The online racing simulator
Test Patch Y31 - Updates
(108 posts, closed, started )
Quote from DanielC :Everything working fine for me, yet another step towards perfection ...

Stupid question about the dedicated server ...

Underneath the hosts name, it just displays a " ? " instead of " host ", for example.
Is it supposed to be like that? It's been doing that in all these test patchs for me ...

Noticed this too but found it too little to mention.
#77 - [d9]
Quote from DanielC :
Stupid question about the dedicated server ...

Underneath the hosts name, it just displays a " ? " instead of " host ", for example.
Is it supposed to be like that? It's been doing that in all these test patchs for me ...

try to enter /names
Hello, there is a bug in the steering wheel when turning right, joins with the other piece, see photo.
Attached images
bug_wheel.jpg
Quote from priit213 :[/B]
PS: Keep those patches coming, so we need to unlock LFS every day. And yes, I'm mad.

Today's one will come with two unlocks. I want to release it before the early evening, hoping this is the final test patch.
Y31 - in welcome screen and agreement, Enter does not "press" the green button..
and other next screens that appear when you are in LFS first time (car, controller etc.)
#81 - Dru
OK,

the test patches are great, but I have got one thing which is a major problem to me...

the updated speedo on the UFR.

Any chance that the contrast of the rev limit light can be increased. At the moment when driving with 'real' speedo etc it is almost impossible to see the rev limit light flash up due to its dull colour compared to the gear light indicator.

I was hoping that you could change this but looking thorugh the colour options in display etc I could not find anythnig apart from using the fox dashboard back light, but unfortunately the gear indicator and rev limit are not covered by this.

Any chance this can be made a 'bright' 'contrasting' light once more please

Thanks,

Dru.
I just wanted to make a note about a couple of things I will not be fixing, so you are not surprised when you see they are still there in Y32.

Quote from Vagner :The dashboard in XRG and XRT is inverted when driver position is left. The revmeter and speedometer is swapped.

Not easy to fix, the way it has been done. But I expect this will change in future when I provide Eric with some better road car dashboard editing controls. Anyway, is there a rule that the speedo must always be on the right? I don't know...

Quote from Alien_CZ :Hi Scaw, a little bug:

Right click dosnt work in ride height and clutch pack differential settings.

True but that has always been the case for the ride height, and the double slider bars in the garage. The reason is too long to explain now. Just so everyone knows, left click does small steps and right click moves the slider bar in 10 times steps. So you can get accurate values quite quickly even without typing.

Quote from Flame CZE :Y31 - in welcome screen and agreement, Enter does not "press" the green button..
and other next screens that appear when you are in LFS first time (car, controller etc.)

I won't fix this either. It's not important enough at this stage. I fear the consequences of adding a key to a bunch of screens that are used in different places in the program. What happens when an official patch goes out and a real bug is found the next day... that's very bad.
Quote from Scawen :Anyway, is there a rule that the speedo must always be on the right?

I don't think so. Atleast there are many cars where the speedo is on the left.
usually you just dont need a speedo, maybe a rpm display but even that is useless because you hear how high you are revving and you feel how fast you are / can go.
Moved off topic posts to the "clutter" thread.
#86 - dev
Quote from Scawen :Not easy to fix, the way it has been done. But I expect this will change in future when I provide Eric with some better road car dashboard editing controls. Anyway, is there a rule that the speedo must always be on the right? I don't know...

My car (Škoda Felicia) has the speedo on the left, an the rpm meter on the right, so no it's not a rule
I have had many Renaults, and I can affirm that the newest ones have the speedo on the right and the older ones have the rpm on the right. Maybe in order to the co-driver can't see the speed?

The position really don't mind, is the same.

Scawen:
You mentioned a 'dashboard editing controls'. Could you explain which improves will bring this? Could be the dashboard editable by the user, like the Analog Gauges, but moving with the car, and hidded by the steering wheel?
Ufr\ufx Wheel Bug
UFR\UFX WHEEL BUG
Attached images
UF WHEEL.jpg
Quote from Scawen :Not easy to fix, the way it has been done. But I expect this will change in future when I provide Eric with some better road car dashboard editing controls. Anyway, is there a rule that the speedo must always be on the right? I don't know...

It would be more esthetic, therefore, every others cars has speedometer, gear info and revmeter. I am usual with others cars.
Quote from Whiskey :

Scawen: You mentioned a 'dashboard editing controls'. Could you explain which improves will bring this? Could be the dashboard editable by the user, like the Analog Gauges, but moving with the car, and hidded by the steering wheel?

He was talking about provide Eric better dashboard editing tools, not for users.
That's not a bug, the cars that not have new 3D interior dont have steering wheel bar

m3marte: I know, but I want to know what thas tool can do, and if someday it could be public
Quote from Bluebird B B :But i have to admit i haven' driven much gtr ' s since the 4wd was adjusted to be just as fast as the rwd gtr' s.

This never happened, and rightfully so.
Quote from eblise :UFR\UFX WHEEL BUG

The UFR is nowhere near finished. It will be in a patch after Z I think.
when is patch "z" estimated to come?
-
(Kid222) DELETED by Kid222
Quote from traxxion :I guess this bug is off-topic?
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=816211#post816211

But maybe it's fairly easy to fix for patch Z? I hope so anyway!

If your username is "Rudy van Buren" it sais the same on LfsWorld.

But.. is the username case sensitive? What if you "unlock" your LFS with "Rudy van buren"? I think that's the only way to get "Rudy van buren" in the MPR?

The question of course is if this is true I saw the same in InSim once..
Quote from BoyGTA :How are you so sure?

Well, because Scawen hopes that Y32 is the last test patch, and 90% of the time, the new "official" patch comes on the friday after the last test patch.
Quote from Whiskey :Scawen: You mentioned a 'dashboard editing controls'. Could you explain which improves will bring this? Could be the dashboard editable by the user, like the Analog Gauges, but moving with the car, and hidded by the steering wheel?

An editor tool for Eric. I recently added a dashboard editor for the LCD clocks. He needs an editor for road car clocks and that will give more flexibility and better dashboards in future.

Quote from eblise :UFR\UFX WHEEL BUG

It's still awaiting my UF improvements. I did nothing to the UFR apart from adding the race car dash and also made the mirrors less angular.

Quote from traxxion :I guess this bug is off-topic?
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=816211#post816211

But maybe it's fairly easy to fix for patch Z? I hope so anyway!

I've answered over there. It's not at all easy to fix, actually it's impossible to fix and keep compatibility.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Y31 - Updates
(108 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG