm.. jury's out for me. I don't know the game but the film looks a little bit generic for my liking, most likely I'll wait till it's out on DVD. I only hope Nelly Furtados part is small.. very very small ..
Quote from deggis :... Still more than reasonable chances to be the first well done game movie ...

Sorry for the offtopic, but what about Silent Hill?!

And ontopic - I want Sami Järvi (the guy who is the "real" Max Payne) to be Max Payne in the film also. But who cares about what I want anywayz Still, it would be nice to see the actors from the game on the movie screen, and as someone on other forums mentioned, where the hell is Vladimir Lem ?!
Quote from gezmoor :I only hope Nelly Furtados part is small.. very very small ..

She has a part? Oh well, waste of a movie.
Quote from deggis :And Lucacris... wtf?

He's rumored to be Lt. Jim Bravura... you know, the elderly fat white leutenant with the glasses...
Quote from squidhead :He's rumored to be Lt. Jim Bravura... you know, the elderly fat white leutenant with the glasses...

He show it in mp2 , after you take the elevator
@Inouva - Squidhead was trying to point out, that Ludacris is black, young and slim, while Jim Bravura was white, old, and fat :P Ludacris is listed as that character on iMDB tho'
oh and btw, that realy was Sucre from PrisonBreak :P He's going to play Jack Lupino in the film. More on iMDB

(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG